Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: PokeMon RTD: If you're lucky, you'll make it to Pewter.  (Read 13587 times)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: PokeMon RTD: I wanna be...
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 06:55:11 pm »

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 07:25:13 pm »

"Nice to meet you, Derek. Here's your starting items and your Torchic. He seems very bold, so maybe give him a bold nickname if you want to."
Spoiler: Party PokeMon (click to show/hide)

"You say your name is Bash? That's an interesting name for a trainer... But never mind that. Here's your starting items and your Oshawott. He's pretty quiet, so maybe a good nickname will make him more outgoing. But that's only if you want to name him."

Spoiler: Ochita / Daniel Green (click to show/hide)

"Daniel seems to be a bit more normal of a name... But anyways. Here's your starting items and your Treecko. He's a very modest PokeMon, if you want to give him a modest nickname."

Spoiler: empfan / Jack Scott (click to show/hide)

"Nice to meet you, Jack. Here's your starting items and your Cyndaquil. This one seems to have a special shine to his coat, but he's also pretty naive. Teach him the world, and maybe a new name, if you choose."

"When you're all ready to go, be on your way. A good place to start is Route 1 - It will take you about a day to get to Vermilion City. Be careful!"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:33:07 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 07:30:51 pm »

"I shall name him Flint, after a material that, when pressured hard enough, produces flame!"

Is there a 'Turn Zero' per say?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 07:35:10 pm »

"Flint is a great nickname! I hope you have fun with Flint on your travels."

Effectively, naming the PokeMon is turn zero. Turn one will start when the first actions are posted.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 07:38:52 pm »

"hmmm, Quinn seems fine for a name.  Right then, what now professor?"

Get the loadout, say goodbye to the professor and find look around for items that might help for the journey

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 07:40:10 pm »

... Right. You do have an overarching plot, right? It's not just 'Go ye heroes, go and catch all pokemon for the hell of it!'?

Wait, you joined 3 days ago. Well, this RTD and it's quality will cement you as a good GM or Bad Gm for the rest of your stay here. I suggest you browse through the rollers block thread.

Be warned, I've a reputation to annihilate RTD's round here.

I look and see what all is around me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:42:05 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 07:42:42 pm »

Yes, I do have the beginnings of a plot formulating. For now, you're just starting out on your journey.

I've looked around at other RTD's and I thought I would try to make one of my own. Here's hoping it goes somewhere good. ^^
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:44:40 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: PokeMon RTD: Day 1, Round 1 - The very best...
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 08:04:34 pm »

Quote from: empfan
Get the loadout, say goodbye to the professor and find look around for items that might help for the journey.

You exit the lab and find yourself in the middle of Pallet Town, the roofs of houses just down the path from the lab. You look around a bit and you fail to find anything of use. All you really know is there's a water route to the south and a path in between the trees to the north. Maybe one of the people in town will be able to help you better, unless you don't want to bother and just head on your way.

Quote from: dermonster
I look and see what all is around me.

You manage to find your bearings quite easily. You happen to know that to the South, there is Route 21, but you're pretty sure you can't get across it unless you happen to have Surf. You might want to find a fishing rod if you want to find some PokeMon. To the north is Route 1 - just as Professor Oak mentioned - in between some trees which you might find some PokeMon in as well, if you have a PokeMon Headbutt them. There are a few people milling about, maybe they'll have something useful to say.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 08:09:38 pm »

???

Uh...

You don't... You don't really make a turn unless every player has posted an action.

And usually you put a funny turn name up at the top too, but that's not really anything serious.

"Hello, man to my left! What say you to me about life, the universe, and everything?"

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 08:10:10 pm »

head north into the trees, praying to god I don't get mauled by an ursaring
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:17:43 pm by empfan »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 08:15:13 pm »

"Right, I guess I shall call him... Teak? I never was good at naming."

Lets go explore route one, for profits! (Also possibly with the intent to capture a pidgey.)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: PokeMon RTD: Gotta catch 'em all!
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 08:17:38 pm »

Sorry >> I'll just make this a more casual one with the typical related title. I'll reply as we go and give people individual rounds along the way, unless you think I should wait for the others. Input is appreciated.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 08:20:29 pm »

Nono, it's just that if you make turns without waiting for everybody, eventually someone is going to have had many more turns than other players (I reply almost fucking instantly- 5 minutes - 10 if I can't find words to explain what I want to do), and some people will have much less. It's just kinda strange, is all.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 08:23:57 pm »

Posting to watch!

Good luck in your GM'ing Dwayna!

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 08:28:38 pm »

I see what you mean, how silly of me. ^^; Call it a brainfart or whatever. I think I'll just reply as we go instead of giving rounds to the topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8