Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Mouse Fortress v1.4d for DF 34.11 - Roller Coastery Wooh!  (Read 90999 times)

yongke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Fortress v1.4d for DF 34.11 - Roller Coastery Wooh!
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2013, 04:40:06 pm »

Dear Developer

I have the same issues with edge scrolling, it is way too fast.  I prefer not to change the trackdelay because if the delay is too large then response is slow.  Is it possible to slow down edge scrolling without sacrificing responsiveness?

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2013, 07:21:36 pm »

This mod is pretty awesome  :). I ran into a problem though, not sure if its already addressed somewhere. When I was attempting to link a bridge to a lever, the mouse was never in the right position to select the bridge and interrupted the whole process. I had to disable the mod to get the bridge properly linked.

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 18, 2013, 12:28:41 pm »

Hello there! The newest DF versions are usually released around this time of year, so I decided to run around and take a look at what's been going on. This project in particular is very interesting. I hope it is still being worked on! In my opinion, something like this needs to be integrated into DF as soon as possible, considering how there are now several DF knockoffs with mouse support being developed. As much as I hate myself for it, I am really tempted to play one of those knockoffs simply because DF menus are such a freaking mess. If you fix that awful, annoying, debilitating problem, you'd be an angel sent from Armok!

Now, from what I've read here there are still issues with other utilities and no full screen support? I always use full screen on my TV as I can't sit at a desk, and I use Lazy Newb Pack and DFHack and don't know anything about ??AHK??, so at the moment I don't think I will be able to use this, but I will continue to keep an eye on this project.

And just so you know, DFHack always yells at the "Gate" hotkey. I believe it just means DFHack isn't recognizing when you click F1, F2, F3 etc for the in-game map hotkeys, like Gate, which is centered on your wagon by default. Why it does that, I don't know.
The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?

SuperCoolDude

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2013, 11:43:38 am »

How do you use this mod? I installed it like it said, just copy/paste into the directory of the game, but when it loads I don't have any mouse activity.

I am using the Noob launcher. What am I supposed to do to get the mouse working? It's what's keeping me from enjoying this game, it's completely and utterly a joke that the main game, a friggen' PC strategy game built on micro management, does not have native mouse support.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2013, 03:39:34 pm »

I'll need some more information to help you. What OS/Emulator and architecture are you running Dwarf Fortress on? Could you post the key, menu, and config files that you're using? Have you tried running mouse fortress as an administrator?

Win7, 64 bit - and I haven't yet changed the files you mention, they are exact copies of the ones from your download page (1.4d). But I tried running everything as an administrator, and now the connection to DFHack works! Why this helps is beyond me, all DF programs and utilities, including mouse fortress, are located in a folder on my desktop, (except ahk, which I cannot find anywhere on my disk (probably not an exe (?!?)). Anyway, problem solved, thanks a lot :)

I had the exact same problem, although i refused to believe it was related to being run as an Administrator or not ( especially since my user is an administrator and i have UAC disabled >.> ).

None the less, i ended up trying it in a desperate hope of getting it to work with DFHack, and thats when i realized what the problem was.

Before, when you didn't run it as an Administrator, i'm sure you opened Dwarf Fortress through a launcher, like the Lazy Newb Pack or the Masterwork config.
When launched through either of those, the window title of the DFHack window is empty, and Mouse Fortress sends the command to the first Window it finds with "Dwarf Fortress.exe" in the title.

Running Dwarf Fortress manually, which would be necessary for you to run it as an Administrator, the DFHack window will have its Path as the title :)

Other than that, Great work with this tool, its superb :3
Only thing that annoys me is that it is not really useable in fullscreen, as it minimizes the game when it have to show the Rightclick menu.
Although, that is very unlikely to be something that can be fixed :/

I'll see if I can fix this.

Dear Developer

I have the same issues with edge scrolling, it is way too fast.  I prefer not to change the trackdelay because if the delay is too large then response is slow.  Is it possible to slow down edge scrolling without sacrificing responsiveness?

Special behavior with edge scrolling is something I'll look at when I next push out an update, it should be possible without too much fuss.

This mod is pretty awesome  :). I ran into a problem though, not sure if its already addressed somewhere. When I was attempting to link a bridge to a lever, the mouse was never in the right position to select the bridge and interrupted the whole process. I had to disable the mod to get the bridge properly linked.

There's a flag which you can set to a key (it's shift-q by default I think) which suspends/resumes mouse tracking.

Hello there! The newest DF versions are usually released around this time of year, so I decided to run around and take a look at what's been going on. This project in particular is very interesting. I hope it is still being worked on! In my opinion, something like this needs to be integrated into DF as soon as possible, considering how there are now several DF knockoffs with mouse support being developed. As much as I hate myself for it, I am really tempted to play one of those knockoffs simply because DF menus are such a freaking mess. If you fix that awful, annoying, debilitating problem, you'd be an angel sent from Armok!

Now, from what I've read here there are still issues with other utilities and no full screen support? I always use full screen on my TV as I can't sit at a desk, and I use Lazy Newb Pack and DFHack and don't know anything about ??AHK??, so at the moment I don't think I will be able to use this, but I will continue to keep an eye on this project.

And just so you know, DFHack always yells at the "Gate" hotkey. I believe it just means DFHack isn't recognizing when you click F1, F2, F3 etc for the in-game map hotkeys, like Gate, which is centered on your wagon by default. Why it does that, I don't know.

Full screen support for the context menus just isn't possible at all in this version of DF, at least through AHK, when the next DF update rolls around I'll see if it's possible then. I kind of doubt it though, sadly. :(

I'll see if that DFHack issue has anything to do with mouse fortress.

How do you use this mod? I installed it like it said, just copy/paste into the directory of the game, but when it loads I don't have any mouse activity.

I am using the Noob launcher. What am I supposed to do to get the mouse working? It's what's keeping me from enjoying this game, it's completely and utterly a joke that the main game, a friggen' PC strategy game built on micro management, does not have native mouse support.

Replace the DF exe with the included one and then run launch.exe. You should see a mouse icon in the bottom right which indicates that it is running. It doesn't matter where you put the rest of the stuff.
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

Mattzz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 03, 2013, 02:50:26 am »

AHK should be able to do it using a lib like GDI+ maybe. though I don't think GDI can do fullscreen though its worth a try. otherwise you could move straight into directx hooking (or openGL for the cross platform) and create some custom menus. it is really easy to learn and all the information on the actual hooking bit is unsurprisingly on game hacking forums.

I would like to hear how you go with making it work as it would be interesting to hear.
Mattzz

Quick Edit:
If you want some simple OSX support then maybe take a look at IronAHK, I think that's what it is called.
Might do Linux as well since OSX and Linux are both Unix based but I have a feeling it doesn't
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:38:50 am by Mattzz »

pvt.Antonov

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2014, 12:58:40 pm »

hi i installed everything as you told, overritten, latest ahk installed, dropped all files on top of df folder,
and i have not track or drag. Only menu. :( sadly i seee the thread is full of complaints.

geeesus im dropping df again 3 years later because it doesnt have mouse support.
Toady lol... just lol.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:03:55 pm by pvt.Antonov »

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2014, 07:51:56 am »

Is this compatible with falconne's plugins?

mangulwort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2014, 09:54:07 am »

Is this compatible with the latest version?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2014, 09:58:04 am »

Is this compatible with the latest version?
Probably not.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2014, 10:05:04 pm »

Is this compatible with falconne's plugins?

Eh, kinda.  There's a fair bit of jitter as they over correct for each other's movement of the cursor though.  If you don't enable mouse tracking through mousequery you should be fine. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]