Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 254034 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Final - TT S5, QF
« Reply #2115 on: July 29, 2015, 06:36:48 pm »

Gonna be lots of goblin shenanigans in the next main season by the look of it...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 29, 2015, 06:44:39 pm »

Pondering throwing one into the ring myself, but it depends on how butthurt I am over the outcome of my remaining matches... (Edit: Yeah, I'm super butthurt. Fuck that. /Edit)

We going to have a team limit this season?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 04:37:26 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 29, 2015, 09:14:44 pm »

Well. After my rats got so creamed by Slaya I'm not so in love with the idea of advancing them. Not that I didn't like them, just that I did so bad, I'd rather wait and maybe make a new team sometime next year.

Since I don't want to play chaos ether I probably won't be going into the main league again next season.

I'm not sure what team I'll make for the training league. I'll think on it though. After the rat disaster I'm thinking I'll go back to strong.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: July 29, 2015, 09:33:07 pm »

After the rat disaster I'm thinking I'll go back to strong.
~goooooo ooooogggreeeesssss~

~goooooo ooooogggreeeesssss~

~Yoooouuuuuu knnnnooooowwwww yooooouuuuu waaaaaannnnntttt tooooooooooo~

:P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: July 30, 2015, 02:39:29 pm »

We Move for Nobody 2-1 Mr Bone's Wild Ride

A much more even match than the last time the skelebros fought the mad dwarves, the inducements certainly gave Dapper apples the best odds with 8 rerolls in the first half. Between all the agility skills they are certainly and interesting team to fight. The first half Mr. Bones' team scored with their leap-sure feet ghoul, then managed to stop the hobgoblins on the chaos dorfs from getting a goal themselves. One bull centaur got a niggling injury, but the apothecary cured it. Also a skelebro got crushed and failed to regenerate.

The second half, the ball carrier hobgoblin managed to dash through a gap in the undead lineup, but were stopped by a wight. Two blockers flattened him and a bull centaur grabbed the ball, but then stumbled over the grass and dropped it. The hubgoblin then grabbed the ball again and ran it in for a TD. The game went into overtime as the undead broke through the ch dorf cage, but with guard trickery the ball carrier managed to slip away for another goal. Then the game ended.

Injuries: A skeleton got a smashed collarbone I think, but he'll probably just be replaced since he had no skills, spp, or even a name.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Signup - TT S5, SF
« Reply #2120 on: July 30, 2015, 04:47:47 pm »

Well. After my rats got so creamed by Slaya I'm not so in love with the idea of advancing them.
I just realized that you did that to my rats with your lizards when they were in the Training League, xp.

We going to have a team limit this season?
I don't mind abolishing the team limit completely as we seem to get a decent spread of teams anyways, and playing a load of goblin v goblin matches could be fun/funny for all involved. Also, my dwarves could have so much fun in a goblin league, xD

Hey, I'm not winning it this year, and I didn't win last season, and the season before that was Ogres, and who plays them in a Tournament of Champions setting? I think it's on you to win with your Elves this year so they can have a round with my Humans, Slaya's Khemri, and Cript's Lizardmen :P

After the championship dust has settled, there are still quite a few elves left on the pitch. Unfortunately for them they are laying on it with broken hands, dead, or Badly hurt with the SVENs holding the championship trophy on the podium.

This was the most brutal first two turns I've ever experienced. The kick-off event was a pitch invasion that left EIGHT of my players stunned on the pitch and only two of Kanil's. Kanil then proceeded to Stun another of my players and foul my 4STR 4AGI berserker and BH him (luckily for me the sneaky git dirty player got ejected). I chose to apothecary as the tackle and stats were too good to go without all game. With only two guys available to move I tried to dodge away to get a decent hit on an elf and promptly rolled double ones to hit the pitch and end my first turn. This left Kanil with 10 standing players to my 1 and let him foul and KO Sven the magnificent. He managed to stall his score until turn 4 with all the norse standing back up, but no other casualties were sustained before the first TD. The rest of the half consisted of the norse poking the elves and the elves stalling the norse. As the half neared its finish the norse managed to KO two elves, hurt a blitzer, and break through the elven line for the turn 8 TD.

The second half began with a 9-11 player advantage for the SVENs and quickly increased with the yhetee killing a 0SPP linemen, the other blitzer going down to a BH, and a few more casualties on the elves. With the elves only having 5 players left on the pitch the norse waited out the remainder of the second half and scored on turn 16 for the 2-1 victory.

In other news the training league has advanced and despite my best efforts, has messed up the seeding slightly.

As it stands, the next round is

Kanil- Broad Street Broads v Aslandus- We Move for Nobody
Monk12 - Monk's Mjollnir Makers v THE_SLAYA- SLAYA's Strönghammers

If there is any way to change this so that the seeding is correct let me know, if not we'll just have to play these match-ups

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: July 30, 2015, 05:14:33 pm »

Kanil- Broad Street Broads v Aslandus- We Move for Nobody
Monk12 - Monk's Mjollnir Makers v THE_SLAYA- SLAYA's Strönghammers

If there is any way to change this so that the seeding is correct let me know, if not we'll just have to play these match-ups

You should be able to adjust the seeding until the first match is played. It's on the schedule page, IIRC.

It's possible Cyanide doesn't let you change seeding after the first playoff round, but I honestly don't know if that's the case -- I only managed one 8 man playoff, and it was a long time ago...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 06:20:06 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: July 31, 2015, 05:44:30 pm »

I'm willing to try again, hopefully nothing comes up this time. Humans still available? If so I'd like to sign up with a similar team, the Wissenland Wrestlers.

Either one is fine, but I'd prefer the training tourney as it's a fresh team.

EDIT: Actually just checked the TVs of the main league and... Nope nope nope. I am 100% waiting for the Training tourney to finish lol.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: July 31, 2015, 08:32:13 pm »

I'm willing to try again, hopefully nothing comes up this time. Humans still available? If so I'd like to sign up with a similar team, the Wissenland Wrestlers.

Either one is fine, but I'd prefer the training tourney as it's a fresh team.

EDIT: Actually just checked the TVs of the main league and... Nope nope nope. I am 100% waiting for the Training tourney to finish lol.

Humans are good to go in the training league!

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: August 01, 2015, 09:02:29 am »

1. Main league
2. Sandstorm Riders (Khemri)
3. TSW1999

I don't know if i can manage to play two games a week, but I'll try.

1. Training League
2. Blackfang Viper (Dark Elf)
3. TSW1999

I will apply them tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:34:14 am by SpottedWobbegong »

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: August 01, 2015, 10:03:55 pm »

Applications are open for the main league so you can begin applying teams for next season. Password is Bay12

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: August 02, 2015, 09:40:14 pm »

Norse win their semifinal match thanks in large part to the big N man in the sky (and the recent inducement conversation that reminded me how to go about buying a Wizard.) Apart from the dwarves spending a futile turn pushing the Norse around (and then receiving a successful counterattack) when their Runner made a break for it and a Lightning Bolt stopped him short, the bouncing ball wound up in the claws of team Yhetee Hephaestus, who then blitzed his way into the endzone for a 1-0 lead. A difficult hole to climb out of for any dwarf team, especially lacking the deathroller in the second half, and sure enough the Norse managed to push through on their offense for a nigh-insurmountable 2-0 lead with 3 turns to play.

No deaths, no major injuries, though the Yhetee and ST4 Berserker did their share of dwarf-maiming.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: August 05, 2015, 01:12:07 pm »

Training league PLAYOFFS
We move for nobody 1-0 Monk's Mjolner Makers

This game had a lot of back and forth, with both sides having mixed luck. The first half several Ch Dorf players got injured and two Norse linemen died, with several more Norse being KO'd. The wizard blasted the hobgoblin ball carrier, and the rainy weather prevented him from picking up the ball for several turns, and by the time he managed it there wasn't time to score.

For the second half, the weather changed to nice and the runner grabbed the ball. The Norse were starting with only 9 players, but all their positionals were still in play while the Ch dorf players were missing their minotaur and a hobgoblin (and perhaps a blocker or two, I don't remember). The Norse pushed forward, the chaos dwarves pushed back, and again, until the Norse runner broke through, only to get marked by a hobgoblin and bull centaur and fail to dodge. The ball is grabbed again and carried near the edge, but then the hobgoblin has to pass to a dorf to keep it away from the Norse players. It works, sort of, the ball is dropped on the ground but it is away from easy grabbing by the Norse. The ball is bounced around and finally a dorf blocker gets it, then manages to dodge away from the Norse line and run it all the way to the end zone, scoring the only TD of the game.

Injuries: two Norse players died, and three Chaos dorf players will miss next game (two blockers and a hobgoblin I think)

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: August 07, 2015, 09:38:22 am »

Congratulations to our newest champions!! I'll be clearing out the training league now and opening it up for teams to apply.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Final Results - TT S5 Final Results
« Reply #2129 on: August 07, 2015, 10:33:33 am »

Final Results from Season 12
Spoiler: Results and Standings (click to show/hide)

Final Results from TT Season 5
Spoiler: Results and Standings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:28:54 pm by Kanil »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 149