Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2193451 times)

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - Prepping for reboot, now discussing creatures and such
« Reply #10950 on: January 24, 2015, 09:29:51 pm »

Hey assholes

Congrats. I suspect you'll need it for the new fort. :P
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - Prepping for reboot, now discussing creatures and such
« Reply #10951 on: January 25, 2015, 02:47:58 am »

If we're doing a reboot... I should migrate my meager contributions and be more involved if I want to participate. We're gonna label it as a "spiritual successor", right? Also... Life stole my life and I want it back! ;-;

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: January 25, 2015, 03:56:37 am »

Hey assholes

I had a grandiose idea that I'd draw every overseer's dwarf once their turn was completed, but we all know my track record of following through on said grandiose ideas soooo
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: January 25, 2015, 04:10:17 pm »

Also... Life stole my life and I want it back! ;-;

I recommend combusting its residence with some sort of citrus fruit to persuade it to. Maybe the resident Arch-Jizzard can help you?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: January 30, 2015, 09:39:34 pm »

Also... Life stole my life and I want it back! ;-;

I recommend combusting its residence with some sort of citrus fruit to persuade it to. Maybe the resident Arch-Jizzard can help you?

Pfft, Life is overrated. Try being Undead for a bit, you'll never go back! (More because you really can't go back...)
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10955 on: January 31, 2015, 02:40:10 pm »

*waves* I disappeared for a bit, but I'm back! :D (for now)

I think at this point it's safe to say I may not have time for a turn in the reboot. I'm a bit too busy in real life, trying to pull things together so I can finally get out of here (out of where I live now, not this thread, to clarify).

Also, I told Mr Frog in detail about how awesome I think his pic of Katie is in a PM already. :P Thanks were most certainly given. Absolutely made my day seeing that. :D Late Christmas present, more or less.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: January 31, 2015, 02:58:11 pm »

I think at this point it's safe to say I may not have time for a turn in the reboot. I'm a bit too busy in real life, trying to pull things together so I can finally get out of here (out of where I live now, not this thread, to clarify).

Also, I told Mr Frog in detail about how awesome I think his pic of Katie is in a PM already. :P Thanks were most certainly given. Absolutely made my day seeing that. :D Late Christmas present, more or less.
I hope that goes well for you Talvi. As do we all. :)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: January 31, 2015, 03:41:26 pm »

Ditto, try not to forget anything- it sucks to realize two years later you left something behind.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10958 on: January 31, 2015, 04:03:24 pm »

Ditto, try not to forget anything- it sucks to realize two years later you left something behind.
No, I'm not leaving yet. :P Still a long ways to go. It may or may not involve opening a Kickstarter/Patreon account for my current work of fiction, as I've been getting offers for donations... which is a hard thing to accept (as you can probably already surmise if you know me well), but... you know what desperate times call for. :P I'm still a good ways off... need to find a way to secure a second form of ID so I can open a bank account... which will be a risky venture in itself.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: January 31, 2015, 04:07:16 pm »

SS card, drivers license/permit?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: January 31, 2015, 04:07:59 pm »

SS card, drivers license/permit?
Don't have access to the first of the two. :P Going to find a way to get a new birth certificate though.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: January 31, 2015, 08:53:09 pm »

Talvien, you'll want to check with a notary or perhaps a city official where you were born. Why can't you take donations through PayPal? Well... I guess without a debit account, that could be hard. I don't know about Patreon, but Kickstarter requires an account just to donate and for that reason, I couldn't fund you there. Also, be sure to add 5% to however much you need to account for fees.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: January 31, 2015, 08:55:38 pm »

With certain conditions I can possibly suggest ways to get government assistance if you need it. PM me about that and I'll see what I can do.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: February 02, 2015, 09:02:03 pm »

Hey assholes

I had a grandiose idea that I'd draw every overseer's dwarf once their turn was completed, but we all know my track record of following through on said grandiose ideas soooo

I had a thought: could we have each Overseer draw or delegate the drawing of their dorf? That way the burden isn't placed on any one individual, the work gets spread out.

I'd offer to do it for at least most of them, but I sorta still have to draw Reindeer Calvary for Necrothreat...

Drawing Reindeer with Armour and Dwarves riding them is a pain in many unmentionable places. :(
GENERATION 32:

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: February 03, 2015, 03:02:31 am »

I dunno. I don't really want it to get to the point where people feel pressured to smash out a picture whenever someone's turn concludes. It should probably be more of an at-will sort of thing.

Also, use Google Images for references if you're not sure how to draw something. It helps a lot, even if you're not gonna do a 1:1 recreation of the reference.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:04:07 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 815