Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196024 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

Where did everybody go?

Me? Uni. How've you been?

Heh. With me it was Gundam, then Bleach, then what I'm watching now: Code Geass.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Heh, I really didn't want to double-post with story bits. Plus, been fighting some issues of my own. heavy depression stuff.

Golbolco - I'm not sure how far you've gotten into Spearbreakers, but we've decided on something that didn't require retconning anything (if you notice, though, Syrupleaf retcons itself twice near the end). To do this, we said that, when Armok destroys the world via obsidianizing due to the fact that Syrupleaf fell, Parasol goes back in time and traps Syrupleaf in a stasis bubble for all eternity, so that the time within can't move forwards. This appeases Armok and everything continues. (Although, you have to admit that the obsidianization is a bit overkill to begin with... unless Armok is making a last stand for himself against overwhelming demonic forces - and that's what Spearbreakers is based around.) Not that your story doesn't have some merit to it - that's actually what one of our images is about:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
However, as it was pointed out, the narrative says specifically that every living thing was wiped off the face of the planet, as I recall... which is why we had Parasol go back in time.

AND NOW, the next chapter. Sorry for the wait. I didn't want to double-post. :P I am pretty happy that you all showed up, though - at least we're not dead yet. I was getting worried. :-\ I really don't want to wind up double-triple-quadruple posting with story bits.

Vanya's Journals: Returning Home
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I'm slowing down a little with the posting because I'm hitting what amounts to a wall. I have four chapters completed after this one, but I'm coming up on what was originally going to be the absolute highest point of Vanya's story, and I'm trying to make sure I get it right. Confidence is a little shaky right now.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:21:20 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Where did everybody go?

I'm doing other stuff right now. There's a story I've been working on foreeeeeeever (like, at least a year, maybe two -- I don't even remember) and so that's currently the focus of my writing energies. I've also been playing the hell out of EarthBound (the origin of my old avatar, if anyone cares) and posting silly scribbles to Miiverse as I do so. Haven't had much to post.

E:
Plus, been fighting some issues of my own. heavy depression stuff.
:( I'm always here for you, ya know.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:53:32 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Where did everybody go?

I'm doing other stuff right now. There's a story I've been working on foreeeeeeever (like, at least a year, maybe two -- I don't even remember) and so that's currently the focus of my writing energies. I've also been playing the hell out of EarthBound (the origin of my old avatar, if anyone cares) and posting silly scribbles to Miiverse as I do so. Haven't had much to post.

E:

Earthbound! :D I've started playing again. I really like the game. I like the whole series really.

Heh, I really didn't want to double-post with story bits. Plus, been fighting some issues of my own. heavy depression stuff.

Why?

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Huh. I've sorta been playing out Earthbound a bit too ever since I found my SNES. Great minds think alike, no?
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Ah yes, the SNES...

I recently got mine working again, found an adapter that plugs into a digital TV. Super Mario All Stars was glitched as fuck. I don't know why playing as a brick/ghost hybrid was so amusing but it was.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh. I've sorta been playing out Earthbound a bit too ever since I found my SNES. Great minds think alike, no?

WiiU Virtual Console for me, as I'm not nearly rich enough to acquire one of the original cartridges (lucky punk).

I'd be throwing a classic Mr Frog hissy fit over this blatantly-OT discussion, except 1) the fortress and most of its storylines has concluded and all that's left is for poor put-upon Talvi to tie up absolutely every loose end by himself, therefore the thread itself has more-or-less achieved its purpose anyways and 2) I really don't give a fuck what the hell y'all do anymore 0:)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finally found this file! It was only half-done at the time, and I'd lost my file on English/Void translations so there's a section in here where people are singing in poor Welsh. Sorry 0:)

I never got around to explaining portals/Tunnels, instead giving an example of Audiomancy. Next chapter should be the final Interlude chapter, ready to launch into the main story for SBII.

I'll start working on the next chapter as soon as I flesh out exactly how the Interlude/SBII transition is going to work.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Chirp chirp motherfuckers. Where'd everyone go this time?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I assumed everyone fled my poor writing '^^

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still plugging away on the Story That Will Not Die. I WILL GET IT FINISHED WITHIN THE YEAR DAMMIT (although at this rate I'll have to end it roughly 1/3 of the way through the intended plot, but that's okay because after eons of looking at it I have because so intimately-familiar with its shortcomings that it's actually kinda nauseating).

Talvi, if you'd please post some kind of anything just to assure us you're okay it'd be greeeeat. I'm kinda worried after your last post.

E: Because this thread is apparently about retro gaming now, I finally beat EarthBound for what I think is the second time yesterday and once again I cried like a fucking baby at the ending. I started tearing up halfway through the Giygas battle and then wept more-or-less continuously until the credits rolled. God I'm pathetic :'( I don't even know what it is; the plot is bare-bones and the characters are barely-developed and yet that damn game rips my heart out like a starving raptor every. single. time.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:35:11 pm by Mr Frog »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Chirp chirp motherfuckers. Where'd everyone go this time?

I was kinda waiting for everyone else, and dealing with impending homelessness, and stressing about college finances, and playing a really difficult succession fort, and having relationship problems, and having deep philosophical discussions, and attempting to get grades up, and procrastinating on reading books, and wondering how I'm going to get a twenty chapter assignment done in three days, and preparing for High School graduation, and filling out an order for custom signs at my internship and what was the other thing...? Well, you get the point. Very busy. Also, at some point I need to finish writing the next chapter of my story, prepare my presentation on what the Louisiana School Board should do to achieve higher academic success, do some visual art, get a job, increase my programming skills, and play Minecraft again. Mmm... Right now though? Right now I need to sleep. Nighty-night folks!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was kinda waiting for everyone else, and dealing with impending homelessness, and stressing about college finances, and playing a really difficult succession fort, and having relationship problems, and having deep philosophical discussions, and attempting to get grades up, and procrastinating on reading books, and wondering how I'm going to get a twenty chapter assignment done in three days, and preparing for High School graduation, and filling out an order for custom signs at my internship and what was the other thing...? Well, you get the point. Very busy. Also, at some point I need to finish writing the next chapter of my story, prepare my presentation on what the Louisiana School Board should do to achieve higher academic success, do some visual art, get a job, increase my programming skills, and play Minecraft again. Mmm... Right now though? Right now I need to sleep. Nighty-night folks!

Wow. This guy can juggle like a boss.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Talvi, if you'd please post some kind of anything just to assure us you're okay it'd be greeeeat. I'm kinda worried after your last post.
*posts some kind of anything*

Nope, I'm here... just "eh". Not feeling the greatest, and I haven't for a while. I hit a minor case of writer's block with the story... I can't figure out how to untangle it. That plus feeling depressed sets me at a less-than-optimal working capacity... I guess I got past the point where I craved socialization - not being able to find it, I guess I kind of retreated reclusively, almost as a reflex... it's not helping me feel any better, but at least I'm not feeling any worse anymore. :-\ That's a plus, I suppose. it's sort of like damage control.

A few nights ago I came very close to pouring everything out either in this thread, or making a new one in the Life Advice board... but ultimately decided against it. For here, it was because it seemed self-important, whiny and off-topic. For the lower boards, it was a heaping helping of the first two and the knowledge that it was very likely that the "advice" people gave me wouldn't be very helpful. I actually had someone try to urge me to kill myself a week or so ago. :-\ Never had that happen before... weird thing is, they actually seemed like they weren't being cruel, but like they thought they were helping and being compassionate. lol

so, at this point, I don't really know what to do. I'm mostly occupying my time coding where I don't have to think about anything. I'm writing what will hopefully be a pseudointelligent chat bot, in java. as to the story, my confidence got a little shakier and finally fell apart. :P Not sure how to piece it back together. My natural inclination would be to socialize it away, but when I tried that, it had the opposite effect, like I said above. Mr Frog, if you remember what I said happened last year/last October, it's not quite that bad right now... so don't feel too alarmed. I would've PM'd you, and I even started writing, but then felt bad about it because I basically feel like I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. People have given me advice, or suggested things I should try, but none of it is actually working. What I really needed, I think, was socialization, but I never feel comfortable with seriously asking it of anybody because I, myself, don't know just to what lengths I mean by that, and it feels like I'd be asking more than I deserve... anyway, the heavy depression stuff is still there. tried talking to my folks about it, but somehow they think I'm making it up. :-\

So... hmm. I don't really know what to do about it all anymore.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*posts some kind of anything*

Nope, I'm here... just "eh". Not feeling the greatest, and I haven't for a while. I hit a minor case of writer's block with the story... I can't figure out how to untangle it. That plus feeling depressed sets me at a less-than-optimal working capacity... I guess I got past the point where I craved socialization - not being able to find it, I guess I kind of retreated reclusively, almost as a reflex... it's not helping me feel any better, but at least I'm not feeling any worse anymore. :-\ That's a plus, I suppose. it's sort of like damage control.

A few nights ago I came very close to pouring everything out either in this thread, or making a new one in the Life Advice board... but ultimately decided against it. For here, it was because it seemed self-important, whiny and off-topic. For the lower boards, it was a heaping helping of the first two and the knowledge that it was very likely that the "advice" people gave me wouldn't be very helpful. I actually had someone try to urge me to kill myself a week or so ago. :-\ Never had that happen before... weird thing is, they actually seemed like they weren't being cruel, but like they thought they were helping and being compassionate. lol

so, at this point, I don't really know what to do. I'm mostly occupying my time coding where I don't have to think about anything. I'm writing what will hopefully be a pseudointelligent chat bot, in java. as to the story, my confidence got a little shakier and finally fell apart. :P Not sure how to piece it back together. My natural inclination would be to socialize it away, but when I tried that, it had the opposite effect, like I said above. Mr Frog, if you remember what I said happened last year/last October, it's not quite that bad right now... so don't feel too alarmed. I would've PM'd you, and I even started writing, but then felt bad about it because I basically feel like I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. People have given me advice, or suggested things I should try, but none of it is actually working. What I really needed, I think, was socialization, but I never feel comfortable with seriously asking it of anybody because I, myself, don't know just to what lengths I mean by that, and it feels like I'd be asking more than I deserve... anyway, the heavy depression stuff is still there. tried talking to my folks about it, but somehow they think I'm making it up. :-\

So... hmm. I don't really know what to do about it all anymore.

Whoa... I don't know how people cope with this stuff, but you really are the strongest type of people.

I might not be able to help, but if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here. And sometimes soft sunlight helps alleviate or mitigate some darker emotions, from my experiences... maybe you could try that Ignore that, it's a late night...
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 815