Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2192975 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - Now discussing sequel and other things
« Reply #10785 on: November 18, 2014, 06:32:00 am »

Talvi! You're alive! :'( How are you doing lately? Also I vote yes for spoilers.

I kind of think ya'll need to make more of an organised push towards SBII now that (I think?) the new version has gotten to the point where it's not blowing up constantly. Splint's kind of the boss here, so I suggest that he make a definitive list of exactly what we need to do in preparation (crap I forget how to spell that) for the sequel. What we're putting in, what needs to be done, etc.. It'll kind of help make the path to the end easier to see.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10786 on: November 18, 2014, 08:53:41 am »

Can I make a formal request for all of my previous writings for this fortress to be struck from the record? ((Although I'll keep the posts themselves, I guess.))

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10787 on: November 18, 2014, 09:05:12 am »

Heyaa, Asea, Mr Frog!!! :D How have I been? Well... busy. Very busy, with one thing after another. So much work piling up on my plate that I don't know quite what to do about it, but hey! I'm coping this time. Mr Frog - missed talking to you in particular. :P I'm planning on shooting you a PM asking how you've been.

And yes, I'm most definitely alive. And kicking! No need for tears - I know it's awful I'm still around, but still. ;) jkjk   No, actually, you in particular will be very happy to know that the girl I've been with on and off for three years came back again like she always did, begged, and I actually managed to stand my ground and tell her no.  :o Yay for me! I'm actually glad I did.

In other news,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And in still more other news, I joined NaNoWriMo, which I have now mostly lost all my respect for, as they actively encourage people to write crappy novels full of over-wordiness. :P Ah well. Now I know.

AND I GOT NINJA'D! Just like old times!
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10788 on: November 18, 2014, 09:17:58 am »

Just like old times~ :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: November 18, 2014, 09:28:44 am »

Talvieno: Indeed, because it just happened to me. One hell of a picture you made man!

Lolfail: As to your old writings, I'm in the process of rejiggering all the stuff I wrote (fixing typos, modifying plot, changing some motives, but otherwise trying to keep to the same general direction and actions.) You could do the same if you like, but that's not quite up to me. Maybe Lefton was just certifiably insane and really shouldn't have been given a pair of sharp things and a license to kill. :P

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10790 on: November 18, 2014, 09:48:29 am »

If anyone's certifiably insane it's me; the good ol' ((possibly schizophrenic)) Creator, although "Creator" is a misnomer; I only design '^^

Maybe I'll finish the Interlude, but not as I intended. Maybe I'll actually wrap up the story instead of reusing those characters in SBII like I'd planned '^^ But first, I need sleep more than I've ever needed sleep before. Goodnight all.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10791 on: November 18, 2014, 10:39:15 am »

Heyaa, Asea, Mr Frog!!! :D How have I been? Well... busy. Very busy, with one thing after another. So much work piling up on my plate that I don't know quite what to do about it, but hey! I'm coping this time. Mr Frog - missed talking to you in particular. :P I'm planning on shooting you a PM asking how you've been.

And yes, I'm most definitely alive. And kicking! No need for tears - I know it's awful I'm still around, but still. ;) jkjk   No, actually, you in particular will be very happy to know that the girl I've been with on and off for three years came back again like she always did, begged, and I actually managed to stand my ground and tell her no.  :o Yay for me! I'm actually glad I did.

In other news,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And in still more other news, I joined NaNoWriMo, which I have now mostly lost all my respect for, as they actively encourage people to write crappy novels full of over-wordiness. :P Ah well. Now I know.

AND I GOT NINJA'D! Just like old times!

Hey man! Awesome news!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10792 on: November 18, 2014, 04:36:32 pm »

@Lolf:

Eh, just keep the stuff. Maybe retcon it slightly if it really bugs you. I don't think it's really hurting anyone by remaining canon or semi-canon and we've had a hell of a lot worse in here.

E: Internet deletionism is generally poor form anyways. It reflects better on you to accept what you did and own it rather than try in vain to make it not have happened. (Not saying that you really did anything bad, mind -- just a general rule of thumb.)

@Talvi:

I'm really happy to hear that you finally managed to stand up to a girl (particularly that one, urgh). Don't think that's ever happened before :p

I don't really know what to say about the picture besides that it's really pretty and you should make more. I like the star shining in the background, I guess? It kind of gives a 'glowy-halo-of-holiness' feel (especially to the nearby planet), and I like the shadows it makes. Also congrats on winning that competition.

I'm kinda-sorta-but-not-really doing NaNoWriMo -- not really in any official capacity, though; I just figured that it was as good an excuse as any to start writing something, as I've been in a major slump. Didn't really bother checking out the community or whatever. I guess it can be good to just write whatever pops into one's head for a change instead of constantly stressing out over whether it's 'good enough'? Probably won't get one any prizes, but...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:07:01 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10793 on: November 18, 2014, 05:51:38 pm »

Heyaa, Lolfail, Reudh!!! :D Missed you guys. (Not Reudh quite so much because I have him on Skype. :P)

I'm with Mr Frog on this, Lolfail - I don't think it's hurting anybody. If you're looking to improve, that's awesome and commendable, but don't do it because you think people don't like your work - obviously we do, or we wouldn't have read it. :P Reflect on what you did, realize your mistakes, and do a better job. Don't delete it. :P

@ Mr Frog:
Yep... lol, I stood up to a girl, and that's an accomplishment, as pathetic as that sounds. When they get on their knees and beg it's generally hard for me to turn them away, but I guess I've grown as a person?

And... you'll be amused to know that actually... I didn't make that background shot you seem to like so much. If you click here, you'll see where it's from. (and it's gorgeous) http://youtu.be/4r6N7_HAsZo?t=10m20s

And... About NaNoWriMo - if you want to add me on there or whatever, a link is here: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/talvieno Maybe not much point, seeing as there's less than two weeks left.

And yeah, I guess it can be good to just write whatever comes to mind, but I've seen people actively encourage others to do absolutely whatever it took to reach the word count - even if the end results were practically illegible. :P
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10794 on: November 19, 2014, 04:19:18 am »

Very well, I won't delete it.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10795 on: November 20, 2014, 09:40:46 am »

... I think I might no longer have a place here.

Well, I suppose I can always force my way back into relevance. Hi, everyone. How's life?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10796 on: November 20, 2014, 10:02:44 am »

There's always a place for you here, McClellan!~

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10797 on: November 21, 2014, 05:06:02 am »

Yes. Over there, at the loser table.

jk mclellan ilu bby no homo

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10798 on: November 23, 2014, 02:26:20 am »

Yes. Over there, at the loser table.

jk mclellan ilu bby no homo
Yeah, I know... * puts on the "Least Contributive Member" hat and badge *
No homo allowed.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10799 on: November 23, 2014, 08:13:25 pm »

Hey, give me my hat and badge back! :P
I, on the other hand, am fully open to any homo. Just no romo.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:35:15 pm by Lolfail0009 »
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 815