Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: The Rabbit Hole (A (gruesome) game) - 1 deceased.  (Read 29491 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
The Rabbit Hole (A (gruesome) game) - 1 deceased.
« on: February 22, 2012, 03:09:36 am »

Alaska in summer is generally two things hot or wet and rarely little else, Denali National Park, however, is a blatent exception. The only constant seems to be that the weather is continually changing, but apparently that isn't the only thing that changes constantly here. The landscape must change often, because the map says that you are trompsing through a lake however the aparent lack of fifteen feet of water seems to argue with that.

A few weeks earlier talked five of your friends into a trip up here for summer to try and escape the Arizona rays in mid July and much to your surprise it worked.  Fifteen thousand dollars later and you have a  fourteen day backpacking trip through the national park. You all arrived at the main cabin three weeks after you aproached your friends about it and everyone seems pretty excited. Everyone, it seems went out to their local outfitter and bought a number of things, some expecting snow, it looks like, while others were expecting a 110 degree forecast. You spend a day at the main cabin listening to guides talk you up and down about bears, wolverines, wolves, and even moose. One of your friends takes you aside and shows you a pistol he had brought along, saying if a bear attacked it would be no trouble. You shrug it off thinking "Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess."

Two days have passed since then and now you are well on your way and making good time. Really good time in fact, despite odd conditions and a faulty map you should reach your destination in a week tops. So that gives you the idea to suggest a little exploring. "A vearing off course so to speak" you say. You should sell cars you think because everyone liked the idea as well.

You lead your friends through a drained lake bed making idle chatter about ghost stories and this or that when you feel the cold unsettling sensation of picking up ones foot to climb another step when one is at the top of the stairs. Before you can put this together the ground gives way beneath you.

There are no open character slots at the moment.

Name and sex:?

Background:?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:51:03 am by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: The Rabbit Hole (A (gruesome) game)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 03:14:24 am »

I'm in

Lemme write it up il be awhile, on a tablet

Also what's the background limit? I might put in something alien, if not, eh
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:16:30 am by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 03:17:13 am »

Alien? What do you mean?

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 03:20:01 am »

Ummm.... either, I'm an alien on a vacation on a small planet in the orion arm. Or I study alien technology I have found

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 03:24:48 am »

Ummm.... either, I'm an alien on a vacation on a small planet in the orion arm. Or I study alien technology I have found

That is... Different. Nope. For now you are aperson with a backpack and a killer headache. Your background dictates your personallity, skills in certian things, and how you will react to certian situations. For example if you were a claustrophobe who lived in Tibet for ten years you might be in the fetal position in your happy place which happens to be little house in sunny late morning Tibet, watchings monks wash the temple floor in their bright orange robes. It can be detailed but please nothing wierd, jokial, or overpowered.

All the same I like your creativity.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:35:57 am by Gotdamnmiracle »

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 03:33:41 am »

Okie dokie lokie!

Name: Vinyl Scratch

Background:

He grew up in a hotel in Manehattan after his birthparents left him and foster parents raised him. His mother was a DJ and he has talent in DJing. No name or birth certificate so people just call him Vinyl. With his alone time and constant exposure to technology, he is very inventive and has skills with building or fixing technology. In his child years his father was attacked and killed (D:) in a gang attack when they were going on a trip to a consert and now he has a fear of spiders (they had spider masks).

Personality: Optomistic, Easy to laugh, not to brave, nearly always happ

Fears: Spiders, Xenomorphs(all dark and creepy), big things dripping with blood.

Skills: humor, creating stuff, making music, stealth.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:40:50 pm by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 03:41:37 am »

The year is 1998 in this thread, by the way.

And just a little reminder to everyone. For every psychopath named Ziggy Stardust there are about a billion more people who are accountants or waitress named John or Jane Smith in the world. Jusayin'.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 03:47:57 am »

Oh, back to editing.

Rip goat, more loli

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 04:04:01 am »

Alright, I'll bite. Here's my character.

What system are we going to be using exactly? Dice rolls? Straight up RPing?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 04:07:42 am »

Rping for the most part dice rolls only on any combat but even then that is fairly Rp intensive. However I may roll to see how long an activity may take, but even if you roll a perfect 20, you aren't going to start a fire if you have a broken arm. Probably.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:18:34 am by Gotdamnmiracle »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 04:16:29 am »

Jake wakes up to the noise of rushing water, a killer headache, and a dry crusty mouth. The first thing you notice is you can't see a thing. The second thing is the noise you hear is probably due to a head injury. You try to sit up but crumble back to the ground when you do. Intense pain in your abdomen makes you puke a little in your mouth and almost black out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 05:38:56 am »

PTW!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 08:17:49 am »

PTW!

Wat. What does that mean?

Jake carefully checks his body with his hands, starting from his head down to his feet, trying not to move too much. Intense pain is generally not a good sign.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 08:20:41 am »

PTW=Posting to watch

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 08:40:45 am »

Jake moves his arm to his head but halfway there is met with the abdomen pain and it stops him cold. Jake decides to begin at the bottom instead. With shaking sticky hands Jake slowly checks his self starting at his legs making sure not to bend over but bringing his legs to his hands. Aside from what feels like a nasty abrasion on his left hip nothing on his lower body is a problem. With a small nod Jake notes that his legs work fine as his hands move up to his abdomen. Almost immediately Jake is met with that pain while probing his organs but after checking each place Jake pinpoints the problem isn't in his guts but in his ribs. A curse word slips through his lips as he lightly feels his ribs. From what he can deduce he has three cracked ribs and one that is broken. He decides not to mess with the broken rib to much at this point because he wants to stay concious. His hands slowly move up while bringing his head down careful not to have a repeat of the first attempt. Jake has both his eyes intact and uninjured (as far as he can tell), a broken nose (pointed off to the right), a tongue and no missing teeth, both ears, and no gashes along the neck or throat. Along his forehead he feels a large gash, probably where a rock hit. Jake feels each arm and counts all ten fingers and no major problems with either arm aside from scrapes along the uncovered forearms. At the moment Jake is losing blood but feels nothing that won't clot on it's own. The loss of counciousness and puking may be less because of shock and more likely because you have a concussion.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 08:59:47 am by Gotdamnmiracle »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16