Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: @@@ Pokemon Fables: Viridian Forest 04-01-12 @@@  (Read 45198 times)

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
Re: @@@ Pokemon Fables: Viridian Forest 04-01-12 @@@
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2012, 10:00:11 pm »

Put up a brief bugfix. The main thing is that Slowpokes are now "milkable!" Milking them will produce "slowpoke tail goo," which is an edible item that will severely modify your dwarves' mental states. It'll raise some mental stats, lower others, and give them a dizzying euphoria for about a week. Go down to the caverns and get yourself some Slowpoke tail!

I also did a rehaul of the typing system. The only effects you'll be able to notice for now is that the Bulbasaur family's vines are integrated into the weakness/resistance system, and weaknesses and resistances are of lesser magnitude. I also solved some minor type inaccuracies here and there.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:39:36 pm by Old Greg »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2012, 06:10:06 pm »

In light of a total absence of support or enthusiasm, i am sorry to say that this project is likely to fade into obscurity and disrepair. As disappointing as that is, I'm glad it lasted while it did. Here is one more set of pokemon:

Mankey and Primeape

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2012, 06:06:45 pm »

This is interesting, I may do Aerodactyl if I find the time.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2012, 04:18:59 pm »

In light of a total absence of support or enthusiasm, i am sorry to say that this project is likely to fade into obscurity and disrepair. As disappointing as that is, I'm glad it lasted while it did. Here is one more set of pokemon:

Mankey and Primeape

I am very interested in this mod, and I have a few ideas too.  However my ideas are not possible in the current version of DF.  I have thought out a "pokeball" creature, and an interaction that revives a "fainted pokemon" corpse and then turns it into a "pokeball" creature for six ticks, while it blinks, but there is not currently a way to tame the pokemon that is caught that way.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2012, 04:12:12 pm »

This thing looks totally sweet! I'm so going to check it out when the next DF version's out.  :) Hope more pokes can make it in!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2012, 09:58:14 am »

Sorry to necro this, It just came out in my search function looking for a good explaination for how Layer_Size and Layer_Permit work.

And I was like "Hey I wonder if they know how to do the evolution stages by playing "tennis" interactions."

Plus this looked like a really good mod, hate to see if die forever.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:28:10 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2012, 10:14:14 am »

Yeah dudes, keep going! It looks really cool!  :D

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2012, 10:56:15 am »

Just a template of how Tennis evolving would work:
Of course there would be stages before the evolution
stage 1-4 gives stage 5
stage 5 then gives the Evolve to lvl 2
and the transformed evolution has the next set of stages.
Like how I explained before only the final evolution is perm.

Also that Pokeball idea would work, resurrects and transforms into a small pokeball creature that is IMMOBILE

You can then pasture the pokeball somewhere, dragging it out of danger so the pokemon can come back.
NOTE: this works on evolved pokemon too.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2012, 11:58:50 am »

Aww, I see you've already made most of the pokes I've made.  Well, here's my contribution anyway:

Jynx, Snorlax, and Mewtwo.

The style you use might be different than mine, so keep an eye out for any editing (I made the 'baby' forms simply their child names).
Mewtwo should probably be strengthened quite a bit.  The psychic attack is appropriately nasty in effect but Mewtwos tend to be about evenly matched against minotaurs in the arena, which just shouldn't be (seems about reasonable for, say, Alakazam or something).  Also you might want to find a way to make it 'artificial' somehow...
BTW, have you considered using [SPHERE]s?  Its effect is minor for non-megabeasts, but it does affect creature names which can wind up being amazingly appropriate.  I actually ran into a Jynx named 'Lovelykiss' once.

The creatures:

The interactions:

Some other ideas that you might like:
Make slowpoke sap brewable into a stronger drug.  I enjoyed getting my dorfs 'stoned on slowpoke'  :D
Make Magikarp evolve by abusing it constantly without killing it, but cause it to turn against you when that happens.  Make-your-own-megabeast!  Also make Magikarp lack [SWIMS_INNATE] so that it flounders in the water constantly.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2012, 06:00:21 pm »

Hey bros! :D Any chance of reviving this prestigious project? :D

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2012, 08:14:47 pm »

Chance? Yes. Probability? No, not in anything close to the near future anyway. Note that I do not speak for Old Greg here. I did give my blessing to somebody else who wanted to continue the project, but regrettably I've heard nothing from them since.

And somehow, I don't think we made it far enough to qualify as "prestigious" :P

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2012, 10:19:24 pm »

Oh man this is so cool. Definitely giving it a try! I've always been a huge pokemon fan so this is perfect.
Gonna give it a try with Vanilla, and if that goes well, I'm gonna mix it in with Masterwork.
Are you staying with the original 151, or going into other generations? Are you gonna add a new civilization like Team Rocket or anything like that? Are you gonna have wild pokemon roam the map/caverns?
One small nitpick, in the current features spoiler, shouldn't it say "-Brewable berries that can heal your dwarves/pokemon" rather than "-Brewable berries that can heal your berries"?

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2012, 02:04:13 am »

Chance? Yes. Probability? No, not in anything close to the near future anyway. Note that I do not speak for Old Greg here. I did give my blessing to somebody else who wanted to continue the project, but regrettably I've heard nothing from them since.

And somehow, I don't think we made it far enough to qualify as "prestigious" :P
Sorry about that Monk. I didn't ask for permission so I could steal it. I meant to work on it, life got in the way and I stopped modding DF in general :/
'ere the Chias get hungry...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2012, 08:19:07 pm »

No, no, I didn't think you stole the idea and ran with it. You just fell prey to the same demons I have.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2013, 09:20:48 pm »

disregard this ><
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:01:50 am by Zavvnao »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]