Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: resuming world gen  (Read 1440 times)

windo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
resuming world gen
« on: February 29, 2012, 01:13:49 am »

I'm sure it's been suggested already, but how about resuming world gen after doing some adventures/forts? The idea would be to be sort of like a god watching over your world interfering when there is a need.

For example, you could choose your pet civilization and play adventurers to kill their enemies every 10 years.

OFC it would be cooler with other missing stuff as well, like your forts really becoming part of the world, ability to play other civs "forts", possibly an interface to hand out divine curses/blesses in between world gen steps, stuff like that.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: resuming world gen
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 02:15:01 am »

Been suggested many times (expect Footkerchief to come along with all the thread links), and i think it's already planned (or at least most of that).
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: resuming world gen
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:42:03 am »

I'm sure it's been suggested already, but how about resuming world gen after doing some adventures/forts? The idea would be to be sort of like a god watching over your world interfering when there is a need.

This would implode your CPU.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.