Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2h giant parallel universe swapfort?  (Read 1299 times)

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
2h giant parallel universe swapfort?
« on: September 16, 2021, 01:10:36 pm »

Would anyone like to do a sort of Parallel Universe Two Headed Giant Swapfort in which we embark on the same location in the same world and then swap saves every spring? It will be fun to see how our designs clash and each of the fortresses' histories divert.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: 2h giant parallel universe swapfort?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 05:22:42 pm »

I think this is an interesting concept. Although I might not participate, I would be interested to read about it.

Would you want only two overseers, or basically two "teams"

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 06:15:15 pm »

In theory you could have three or more who swap in a set cycle but organizing more people who have to play a turn every week sounds difficult and also two swapping yearly has a different dynamic that might end up being more interesting.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 04:07:10 am »

In that case it may be best to play with a friend or family member. It can be tough relying on forum members for this sort of thing. I might give this a try when I have more free time. It would be certainly interesting to read a thread about it and see screenshots of the parallel progress.

I think it'd be very cool in a reclaim setting (either a procgen fort, or playermade, but small) - as there will be a central structure that will likely remain the same, grounding the whole split timelines thing.

Or even modded with Lovechild's All Races Playable mod to have a dwarven, elven/goblin fort in the same locale.