Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 253952 times)

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Signup - TT S4, Signup
« Reply #1740 on: January 17, 2015, 11:16:46 am »

I have put in a new team for the training league.

If I wanted to switch out my team in the main league how would I do that?  I kinda want to see how my Orcs do in place of my Delves for a season.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10 Final Results - TT3 Final Results
« Reply #1741 on: January 17, 2015, 11:46:39 am »

Final Results from Season 10
Spoiler: Results and Standings (click to show/hide)

Final Results from TT Season 3
Spoiler: Results and Standings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:43:48 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 17, 2015, 12:04:06 pm »

At the advice of the strategy website, I have replaced my second thrower and second berserker with a werewolf and third reroll... probably for the best, I don't think I prioritized rerolls enough when I initially built the team...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 17, 2015, 12:34:37 pm »

Yeah, I mean. Only three vampires? Clearly newbie error there. It's their only good player! You gota take all six!  :P

You can't take all 6, that's madness! You'll never be able to control Blood Lust like that.

The correct starting lineup is 11 thralls and 8 rerolls, solving the Blood Lust problem for good.

At the advice of the strategy website, I have replaced my second thrower and second berserker with a werewolf and third reroll... probably for the best, I don't think I prioritized rerolls enough when I initially built the team...

Looks good, but it doesn't seem that you actually picked up the third reroll -- you just have the money for one in the bank.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 17, 2015, 01:14:30 pm »

Looks good, but it doesn't seem that you actually picked up the third reroll -- you just have the money for one in the bank.
Whoops, I'll fix that now...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 17, 2015, 09:33:37 pm »

Upset Alert! #4 ranked Ogre team Monk's Morons defeats #1 seed and defending Champion My Mummie's Mummies 2-1!

I'd just like to point out that an ogre team just won -- to emphasize that a little bit, because that's just not supposed to happen. Congratulations.

I was hoping to watch but Cyanide wouldn't let me connect, alas (yet about what you'd expect from them.)

Oh, is that where you went? That sucks, you missed a humdinger. Probably the finest Ogre match I've played that didn't rely on a pitch clear.

Yeah, I mean. Only three vampires? Clearly newbie error there. It's their only good player! You gota take all six!  :P

You can't take all 6, that's madness! You'll never be able to control Blood Lust like that.

The correct starting lineup is 11 thralls and 8 rerolls, solving the Blood Lust problem for good.

Ah, I was a fool! I actually do like Thralls, they're a nice price.

Getting the Halflings to TV1000 to ball with the big boys was pretty exciting- first time I've ever bought Fan Factor at team creation (and probably the last.)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: January 17, 2015, 09:36:39 pm »

Why not simply keep the gold in reserve, and win more inducements?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 17, 2015, 09:58:51 pm »

That's what I'd do for basically any other team, but I'm gambling that the starting Fan Factor will give me FAME, leading to favorable kickoff events and extra fling replacement monies. Halflings always love extra rerolls from events, and if they get hit by rocks from the stands they're more likely to die than other races, so that's to be avoided if possible. Besides, coming into the main league as TV1000 should get me plenty of Inducements anyway :P

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 18, 2015, 01:29:12 am »

That's what I'd do for basically any other team, but I'm gambling that the starting Fan Factor will give me FAME, leading to favorable kickoff events and extra fling replacement monies. Halflings always love extra rerolls from events, and if they get hit by rocks from the stands they're more likely to die than other races, so that's to be avoided if possible. Besides, coming into the main league as TV1000 should get me plenty of Inducements anyway :P

MY rule with the halflings was was that pretty much any injury other than a BH resulted in selling the ling and buying a new one. I think I only ever ran out of money one game in the whole training league season, :p

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: January 18, 2015, 09:52:31 am »

MY rule with the halflings was was that pretty much any injury other than a BH resulted in selling the ling and buying a new one. I think I only ever ran out of money one game in the whole training league season, :p
Halflings: why buy apothecaries when players are so cheap?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 18, 2015, 08:28:13 pm »

Answer: Treemen :P

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: January 18, 2015, 09:47:48 pm »

Answer: Treemen :P

exactly, lol. I almost lost my treemen once or twice and was glad I had an apothecary!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: January 18, 2015, 09:50:22 pm »

How do you lose something with AV10?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: January 18, 2015, 10:25:36 pm »

How do you lose something with AV10?

Any combination of gang fouls, claw, or unlucky dice, in my experience. Combined with the fact that they frequently find themselves alone with no fling support, and it's only a matter of time.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 22, 2015, 03:38:52 am »

I've kicked all unverified teams from the main league to get a better idea of how many players we have signed up. By my count we currently have 6 in the main league and 9 in the training league. If anyone has a friend they can convince to join the training, feel free to do so. If I accidentally kicked a team from the main league that has posted in here, sorry about that. Just re-apply and I'll accept you. I'm hoping to get these leagues started by next Monday. As it currently is I'm thinking about a few different formats/changes.

Situation 1:

Main League: double round robin with 4 team playoff
Training League: single round robin with 4/6 team playoff depending on league size (if the 6 team playoff can't be handled by the bloodbowl league I'll just make a separate league for the wild-card games to be played)

Situation 2:

Main League: single round robin with 4 team playoff
Training league (if we have 8 or 12 people): 2 4/6-man divisions with  4/6 team playoff (top 2/3 from each division)

I personally like situation 2 better because I think the shorter seasons would help keep league momentum going. We usually tend to fizzle out sometime around week 8 or 9 so I'm hoping shorter seasons would stop that. Any input is appreciated so post your thoughts. Don't forget to try and recruit a friend for the training league! :p
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 149