Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 253898 times)

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Finals - TT S4, QF
« Reply #1935 on: April 17, 2015, 07:14:54 pm »

That win sets up the main league finals!! It should be a bloody, exciting match-up between these two coaches to determine who will be the new Bay12 Champion! No matter who wins, there will be another coach standing in the hall of champions at the end of the match!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: April 17, 2015, 07:37:26 pm »

I hope you mashed the orcs good and proper for me Slaya.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: April 18, 2015, 12:32:54 am »

Remuthra? Are you alive? I sent you a message regarding our game last Sunday and you still haven't replied yet. :-\

I'm free basically any time this weekend (afternoons/evening's preferred), you just need to send me a message about when you want to get together to play our game and I'll do my absolute best to be there.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: April 18, 2015, 01:33:37 am »

I hope you mashed the orcs good and proper for me Slaya.

Had I been able to mash the orcs I would've won that game, xD. Unfortunately his wizard hurt a few of my players and his orcs hurt the rest while my Chaos only KO'd and stunned his guys..

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: April 23, 2015, 05:48:22 pm »

Remuthra? Are you alive? I sent you a message regarding our game last Sunday and you still haven't replied yet. :-\

I'm free basically any time this weekend (afternoons/evening's preferred), you just need to send me a message about when you want to get together to play our game and I'll do my absolute best to be there.

Since there hasn't been any response to this, I've given Otherplayers the win and advanced the training league playoffs.

Match-ups are:

Fightin' Fairies v The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds
Slaya's SVENS v Cript's Clobbers

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: April 23, 2015, 07:25:48 pm »

Props to Sinistar on the victory over my vampires; been a while since I had to sit on the sidelines for semifinal Bloodbowl. Ah well... think I might bring my Skaven squad forward to main league, as they're the most qualified team on my bench now.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Finals - TT S4, SF
« Reply #1941 on: April 24, 2015, 02:58:43 pm »

Scaly and Lazy 1 - 0 Da Green Thwack'rs

Well, once again my opponent quit about halfway though the match again. But, I guess that's how blood bowl goes.  :-\

It started with me receiving the ball, I pushed up against the orcs, and they pushed  back. The skinks and a few saurus blockers looked for a point to break though the line, drifting from the left side, to the middle, then back to the right, before deciding to make a break for it. 2 skinks (one with the ball) and two Saurus moved up against the left side of the pitch. The orcs rallied and caged in the lizards, but the skinks dodged though for a touch down next turn anyway.

The second drive saw the orcs rapidly advance and set up a lose cage around their ball carrier in the back field. I sent my break tackle saurus forward to threaten the cage, and in response the orcs tried to pass the ball to a blitzer down field. The orcs fumbled the ball into the ground, and next turn I blitzed the orc away from the ball on the ground and ran in my skinks to retrieve it. The orcs pushed back, knocking down the lizard and the skinks, and picking the ball back up. From there they tried to throw it down again, but once again the ball failed to fly, it bounced away from the orcs, and a skink retrieved it, but the half was over, too late for a goal.

At the start of the second half I kicked the ball out into the orc backfield, and the orc catcher failed to pick up the ball. Raddish decided he'd had enough of his bumbling orc catcher, and decided it was time to forfeit the match.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: April 24, 2015, 03:29:23 pm »

Finding less and less enjoyment in the game does that.  The fact I ended up in the final is nuts.

There was not much of a chance for me in that match due to the differences between our teams and losing the coin toss pretty much meant I had no chance.  At best it would have been pushed to extra time and then the little skinks would have as much time as they liked to score.

I still hate the way overtime works in the game but oh well.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: April 24, 2015, 07:29:02 pm »

Cript's Clobbers 2-1 SLAYA'S SVENS

Has concluded.

It was a crazy game. And very close right up to (and past) the end.

It started with me receiving the ball. My beastmen picked it up and moved forward for a cage all well and go, but the front line fighting went quite poorly. The Svens pushed on the sides and front, squeezing my team in their sweaty manflesh, and breaking my cage in the middle to bits. Eventually the ball got knocked around a bit and landed in a chaos warriors hands, who I managed to double push out of the SVEN press and a bit towards freedom. But it was too little, too late, as the warrior only managed to make it a few steps away before the Sven response brought him to the ground and managed to recover the ball. The Svens took off running as they held down my team and scored on the final turn of the half.

In the second half the Svens received the ball and pushed forward on the left hand side of the pitch. They managed to partially break though my line, however the chaos counter attack managed to get some lucky knockdowns on some key Svens, including the super high level star running Sven, who was knocked out with a fractured leg (although the apothecary saved him from death) and the tide turned. The ball was recovered and pushed forward into the Sven field, and although the Sven blitzers tried to respond in the end they were not enough to stop the beastmen and warriors from pushing into the end zone for the score to tie it up.

The next drive took about 20 turns.

The Svens were down three Svens in this drive, and starting to be outnumbered, but they bravely forged forward anyway, trying to end the game quickly a blitzter pushed though deep into chaos territory and a Sven runner picked up the ball for a pass to him. However, the throw was off, and the Chaos team ended up recovering the ball. At this point I think we both though that I would be able to use my greater numbers to push in eventually for the victory. But we were not ready for what happened next. With both of us running out of rerolls, instead of me being able to push forward I got bogged down by the remaining Svens. And... Well, I belive slaya used the best words for it, it was simply a comedy of errors on both sides. Turn after turn our players failed to hit each other, the only times that anyone got a clean hit off was when they were hitting a ball carrier, which only served to keep the ball in that tiny area of the pitch for quite a while, as nether of us could actually manage to pick it up! At one memorable point one of my warriors rolled double red skulls and KO'd himself, followed by Slayas Yetti rolling double red skulls and KOing itself. Followed by another warrior of mine rolling double red skulls and KOing itself. The chaos was intense. And lasted for a good 10 or so turns, until eventually, finally, the ball popped freeish, and a warrior was freeish, and managed to grab the ball and run for it. It turned out that it didn't matter how slow he was, because the bad luck of the drive still followed Slaya, who was unable to knock down a no skill beastman with four dice, and then failed a dodge, and so was unable to the chaos warrior in time to stop him from FINALLY scoring.

After that there were still three turns left for Slaya to try to tie it up and force even more overtime, but in the end the ball proved impossible for anyone to pick up, nether Slaya nor me could get a handle on it (and lord knows we tried) and the game finally, after a total of 16 turns of overtime. Came to a close.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 24, 2015, 07:44:24 pm »

Man, I love me some OT thrillers. One away from the double!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1945 on: April 25, 2015, 02:41:34 pm »

Props to Sinistar on the victory over my vampires; been a while since I had to sit on the sidelines for semifinal Bloodbowl. Ah well... think I might bring my Skaven squad forward to main league, as they're the most qualified team on my bench now.
And it was quite a nerve wrecking experience for me, probably the most since I started playing Blood Bowl! Picking up the ball deep in the enemy territory by luck instead of slowly and carefully trying to punch with a ball-cage through mid-pitch lines... well, that was more exhausting than I imagined.

But I half wish I didn't win that one, as I am again about to face that annoying elves in few minutes... ah well, hope I'll at least bash some pointy-eared skulls, if nothing else. :P
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: April 27, 2015, 01:46:18 pm »

Congratulations to the newest addition to the Champions Circle, Criptfiend! We may be getting enough champion teams/coaches to have a champions league again!

With the elven and chaos victories the training league final is set.

In other news, Main League and training league Sign-ups are now open. Post team name, race, and the league you wish to apply for so we can get some preliminary numbers to help with league formatting. Make sure that any teams applying to the training league are new teams and main league applicants have only played in official Bay12 Games. I'm planning on going with a two teams per race limit in each league again and actual schedule formatting will depend on the number of teams in each league.

example post:

Team Name: unknown
Team Race: Goblins
League: Main League

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: April 27, 2015, 03:40:09 pm »

Let's see...

Monk's Mjolnir Makers
Norse
Training Tournament

Monk's Mountebanks
Skaven
Main League

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11 Final Results - TT S4 Final Results
« Reply #1948 on: April 27, 2015, 04:03:56 pm »

Final Results from Season 11
Spoiler: Results and Standings (click to show/hide)

Final Results from TT Season 4
Spoiler: Results and Standings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 04:38:11 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Signup - TT S4, Finals
« Reply #1949 on: April 27, 2015, 04:14:55 pm »

I'm not going to apply to the main league this time around I don't think, the lizardmen deserve their rest, and I'm really not sold on my chaos team as of yet (maybe I'll throw them in next season)

But I will enter the training league.

Cript's Korinch Crew
Skaven (Literally never played a weaker running team like this. So it's going to be interesting TM.)
Training Tournament
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 149