Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: The Rabbit Hole (A (gruesome) game) - 1 deceased.  (Read 29492 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: The Rabbit Hole (A (gruesome) game) 1 character slot still open!
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 11:10:40 pm »

The nagging desire to stop and mourn Cassidie's death fades as training takes over. Jake drops another two vicodin into his palm  and says "Viny, I'm going to need you to swallow these. Can you do that?" Viny nods without thinking and after about six minutes of coughing fits and almost choking they go down. "That leaves 36 vicodin in the bottle. 18 full doses. 8 hours each. 144 hours in all. Your mind doesn't belong here it belongs on Viny." Jake thinks. Jake begins with the large cut on Viny's abdomen, grabbing gauze and iodine and tincture. Without thinking Jake applies the iodine to Viny without warning him resulting in a loud shocked groan. Jake remembers to tell him this time " I am applying gauze to the wound now." A garbled reply follows. The gauze is much less painful and yields no reply. For now, the bleeding on his abdomen seems staunched. As Jake finishes work on the cut Jake take a look at the wrist, frowning.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 11:21:18 pm »

Jake reassured Viny, telling him that he's seen worse and that he's a lucky man. He puts something strong in between viny's teeth to stop him biting his tongue then starts straightening out the wrist carefully, warning Viny first and making sure not to tear any veins or arteries if possible and then properly binding it to a splint of some kind once the bones were set, making sure that blood was flowing into his hand properly. Then he set Viny's jawbone back into place and tried to find some kind of wire to hold it in place if possible, or just a bandage around the jaw and going over the head if required to hold it in place.

EDIT: Forgot something important.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:34:37 pm by Zako »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 11:52:41 pm »

"It's okay Viny." Jake says attempting and failing at a smile "I've seen worse. You'll live." Viny replies with a scared stare. Jake lets out a slow breath and looks about for something like a splint. Jake can't find anything until he remembers that his tent uses with poles. Taking one of two tent poles and ha;f a roll of cloth bandage from the trauma kit Jake whips up a splint that should hold for now. Jake thinks that will work as he breaks it down and takes a deep breath. " Okay Viny I'm going to apply this. But when I do I will need to straighten your wrist." Viny's eyes widen and he begins to moan again. Jake reaches for his wrist and begins to straighten it. Jake only gets a little done before Viny ends up pulling his arm away. Jake sighs and figures it will have to be done a little at a time. It is an hour and a half before the wrist looks like it is pointed in the right direction and a half hour beyond that before it is straight. Viny's eyes are half open when Jake finally installs the splint.

Jake looks to vinys face and says "Now I'm going to try to fix your jaw." Jake looks around, even venturing to look in vinys pack but finds no wire. Jake quickly sets the jaw and wraps his head with the rest of the roll of gauze before he can complain to much.

Jake lets out a long sigh having treated all of Viny's wounds that required immediate attention. As the sigh comes to a finish stars begin to form at the edge of Jake's vision and a very gripping desire to fall asleep comes over him.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2012, 11:55:24 pm »

He puts something strong in between viny's teeth to stop him biting his tongue

EDIT: Forgot something important.

Viny couldn't bite straight if he tried at that point.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 12:22:43 am »

(Hmm, not good. Hopefully it's not lack of air, as a chamber this big shouldn't run out of air anytime soon.)

OK, Viny should be alright for now. Right now, I reckon it's my concussion that's getting to me. Check to see if Viny has one as well, by seeing if he responds to pinching and asking him to move his feet and hands, which should see if he has a spinal injury. Then keep asking him simple questions and keep talking to him, as this will also keep myself awake. Jake then rips off two bits of cloth from Cassidie, folds them up into bundles and uses some water on each of them to get them damp. Then put one on the top of my head and the other on Viny, telling him not to move it. Then treat my head wound with disinfectant and seal it. Don't forget to call out for any others to respond to me, and take a rest with Viny for a bit before moving on slowly to check the other person.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jake stares off in space for a moment, his mind wandering before he comes to his senses. The pain medication coupled with his head injury might have been a bad idea. A soft moan from Viny snaps Jake out of his trance. Jake moves a hand behind Viny's head to check for injury that he can't see. Jake feels a small scrape but it doesn't seem to be dripping to much blood and isn't much of a worry. Jake decides to test viny's responses to make sure he doesn't have a spinal injury. The two worked out a system where Viny would make noise based on how well he could feel something by how loud he mumbled. After about thirty minutes the test showed that he had no nerve damage or spinal injury. Then Viny tested if he could move his hands, feet, toes, fingers, etc. Everything seemed to work fine save for the obvious. Jake asks Viny to kep talking to him. Viny through gritted teeth answers simple questions about his name, family, simple addition. Everything seems to check out and no signs point to a concussion in Viny.

Jake looks to Cassidie and tears off some cloth from her shirt, trying to get the cleanest cloth, not sullied by blood or bodily filth. Jake tears away at the shirt despite it's fine stitching ripping up her body and exposing her left breast covered by a red sports bra. From the shirt you get four pieces of usable cloth. Jake folds two of them into small bundles and decides to wet them but quits as he remembers that they were not carrying their own water because it would be to heavy. The group had planned on camping near streams and filtering it into water bottles. The only water they have is what is left in everyone's water bottles Jake realizes with rattling realization.

Jake decides to dampen the cloths from his water bottle but only very lightly and places them on the heads of him and Viny, warning him not to remove it.

Jake retreives the bottle of iodine and tincture again as well as a small bottle of hydrogen peroxide and begins to clean the head wound. Ten minutes pass before Jake seals the now clean wound.

Jake yells out " Does anyone else need help?!" The only answer is silence.

Jake lies down, careful not to fall asleep. He takes deep breaths and feels a small breeze. Puzzled Jake looks over to where it came from and sees the small dark hole, like a hungry half parted mouth looking back at him.

Cutting the rest short Jake sits up and moves over to the last person. He looks pretty bad at first glance. Nothing is bleeding to bad but his left eye is cut and emptied to a shriveled sack with small bits of broken glass and the smashed frame of broken glasses. Aside from that there is no bleeding or topical wounds. The person is unconcious.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:04:40 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Jake begins treatment immediately, using tweezers to remove every bit of glass and the frame of the glasses. He then disinfects the nasty wound and does his best to pack it and tape it shut in a makeshift eyepatch. He then also haves a good look for further injuries that he may have missed, checking internal organs and bones, as well as any head wounds, before heading back over to Viny for a rest. He tells Viny that if he falls asleep that he should wait for 15 minutes or so before waking him up and checking his mental state by asking him questions as well as if he responds to pinches and can move all his limbs. He asks Viny if he can find a mirror or something that can be used as one before having a rest.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile

rest while trying to figure out the situation (so lots of thinking)also look through backpack for my Red magnum with a chrome handle (all shiny)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:56:36 am by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jake pulls out the glass and mangled glasses frame out from the empty socket bit by bit. Only satisfied after about ten minutes of picking out small pieces that the eye was clean. He then uses a clean cloth with the iodine and disinfects the area before packing it with cotton balls from the medical kit and tapes it shut with medical tape making a makeshift eye patch. The whole activity takes about five minutes. After caring for the eye Jake thoroughly examines the person beginning at the head. A break in the scalps skin in the back of the head could be a sign of concussion but for now there is no way of telling since the person is out cold. Breathing and heart rate is normal. The abdomen has no injury beyond the small abrasions and scratches he's come to expect. The arms and legs have no bleeding wounds. The foot is facing an odd way but you can't tell because a boot covers the ankle. Taking off the boot your suspisions are confirmed. It looks like their ankle is sprained or possibly broken. No other wounds are apparent.

Jake relays to Viny that he is going to rest but needs him to wake him up every fifteen minutes and make sure his mental state hasn't decayed. Viny agrees. Jake also asks Viny to try and find a mirror or something to see a reflection in before he rests. Viny also complies to this request.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Viny lies back against a hard dirt wall and lets out a sigh. While he does this his mind is working. Working to try and piece together what happened. "Okay. The day began normal enough. Andy was up first and had a camp stove lit before anyone else. Everyone else sort of woke up around the same time after him. Everyone fixed a light breakfast and bullshitted for about an hour before dropping our tents. After that the crew began to hike. We were following Andy so no one really knew where we were except for him. It was mid noon an we were walking in this dry rocky sort of area. I think I was trying to remember that thing that Cassidie said earlier that morning. Then the ground gave way... Fuck fuck fuck fuck. Okay so what is a way out of this. Didn't those rangers say something about a SAT phone or something? I can't remember. Agh this hurts! I need to get out of this! Oh! I think it's been fifteen minutes."

Viny wakes up Jake and runs him through the questions. Jake passes out again.

Viny decides to try and find the mirror and also to grab his .44 mag. He first grabs his gun knowing where it is in his pack near the top. Without thinking he checks the wheel. 5 bullets. "It did go off. Huh."

The pistol was the first thing Viny bought when he agreed to head to Alaska. Originally it was black painted with moderate wear and a varnished cherry grip. That wasn't going to fly. Viny paid the extra 500 dollars to get it repainted and have a polished chrome grip installed and bought a pack of steel bullets which he left at home except the 5 in the gun now. He also paid an extra 100 to have SCRATCH engraved along the barrel in cursive.

Viny sets the pistol down next to him and begins looking for that mirror. No luck in his pack... or Jakes... Viny finally strikes home after emptying three packs and ending up on Cassidies. Her compact mirror with a mirror on the top and blush on the bottom. As he opens the black hard plastic case he is greeted by a gritty blood and dust covered caricature of how he remembers himself. Cream skin, white teeth, and a buzz cut is replaced by gashed and blood pocked skin, red stained teeth with an obviously broken jaw, and well I guess the buzzcut hasn't changed. The whole activity takes 45 minutes. Jakes crawls over to his original position and wakes Jake up for one last time before resting.

Without a task to occupy himself Viny's mind begins to wander and the fear of no escape begins to wash over him. Viny cries silently for a few minutes before falling asleep.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:25:30 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about the slow updates today. Didn't have access to computer or phone for most of the time.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rabbit Hole (A (gruesome) game) Still needs a 3rd player!
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 12:27:59 pm »

Grrr. I want a third player.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2012, 01:40:26 pm »

Also small note, if I'm not online and you two want to RP. Have your characters converse. I promise I won't retcon anything as long as it isn't to strange or out of character. The more you two talk and develop comradery the better you can work together and the less your mental health will suffer. Talk about anything really. Although remember, if you lived in LA your whole life, are Puerto Rican, had no contact with anyone outside your race, and never went to college, you probably don't know how to speak Milanese. If you introduce a skill, personality trait, or talent please explain it with a story that makes sense. Most skills are developed from long worked professions and most personality traits are from life events a talent is something you have a natural inclination toward (usually related to personality traits). Be conservative with what you reveal and conservative with what you add. Some things are best left discovered. Character development is very much a thing in this game but it shouldn't happen overnight. Getting in fights can be just as good at relieving frustration as being buddies and no two people are always buddies. And if someone doesn't start a fight every now and again, I will, and if the fight gets worked out the very next turn someone's pent up frustration is going to cause a stupid accident. Right now, however, you guys are just jostled and happy to be alive and have someone to share life with.

Talking is very human and eases all sorts of pains.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:51:04 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2012, 04:21:17 pm »

Oh. And an afterthought (again, heh). Realistic fears, addictions, crutches, habits, secret orientations or prejudices, vices, and allergies will earn you brownie points. Again, don't go overboard with these. No allergies to gluten or anything crazy like that. Or if you do have an allergic reaction it shouldn't be debilitating. Think more lactose intolerant and not an allergy to bees that will kill you if you don't have your epipen. And a second time in this post, be conservative, the characters should still be fun to play.

As far as prejudices go, the prejudice should be very mild. You are both from fairly forward thinking places so no sexism or racism.

These should be revealed in conversation too. Please don't just start the conversation with "I'm addicted to cocaine." either. Aloof, fellas.

I posted a lot. Sorry for the wall of text. Hopefully it doesn't collapse.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:48:46 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile

So the things about my char that's not in yet I can add through conversation?
If this was really happening I would be scared so much.
Wake up Jake and pass him the magnum, and point at the handle(he wanted something for a mirror)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:04:10 pm by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16