Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Empathy depending on the greatness of the creature slain?  (Read 889 times)

Ascimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Empathy depending on the greatness of the creature slain?
« on: February 26, 2012, 07:31:25 am »

I had Very Low Empathy, went and slain a Roc, then was able to recruit the whole village (slaughtered at the following goblin ambush).
There is a finely-engraved image of Ascimator on the wall. Ascimator is slapping himself in the face. The artwork relates to the loss of the only anvil in Perplextombs in the late winter of 6.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Empathy depending on the greatness of the creature slain?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 08:09:47 am »

thats not empathy that lets you recruit people, its social awareness, that and how famous you are ups the ammount of followers your allowed to have, empathy is useless.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 08:11:46 am »

I can recruit entire village after killing roc, but with just normal empathy.

So I don't think that it's empathy which affects to number of followers.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 08:24:39 am »

I can recruit entire village after killing roc, but with just normal empathy.

So I don't think that it's empathy which affects to number of followers.

you would be correct in thinking that, social awareness affects it and your fame affects it.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 04:38:31 pm »

Fame is the more important thing here, a civilization regards you with different statures of awesomeness, each corresponding level allowing you to recruit more. Social awareness increases this.