Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Mouse Fortress v1.4d for DF 34.11 - Roller Coastery Wooh!  (Read 91565 times)

daagar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Fortress v1.4d for DF 34.11 - Roller Coastery Wooh!
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2012, 09:33:23 pm »

The DFHack issues seem to result when trying to run DF in full-screen (ie., F11). When in full screen, right-clicking with the mouse will minimize DF (You'll see the MouseFortress dialog appear just briefly, but usually end up getting the right-click menu of whatever was running 'behind' DF). Window mode seems to work fine. Latest MouseFortress, Win7, default out of the box settings.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2012, 10:03:05 pm »

Ah, that's a known issue. It's not something that I can fix due to the way fullscreen mode works. :( I might be able to implement a windowed noborder mode in the future though, if DF's window handling improves.
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

vonduus

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your captain speaking
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 19, 2012, 01:04:20 am »

Thanks for the update, I'll try it out asap.

My issue is that DFHack is simply not responding. All I get is "Invoking: Gate Gate is not a recognized command. Invalid hotkey command: 'Gate'".  But if it works for you, then it must be my version that is broken or outdated. So I'll get me a new version :) We are talking about the same DfHack, right? The one from peterix' thread?
DF: where imagination beats animation

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2012, 09:21:26 am »

Hmm, yeah, it looks like you're using an older version, it doesn't look like gate is actually an available DFHack command, at least in the current version.

Tres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2012, 05:32:40 pm »

I downloaded the thing, unpacked, replaced original DF.exe with the one included, ran launch.ahk with AHK installed, nothing happened exept informations about scripts being launched, so i launched DF.exe, I get information about main index file missing. What am I doing wrong?

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 31, 2012, 08:24:36 pm »

Are you on windows (vista/7) or linux? If you're on windows make sure DF is somewhere other than program files.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:59:48 am by Shukaro »

Kinasin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2012, 02:38:51 am »

Keep up the good work.  ;D

Tres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2012, 08:50:04 am »

Are you on windows (vista/7) or linux? If you're on windows make sure DF is somewhere other that program files.

W7, it's not in program files. Though I just realized I've 34.10 version, not 34.11, since I downloaded it in a pack with tileset. Can I get it to work somehow?

vonduus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 31, 2012, 06:05:12 am »

I now have the newest LazyNewb Pack, I changed the exe with the one provided with Mouse 1.4d, so I assume I have the most up to date utilities. Nevertheless, when I try to send a menu command from Mouse Fort to DFHack, nothing happens, I don't even get the "gate" error I mentioned earlier. DFHack just does not respond at all on my rig.

Apart from this, Mouse Fort works as a dream, I really like that I can use the keyboard to designate stuff now, without having to disable mouse tracking. Great work!

One request though: Scrolling has gone mad, if I put my cursor near the edge of the screen I get almost instantly teleported to the map edge. In other words: scrolling is way too fast. Please, make scrolling slower, or, if possible, make scrolling speed user-definable. Thanks.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 31, 2012, 06:51:53 am »

I'll need some more information to help you. What OS/Emulator and architecture are you running Dwarf Fortress on? Could you post the key, menu, and config files that you're using? Have you tried running mouse fortress as an administrator?

vonduus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2012, 02:52:52 am »

I'll need some more information to help you. What OS/Emulator and architecture are you running Dwarf Fortress on? Could you post the key, menu, and config files that you're using? Have you tried running mouse fortress as an administrator?

Win7, 64 bit - and I haven't yet changed the files you mention, they are exact copies of the ones from your download page (1.4d). But I tried running everything as an administrator, and now the connection to DFHack works! Why this helps is beyond me, all DF programs and utilities, including mouse fortress, are located in a folder on my desktop, (except ahk, which I cannot find anywhere on my disk (probably not an exe (?!?)). Anyway, problem solved, thanks a lot :)

My request about slower scroll speed still stands, though. I liked the scroll speed in 1.4b, but I don't dare to fiddle around with your code without supervision (I am not a programmer and all that, and I understand you made substantial changes between 1.4b and 1.4d), but if you tell me what figures in what lines should be changed, I think I could manage.

For your information: Mouse tracking seems to have become a bit more unstable, it stops working quite frequently (cursor not moving when I move the mouse) so that I have to refresh the script to get it back on. 1.4b did the same, but not so often. As it can be easily fixed I don't see it as a problem. I'll play some more, and then perhaps I can be more exact on how to reproduce this behavior.

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2012, 03:15:01 am »

How did I not know about this before today!?  Amazing!  I've been waiting for this for so long! Now integrate it into Stonesense and my master plan will be complete, muahahahaha...

Anyway, keep up the awesometastic job!
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2012, 12:05:27 pm »

Regarding scroll speed, you can increase/decrease the rate at which the cursor tracks by changing the trackdelay setting in config.ini, for reference, a value of 1000 would be equal to 1 second. If the tracking is unresponsive, the first thing you should do is make sure that finecontrol is set to 0, as that can cause issues when you're moving the mouse slowly. If that doesn't help, then it would be a massive help if you could provide as much information as possible about when it doesn't work.

Greendogo: Thanks! If you have any issues or suggestions feel free to post them!

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2012, 02:22:28 am »

Ah! I remember using this when it was the first version, good to know that the project is still being worked on. :D
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

dnatabar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 20, 2012, 10:07:18 pm »

Win7, 64 bit - and I haven't yet changed the files you mention, they are exact copies of the ones from your download page (1.4d). But I tried running everything as an administrator, and now the connection to DFHack works! Why this helps is beyond me, all DF programs and utilities, including mouse fortress, are located in a folder on my desktop, (except ahk, which I cannot find anywhere on my disk (probably not an exe (?!?)). Anyway, problem solved, thanks a lot :)

I had the exact same problem, although i refused to believe it was related to being run as an Administrator or not ( especially since my user is an administrator and i have UAC disabled >.> ).

None the less, i ended up trying it in a desperate hope of getting it to work with DFHack, and thats when i realized what the problem was.

Before, when you didn't run it as an Administrator, i'm sure you opened Dwarf Fortress through a launcher, like the Lazy Newb Pack or the Masterwork config.
When launched through either of those, the window title of the DFHack window is empty, and Mouse Fortress sends the command to the first Window it finds with "Dwarf Fortress.exe" in the title.

Running Dwarf Fortress manually, which would be necessary for you to run it as an Administrator, the DFHack window will have its Path as the title :)

Other than that, Great work with this tool, its superb :3
Only thing that annoys me is that it is not really useable in fullscreen, as it minimizes the game when it have to show the Rightclick menu.
Although, that is very unlikely to be something that can be fixed :/
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14