Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2193420 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Right, who demoted the frog?

He is now a janitor instead of a mad scientist according to his thing.
It's been like that for a long time. I actually miss him being a respectable sort of psychopath. I'm also surprised he has something that looks suspiciously like a meme as his avatar... Something is afoot.

PEONS I DON'T HAVE TO JUSTIFY MY ACTIONS TO YOU

Well, see, I'd been having a sort of backlash against the whole 'look-at-me-I'm-so-edgy-and-insane' aesthetic, so I figured it was time to change my message to something marginally-more-grounded. I had recently managed to finally get something resembling a job and was super-excited, so I used that instead.

The avatar came about as part of a demonic pact I made with my sister to get her to change her Instragram avatar to one of her least-favourite Umineko characters making a stupid face. In return, I agreed to change my avatar to my favourite Umineko character (Rudolf, if anyone cares) making an equally-stupid face. To my knowledge, it is not even remotely a meme (I cobbled the image together myself using a panel from the manga) unless one counts the Impact font. I'll probably change it back once I get tired of seeing Rudolf in despair (which may well be never).
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

Since when have the users of the Bay12 forums ever got tired of watching other people suffer? :P
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Well, I dont like them to suffer over much.

Except the single vampire I have encountered. When I find that asshole I will BURN his ass.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

@Mr. Frog: I think it suits you, wait at least two months before changing it again. Cos, there's people like kj and Knit Tie who go through seven different avatars a day. Also, the whole "Lookit me! I's crazy!!!" is very over done. I'd even call it blase if I fully knew what that word meant. Welcome to the new-old aesthetic of keeping a mentally healthy balance. ( Plus, it amuses me so much, because I can picture the voice that goes with it. It may well become a meme though, so let's be sure that all credit goes to the Frog. )

@Everyone else: The Janitor is one of the most important positions in all organizations! Why should hell be different? You may scoff, but the Janitor can take down any organization from the inside and does the least savoury but most morally upright job of any big business. All while wearing his dignified uniform. To all Janitors who truly do well at their job: never stop. You're almost as important as the good mother and the therapist in a societal infrastructure, though you well never receive even the honours due to those. I know. I respect. I care. Whenever I think of you, I clean up my own messes and leave a polite note.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

No, I wasn't meaning anything bad by it at all. :P I was just joking around. I'm curious as to what Umineko is, though.
And yes, much respect to janitors. Very much.

The next chapter of Vanya's Journals:

Vanya's Journals, Chapter 62: A Tense Meeting
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 06:06:11 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Well. I wasn't expecting Trevor to say that.

*slow claps*

Excellent! Now I have a dozen theories on Trebor's role in this story, and he's a Minor Protagonist/Antagonist (haven't decided yet)! I wonder how Katie would feel about this... about how he feels 'guilt' for his sisters death, and how he feels about Vanya and why.

Looking forward to the next installment!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I'm curious as to what Umineko is, though.

Wikipedia's got ya covered. It's really hard to explain, but it's basically an extended deconstruction of the mystery genre with a dash of mindfuck. My sister's really into it, although I kind of got tired of it around Episode 6 and am now so thoroughly spoiler'd that there's no real reason for me to continue reading any of it.

[epic janitor rant]

Oh, no, I do nothing so prestigious. I just help my dad sweep a bar, and he gives me some of his wages. 'Hell' is an appropriate metaphor, trust me ;_;
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

I'm curious as to what Umineko is, though.

Wikipedia's got ya covered. It's really hard to explain, but it's basically an extended deconstruction of the mystery genre with a dash of mindfuck. My sister's really into it, although I kind of got tired of it around Episode 6 and am now so thoroughly spoiler'd that there's no real reason for me to continue reading any of it.

[epic janitor rant]

Oh, no, I do nothing so prestigious. I just help my dad sweep a bar, and he gives me some of his wages. 'Hell' is an appropriate metaphor, trust me ;_;

Eh... Sorry to hear that man. Especially because it's a bar... :/ Ah well, we all love and respect you here and I'm guessing your dad and you are on pretty ok terms if he lets you help at his job and then pays you a share.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Well. I wasn't expecting Trevor to say that.

*slow claps*

Excellent! Now I have a dozen theories on Trebor's role in this story, and he's a Minor Protagonist/Antagonist (haven't decided yet)! I wonder how Katie would feel about this... about how he feels 'guilt' for his sisters death, and how he feels about Vanya and why.

Looking forward to the next installment!
Trebor got most of his use in the Blood Plains/48D arc, but he's still proving to be useful, as far as story goes. I managed to establish a great deal while Vanya was going off on her wild goose chase, and it wasn't so useless after all, really. This isn't going to turn into a yo-yo plot point, though. Vanya's going to figure out who it is before much longer.

The past couple days I've been too busy IRL (cleaning and yardwork) to really get any work done, but I'm starting back today, hopefully. I haven't even been online much. (Doesn't help that I got sick, apparently from something outside/in the garage.)

Mr. Frog - I'm not sure I heard about that, but now I get why you've never seemed pleased with your job. :-\ And yeah, we love you here. As to Umineko, sounds like something I might be interested in, but, I spoiled it for myself a bit... and I don't think I'd be able to get ahold of it anyway.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where did everybody go?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

For me, mostly the devlog. And Tumblr.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:45:42 am by Lolfail0009 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Where did everybody go?

Good question. I usually keep an eye on stuff now unless there's something  I feel I have worth saying or whatever, so the silence is a little jarring.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's the calm before the storm known as 'Spearbreakers II'.
GENERATION 32:

Golbolco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After going through the three SomethingAwful greats again, then going through this, I've put together my theory of how Spearbreakers could be a sequel to Syrupleaf AND have the world survive the ending of Syrupleaf.

Here's a quote from the beginning of Headshoots:

War... war never changes.

The Hame of Severity waged war to gather slaves and wealth. The Blowing Cactus built an empire from its lust for gold and territory. Sazir Searchdikes shaped a battered Sword of Owning into an economic superpower.

But war never changes.

In the first century war was still waged over the resources that could be acquired, only this time the spoils of war were also its weapons: adamantine and magma. For these resources the Doom of Flags would invade the Boat of Society, the Sword of Owning would annex the Mute Continent, and the Blanketed Nations would dissolve into quarreling, bickering nation-states bent on controlling the last remaining resources in the Realms of Enchanting. In 27 the storm of world war had come again. In two brief hours, most of the world was reduced to cinders, and from the ashes of geothermal devastation a new civilization would struggle to arise.

A few were able to reach the relative safety of the large dwarven mountain halls. My family was part of that group that entered Palmlanterns. Imprisoned safely behind a large drawbridge under a mountain of stone, a generation has lived without knowledge of the outside world.

Life in Palmlanterns is about to change...

Note the geothermal devastation part. Later in Headshoots, it mentions the Great Magma Flood of 27. It's possible that if in Headshoots, the world recovers albeit in a different form in 100+ years, then what happens in Syrupleaf could be recovered from. It's also likely that with the obsidianization of the world in Syrupleaf, people took back to the dwarven halls like they dead pre-Headshoots.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Where did everybody go?

Me? Uni. How've you been?
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 815