Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coyote door guards  (Read 511 times)

Salmonpunch

• Bay Watcher
  • Fishing poles are for the weak.
    • View Profile
Coyote door guards
« on: February 25, 2012, 01:44:19 pm »

I love AI glitches.

I am looking for potential followers on my current world and I got into a fortress. I soon find out its abandoned as three wolves charge at me. A short fight ensues and all three are struck down, I butcher them but leave the useless parts behind. I explore the tower and when I come back about 11 coyotes have apparently somehow snuck through the door to feast on the leftover gibs. Seeing me, they all scrambled for the door but cannot seem to fit back through (I like to imagine that they all ran for it so fast they kind of piled up and clogged it) and feeling trapped they initiated combat.

So is this a glitch with animals being able to use doors when not in combat or something like that? or were the coyotes spawned inside the fortress?

Combat pictures (this is halfway through the fight, ive already killed and butchered most of them. BTW those walls used to be gray)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:48:07 pm by Salmonpunch »
This is Gabe Newell, a vast humanoid. He undulates rhythmically. Beware his deadly release schedule!
Oh look, more apocalypse in my cereal.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Coyote door guards
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 02:01:48 pm »

They spawned in the fort ;)

Or something let them in.

*Scary music*

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Coyote door guards
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 02:06:12 pm »

At least it is normal for abandoned fortresses (it also says somthing along these lines in their description ... "free wildlife roams the abandoned fortress" or the like ...
I always assume that the gates in abandoned fortresses are broken and cannot be closed to animals anymore (AFAIK it is different for the normal doors in the fortress (to the towers and the main hall) which still keep wildlife out)

(in accordance with that it might, of course, be that they spawned within the fortress or already where there when you entered ... normally, when I go into an abandoned fortress there are always a few honey badgers as well as a large group of herd animals [boars for example])
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:08:23 pm by Proteus »