Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: @@@ Pokemon Fables: Viridian Forest 04-01-12 @@@  (Read 45277 times)

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
Re: @@@ Pokemon Fables: Pallet Town release 02-24-12 @@@
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 02:43:21 am »

Fort mode is up! CHECK IT

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 06:37:11 am »

My first embark wll be on
a volcano, and my fort will be patterned after Team
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 06:48:24 am »

Is there any tag that causes regeneration? Because you could use that fo a Pokemon Center.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 07:39:37 am »

hmm maybe fort mode and adventure mode can be merge together if you make it so that each pokemon live in different entities. that way Dorfs can capture and train them when they raid, and adventurers can recruit them?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 09:23:46 am »

If I were going to subdivide the pokemon, I would do it by egg types.

Also, this is low-tech pokemon -- the 'pokemon center' is a hospital.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 10:08:33 am »

Is there any tag that causes regeneration? Because you could use that fo a Pokemon Center.
The only thing that would allow this would be a transformation that turns a pokémon into, say, a pokéball for 10 frames or so. The problem with that is that they'd lose everything they were wearing or holding at the time.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 12:10:16 pm »

For some reason, I can't embark with any Squirtles. The others do just fine. Also, how long does evolving take?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 12:16:33 pm »

A inhaled syndome that gives a %5000 boost to RECUPERATION will give super healing.

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2012, 01:10:56 pm »

Hoo boy! Lots of things.

My first embark wll be on
a volcano, and my fort will be patterned after Team
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Awesome. Let me know how it goes!

The only thing that would allow this would be a transformation that turns a pokémon into, say, a pokéball for 10 frames or so. The problem with that is that they'd lose everything they were wearing or holding at the time.

The real problem with that "complete heal" mechanic is that it's mutually exclusive with the evolution mechanics. When I do make a Pokemon center, it'll be more along the lines of Hugo's version.

hmm maybe fort mode and adventure mode can be merge together if you make it so that each pokemon live in different entities. that way Dorfs can capture and train them when they raid, and adventurers can recruit them?

IIRC, adventurers can already recruit (some of) them in Monk's version. And Pokemon will either show up randomly on your embark tiles, just like other animals, or they'll besiege you if they're megabeasts.

If I were going to subdivide the pokemon, I would do it by egg types.

They problem with working in egg types is that all those Pokemon would have to be in the same caste. Some tokens, like USE_MATERIAL, and the ones that decide how rare a Poke is or what Biomes they show up in, don't work at the caste level, and they can't be the same for the entire "monster" egg group. So for now, unfortunately, breeding can only happen within the same species.

For some reason, I can't embark with any Squirtles. The others do just fine. Also, how long does evolving take?

I'll look into that problem. It may just be a random quirk, if your civ doesn't have access to them yet, but ideally that shouldn't happen, at least with Dwarves.
Evolution (currently only for Charmanders) should take a little over half a year to get to Charmeleon, and another year and a half to get to Charizard. Let me know if that's not happening.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: @@@ Pokemon Fables: Now with Fort Mode 03-02-12 @@@
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2012, 01:26:36 pm »

How is your evolution system set up? Did you managed to get some sort of interaction to interaction thing going? Or did you just set it for a timer for now?

This is what Meph has in his healing syndrome  [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:5000:0:START:0:END:65]

this should help with making a 1x1 workshop that can be placed in hospitals to use a item that would boil at room temp giving a %chance to speed healing
Ref is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.msg3045791#msg3045791 I'm sure you can ask him for permission to use it.
That is if you choose to use it ;)

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2012, 01:31:20 pm »

How is your evolution system set up? Did you managed to get some sort of interaction to interaction thing going? Or did you just set it for a timer for now?

This is what Meph has in his healing syndrome  [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:5000:0:START:0:END:65]

this should help with making a 1x1 workshop that can be placed in hospitals to use a item that would boil at room temp giving a %chance to speed healing
Ref is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.msg3045791#msg3045791 I'm sure you can ask him for permission to use it.
That is if you choose to use it ;)

I'll definitely use that, maybe even in the next release. Thanks!

As for evolution, I, unfortunately, determined that the AI will refuse to use any interaction that targets itself along with USAGE_HINT:ATTACK, even if there are other simultaneous effects that target the enemy. Annoying. So yeah, it's just on a timer right now.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2012, 02:05:11 pm »

Darn I hate when a good idea has to be put on hold due to DF limits. Which means Pokemon can evolve by sitting around :/ could not Bulbosaur's leech seed be modified for the original idea? or is it bugged as well?

Anyways great work :)

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2012, 02:59:18 pm »

Thanks Hugo! Yeah, leech seed is a bit uncooperative right now, but the main effect of it is working as intended.

Issued a quick bug-fix. Squirtles should now be available at embark (thanks for catching that tahujdt), and Bulbasaurs now have a petvalue :P

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2012, 03:00:27 pm »

I would like to contribute to this mod somehow, because I think it's fucking amazing.

Are you only working on the 151 pokemon at the moment? Because I've already got a reasonable idea on how to create a Deoxys...
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2012, 03:09:09 pm »

Hey, never gonna turn down help :)

Our priorities right now are the original 151, but if you have a good idea for Deoxys, we certainly wouldn't turn it down!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11