Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2197407 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Excellent work, Reudh!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Oh, look, 40.04 got released when I wasn't looking.

Guess I have to get back to work on the Spawn now.

Poop.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Speaking of them, how's the early testing been going?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of them, how's the early testing been going?

Early testing wound up being suspended on account of Assistant Modder Mr Frog receiving both Bravely Default and Minecraft (360 edition, and no I don't have XBox Live or any of the necessary components to get my box online) as gifts on consecutive weeks. Said the assistant modder: "Eh, I'll get around to it when .04 comes out."

E: More seriously, there wasn't much to really do short of add tags for the new gaits. Spawnitis still worked as intended (haven't tested the save glitch yet) and there were no major errors during testing that I could find. I suppose I could make the Spawn sweat and cry but since they lack both emotion and exertion it'd be kinda pointless.

E2: I suppose I could give the Spawn super-acute hearing and smelling for Adventure Mode purposes.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:16:51 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, don't forget they do need to be toned down slightly so our soldiers can fight back. Unless you got to that already. :P Good to know for the most part they work as normal though.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

I have to be honest here... i really didn't enjoy Bravely Default. I got about 8 hours in, and the whole "buy SP with real money to get more turns" or "bosses so powerful that they require you to summon a different player to get a 9999 in where the monsters were being oneshot by your guys" turned me off.
Not to mention the gimmicky combat.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Never even heard of Bravely Default and it sounds like I should be glad for that.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Never even heard of Bravely Default and it sounds like I should be glad for that.

It's basically Final Fantasy 16 (or whatever the hell number it'd be by now) with most of the trappings associated with the series, except they're not actually calling it Final Fantasy because the series's reputation has been so thoroughly destroyed that it's better just to call it something else and get a fresh start, or something.

It's not nearly as bad as Reudh is making it out to be, trust me :V  You don't need to pay to get SP (you can just leave the 3ds in sleep mode for a long time, which is... something, I guess?), the bosses aren't that OP (I'm about 15 hours in and I haven't yet needed to use Ally Summon to beat a boss, and one of my party members is the crummy joke class), and as for gimmicky combat... meh, to each his own. I'd be playing it right now if I didn't have to screw around with the Spawn.

E: Balancing the Spawn properly may prove difficult even with the weapon fix. The team I spawn second always seems to take several moments to start fighting back when the first team starts attacking them, thus netting [the first team] several free kills.

To clarify, I'm basically pitting a team of Spawn against a team of dwarves in iron armour and seeing how the fight goes, who wins, how many casualties the winning side suffers, and so on.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:40:02 am by Mr Frog »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It could be they're "unaware" when the fight starts, resulting in several fighters being killed before they even know what's going on. Or I'm just guessing about crap that isn't true (probably the latter.) Are they still acting up even with the new release?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It could be they're "unaware" when the fight starts, resulting in several fighters being killed before they even know what's going on. Or I'm just guessing about crap that isn't true (probably the latter.)

It occurred to me that it might be intended behaviour, but I don't want to believe it is :V  If it is intended to simulate one team taking the other unawares, not being able to turn it off is dumb. It's not like every single encounter in-game is going to be a surprise attack.

Are they still acting up even with the new release?

*points to avatar* Eeeeyup.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

maybe have multiple one on one fights in those little rooms? It'd be more tedious but it could work. Just kinda spitballing here.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

maybe have multiple one on one fights in those little rooms? It'd be more tedious but it could work. Just kinda spitballing here.

That would probably just result in the unit to be spawned second being killed before they can get their ass in gear and defend themselves.

I'm thinking of just adding a 'buffer' of 5 or so unarmed units in front to soak up hits until the second team notices they're under attack. It's not perfect, but it'll have to do.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

Interestingly enough, I don't have this problem...

I spawned two squads of unarmed, unskilled dwarves, and both teams launched at eachother, and took even casualties until one team(the first, maybe this is your glitch, maybe they got a lucky hit in) pulled ahead.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #10678 on: August 07, 2014, 02:25:10 pm »

Okay, my utter failure to actually get off my ass and do anything aside, is anyone here but me even ostensibly trying to do anything to prepare for Spearbreakers 2? We a huge batch of raws to update and nobody's so much as volunteered to do anything about it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #10679 on: August 07, 2014, 03:21:50 pm »

The only thing I've done is fiddle with the barbarians (which was easy since it was mainly just copying and modifying the human creature raws.) I haven't thought to do anything else because the game isn't functioning quite right yet anyway, though it's finally getting there.
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 815