Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Dolphins as Non-Human Persons; or Viva la Cetalucean!  (Read 45351 times)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dolphins as Non-Human Persons; or Viva la Cetalucean!
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2012, 11:36:48 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:12:29 am by Ogdibus »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2012, 11:44:53 pm »

I instead judge others by their actions and intentions, as those two things are always present, regardless of what species they belong to, or their level of intelligence. It's why I'm a supporter of cannibalism, and why the "Hurr durr humanz are better than everything else becuz we are" attitude I see so often can shift my mood from placid to pissed off in an incredibly short amount of time.=

Other issues with your posts aside, do you not see the issue here? Humans by far have the most complex actions and intentions. And why?

Well.

Becuz we do. (Actually because we outnumber other species. Edit: With the only exception that springs to mind of that ant colony, but each part is so simple in that.)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:48:48 pm by Criptfeind »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2012, 11:52:31 pm »

Wow, this thing has gone to interesting places.
It's why I'm a supporter of cannibalism
Seriously, we just got an endorsement of cannibalism, anybody want to come out next and say we should give certain minerals more human rights?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2012, 11:55:19 pm »

I think we all know the evils pushed upon Corundum need to be stopped.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2012, 01:45:41 am »

I instead judge others by their actions and intentions, as those two things are always present, regardless of what species they belong to, or their level of intelligence. It's why I'm a supporter of cannibalism, and why the "Hurr durr humanz are better than everything else becuz we are" attitude I see so often can shift my mood from placid to pissed off in an incredibly short amount of time.=

Other issues with your posts aside, do you not see the issue here? Humans by far have the most complex actions and intentions. And why?

Well.

Becuz we do. (Actually because we outnumber other species. Edit: With the only exception that springs to mind of that ant colony, but each part is so simple in that.)

By all means, please don't hesitate to point out these issues. I can't correct what I'm not aware of.

Of course humans are complex. I don't disagree with that. What I do disagree with, is people using that as an excuse to treat everything else like shit. That arrogance that makes people think that solely because of this higher complexity, a human life is by default more important than any other. That, is what pisses me off.

Wow, this thing has gone to interesting places.
It's why I'm a supporter of cannibalism
Seriously, we just got an endorsement of cannibalism, anybody want to come out next and say we should give certain minerals more human rights?

Done right, I think cannibalism could be quite useful to humanity, once you get over that whole morally unacceptable view of it.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2012, 01:51:43 am »

Supports cannibalism.
Seeks to protect animal rights.

Dear Armok, we have an elf among us!
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2012, 02:06:03 am »

Oh, don't be silly. I don't try to protect the rights anyone. In fact, I find the very idea of rights of your own life being some sort of gift that must be given to you by an external entity to be despicable, which is why I'm also a supporter of anarchism. What I do seek to do, is make life in every form more balanced, responsible, and ever so slightly less fucking stupid.

And really, just think about it, cannibalism could be a great and productive alternative to funerals and cremations. Just because you devour human meat, doesn't automatically mean you'll go around gnawing on everyone you come across, which is what most people seem to assume when the subject comes up.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2012, 02:08:46 am »

Not a theist, therefore... Anarchist? You haven't thought about this very much, have you?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2012, 02:11:07 am »

Creutzfeldt-Jakob and similar diseases seem like perfectly good reasons to avoid cannibalism to me.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2012, 02:12:17 am »

Shhh!!!
I wanted to see how far we could get on philosophical arguments alone!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2012, 02:14:20 am »

I'm no great shakes at philosophy :P
Sorry.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2012, 02:25:54 am »

Not a theist, therefore... Anarchist? You haven't thought about this very much, have you?

I've thought about it immense amount, actually. Just never been very good at elaborating it. I was referring more to organizations and other humans, rather than divine beings and the like.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2012, 03:13:50 am »

Do you have statistics to prove dolphins are more likely to engage in rape and murder, and how does that account for factors such as poverty and other social influences? You could very well be labeling dolphins unfairly due to the pre-tribal culture they grow up in.

I'll admit, I laughed pretty hard at this.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2012, 03:20:08 am »

It's funny because it's TRUE!

We need to teach these poor dolphins the error of their barbaric ways, and give them our culture and beliefs to straighten them out. Once they're like us, they'll be better.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15