Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Dolphins as Non-Human Persons; or Viva la Cetalucean!  (Read 45344 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Dolphins as Non-Human Persons; or Viva la Cetalucean!
« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2012, 05:06:29 pm »

If we can communicate with dolphins, I wonder if I will be able to negotiate with some of them to purchase the flesh of others.

This is waaay late, but that humans = fire-type is actually really accurate. We dp seem able to wreck forests and other grassy stuff.
But some forests require fires to continue existing.

Yes; it's more like we use fire to harness the chemical energy trapped in the veins of the earth to power our metal machine monsters. Ancient man is a creature balanced between nomadism and agriculture, at the mercy of the elements. Modern man is a master of the elements and among them fire his greatest tool and servant.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2012, 05:08:54 pm »

This is waaay late, but that humans = fire-type is actually really accurate. We dp seem able to wreck forests and other grassy stuff.
I think humans are probably more accurately a Fighting-Steel crosstype.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2012, 05:38:56 pm »

What about Amerindians or Eskimos or Aborigines or Tibetan monks? Are they excluded from elemental classifications of humanity? They'd probably be Grass-Psychic or something similar ;P
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2012, 09:49:15 pm »

The mayas practiced extensive slash and burn agriculture, iirc. In a national geographic magazine they discussed that it might be behind their collapse
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 07, 2012, 11:59:37 am »

My dog has a taste of everything, collects fir items exclusively, leaves anything else out.
She stays when i listen to blues and runs away as soon as she hears even a tidbit of Gorjira, Vilhjarta or Meshuggah.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2012, 04:03:58 pm »

What about Amerindians or Eskimos or Aborigines or Tibetan monks? Are they excluded from elemental classifications of humanity? They'd probably be Grass-Psychic or something similar ;P
The mayas practiced extensive slash and burn agriculture, iirc. In a national geographic magazine they discussed that it might be behind their collapse
My dog has a taste of everything, collects fir items exclusively, leaves anything else out.
She stays when i listen to blues and runs away as soon as she hears even a tidbit of Gorjira, Vilhjarta or Meshuggah.

These are three consecutive posts in the same topic.

If you don't mind me, I will now begin vigorously questioning the concept of sanity.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2012, 04:14:13 pm »

These are three consecutive posts in the same topic.

If you don't mind me, I will now begin vigorously questioning the concept of sanity.

Sanity is the act of taking actions deemed logically sound and acceptable - rather sanity being the form of insanity we have universally agreed as being sane.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 08, 2012, 05:18:08 pm »

I'm not asking for it, I'm questioning (thesaurus: doubting, wondering about) it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2012, 05:19:40 pm »

I'm not asking for it, I'm questioning (thesaurus: doubting, wondering about) it.
As was I ^-^
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]