Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: IndieRoyale Alpha Bundle  (Read 10398 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: IndieRoyale Alpha Bundle
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 12:41:25 pm »

These games caught my attention a good while ago, and since I'm almost at overkill level with Terraria, I might switch over to these games next. I hope my 10 bucks helps.

As for 3079, I think if you want to build things (like bridges, walls, platforms), unlike Minecraft, you require tools or at least a multi-tool fabricator to build with, but unlike Minecraft as well, it would essentially be like a nanite constructor, so it carries a consistent scheme to it, and won't become a full-on Minecraft-alike. We can also look to other shooters for more inspirations of what else can be done to improve the game, but I'll have to play it before I can really suggest anything else.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 12:50:56 pm »

Probably going to pick it up for Towns, though Wyv and Keep may be interesting.

3079 looks... bland. It may just be an unfairly generic description coupled with an astonishingly bland screenshot, but I see nothing on the Indie Royale preview page that would motivate a sale. Insofar as I can tell, it's like running Minecraft with a gun mod and no building. Phr00t may want to try to get that page revamped into something more interesting if he/she/it wants to bring in some sales.

3079 developer here. Sorry if you think it looks bland :( I'm continuously working on the graphics, and there is building in 3079. I'll see if I can get an update to the description.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 01:54:05 pm »

Just a question for the towns guys, does buying the bundle give access to future versions? and if so how do we get them, will the version up for download from the bundle page be updated?

It looks like it's access only to the alpha's, not anything beyond that.

where did you see that? buying through the bundle give access to any future versions of the game.

"Download access to all current/future alpha builds."
That's exactly what it says.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 02:03:13 pm »

3079 developer here. Sorry if you think it looks bland :( I'm continuously working on the graphics, and there is building in 3079. I'll see if I can get an update to the description.
I took a look at the preview videos. 3079 actually looks pretty neat now that I've seen the game in motion. My critique was mainly aimed at the IR preview page which I can now confirm to have been pleasantly non-representative of the actual product. Sorry about abusing your product.
... and then it explodes!

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 02:07:20 pm »

I took a look at the preview videos. 3079 actually looks pretty neat now that I've seen the game in motion. My critique was mainly aimed at the IR preview page which I can now confirm to have been pleasantly non-representative of the actual product. Sorry about abusing your product.

I added a bit more "story" to the IR preview page. What else do you think it may be missing that should be added? I'd like it to represent the game as much as possible! I'm also glad you gave the game a more in-depth look :)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 02:14:59 pm »

You know, I'd thought IndieRoyale had been doing worse and worse, but then they bring this out. Awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 02:23:42 pm »

Wow I'm amazed to see such great reception! KUDOS GUYS!

Poysky Productions

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 02:47:52 pm »

Very nice. Think I'll chip in $20 considering some of the devs are pretty close to the community. I just got a PS Vita the other day, and realized most PSP games still cost at least that much or more... Puts these bundles in perspective a bit.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 03:36:29 pm »

Hey Haschel, if you have dungeon alliance let me know and we could play :D I bought a vita yesterday :D
Poysky Productions

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 04:24:50 pm »

This has significantly raised my faith in the IR.  Gonna toss £20 into the pot in a tick :)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 04:47:52 pm »

@phr00t It turns out that much of the problem was my script blockers. Since I had the IR domain unblocked, it didn't occur to me that there may be embedded video in the description pages that I wasn't seeing (off-site hosting needs a separate unblocking). This meant that when I went to your project's description page in place of the rather snappy trailer was a blurry frame from around 1:17 in the trailer that's apparently a normally hidden part of the page background. That particular frame is dark, features no creatures and only has a few tree-like structures in the distance by way of features. Thus my first (hugely unfair) impression was of an unbelievably lazy Minecraft rip-off with a bit of FPS mixed in that wasn't even trying to sell itself as anything better than that.

I'm deeply embarrassed about this whole exchange.  :-[
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:53:28 pm by HLBeta »
... and then it explodes!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 04:49:16 pm »

This would have been an insta-buy for me, but it's unfortunately not based in the US (apparently). My bank blocked my card the last time I tried to buy an IndieRoyale bundle.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 04:50:10 pm »

Works fine for my bank.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 04:51:52 pm »

@phr00t It turns out that much of the problem was my script blockers. Since I had the IR domain unblocked, it didn't occur to me that there may be embedded video in the description pages that I wasn't seeing (off-site hosting needs a separate unblocking). This meant that when I went to your project's description page in place of the rather snappy trailer was a an artifact-laden screenshot of the player looking out over an open field at night with some lollypop-shaped silhouettes in the distance that's apparently a normally hidden part of the page background.

I'm deeply embarrassed about this whole exchange.  :-[

I was a bit confused when you mentioned the "screenshot"  :P Glad to know the video helps!

This would have been an insta-buy for me, but it's unfortunately not based in the US (apparently). My bank blocked my card the last time I tried to buy an IndieRoyale bundle.

That is very odd... you can try contacting your bank to see why it is blocked.  :-\

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 06:17:37 pm »

Wyv and Keep may not be my cup of chocolate, but I might dance with the other two some time.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5