Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need some help modding dogs to become roaming murder factories.  (Read 2166 times)

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!

Got a community fortress I want to start up soon, and I need to have dogs be able to walk on two legs, carry weapons, and build dark fortresses, and generally just fuck shit up. I don't trust myself to do this in the raws without an idea of what I have to do. The dogs need to be intelligent, able to speak, and capable of opening doors, as well.
Regards,
Dampe

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I need some help modding dogs to become roaming murder factories.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 06:42:51 pm »

So, what, you want them to be both wandering monsters spawning on all biomes as well as an entity of invaders like goblins already are?

dudlol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 06:52:26 pm »

Copy the goblin raws into another entity, but replace the goblins with dogs. That'll get you dog ambushes and snatchers and sieges (modify tags as desired to remove bits of that you don't like, and remove their weapons/Armour if you want them to be more... doglike).

As far as a murder creature goes, remove pet and creature domestic and all the happy flower time tags from them, make them biome all (if they aren't already) and add stuff like building destroyer and likes fighting (and whichever tag makes them become enraged).

Aaaaaand, fail, sorry. Copy goblin raws to dog raws, change all the appearance fluff back to dog stuff (including size, body parts, coloration and all that) and bing, roaming dogs that murder everyone. Add [ANY_LAND] so they roam everywhere and merc everyone. Following this, possibly create a duplicate dog raw with a different name, remove it's biome tag, and duplicate the goblin entity raws but replace all the references to goblins to the second set of dogs. That should, in theory, result in dogs just roaming around messing stuff up (and showing up at your fort as regular animals that just want to murder you if you come near them) and also organized groups of dogs creating fortresses and actually ambushing and sending sieges. Bonus points for if the dog civilization dies they will still show up at your fort and ruin your day.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:26:26 pm by dudlol »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 06:53:49 pm »

You'll also need to add the [INTELLIGENT] token to dogs, as well as alter their body tokens so that they have [GRASP] parts and whatnot.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 06:54:27 pm »

If this is for the new version, [NO_FEAR] is pretty crucial for making sure they don't run anyway from everything. [NO_PAIN] never hurts.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 10:09:25 am »

so...aggressive kobolds?

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 01:33:15 pm »

Is there anything I have to do to make it so that they can grasp weapons, or are paws fine for that?
Also, do I have to change anything so that dogs can't be brought along on embark?
Regards,
Dampe

MoonMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 07:12:26 pm »

More cloth questions. Is there a way to make sure a reaction only uses a specific category (silk/cotton/wool) of thread? These two reagents are supposed to be silk and cotton respectively but they just end up taking any thread.

[REAGENT:A:15000:THREAD:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:NONE:SILK]
[REAGENT:A:15000:THREAD:NONE:PLANT_MAT:NONE:THREAD]

edit: woops, don't know how that got posted in this thread, sry.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 07:14:05 pm by MoonMan »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 07:14:18 pm »

"Just some creature" material isn't a valid option. Leave the material slots empty and use an ANY_PLANT/SILK/YARN_MATERIAL tag instead.

jax3639

• Bay Watcher
  • [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_BARE_HANDS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 07:58:54 pm »

Is there anything I have to do to make it so that they can grasp weapons, or are paws fine for that?
Also, do I have to change anything so that dogs can't be brought along on embark?

first)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

second) remove: [COMMON_DOMESTIC] and maybe [PET] as well

You might also wish to add [NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:5] and/or [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:5]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 08:04:00 pm by jax3639 »
The bag weighs twice my dwarf right now, containing nothin but guts, vomit, and a dead kobold.