Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196313 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I'm all for cross fort references and whatnot so long as it doesn't go too overboard or anything. What exactly entails "too overboard" may be subject to personal opinion.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Or don't. It risks becoming an absolute clusterfuck of anachronistic nonsense.
True.

I'm all for cross fort references and whatnot so long as it doesn't go too overboard or anything. What exactly entails "too overboard" may be subject to personal opinion.
Yeah. I'll have to get the ok from some prominent MurderMachines players, and there's not really a need to do too much. If we're limiting it to that, as most seem to think is best, then there's also not the need for both forts having the same modded in creatures.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

I feel pretty prominent. If some of the void spirits mention the Spawn occasionally, then I'm fine with it.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

I feel pretty prominent. If some of the void spirits mention the Spawn occasionally, then I'm fine with it.
You are one of the main ones I was referring to, along with peregarrett. I forgot you were here too, so that makes it easy.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

In light of the fact that a new release does not appear to be terribly-imminent and Splint does not appear to want to start the new fortress until then, I've taken the liberty of jumping the gun a bit and starting the new fort myself using a modified version of the prototype OP Splint sent. Hopefully y'all will forgive me. Here's the thread.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I forgive you because that was actually kinda good and not just a link to dickbutt or some crap.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Ok, well done.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

On that note, happy April Fool's Day guys.

So since I'm here, let's posit something.

Continue the wait for another one or three months (I'm optimistic the next release being in the next couple months,) or starting sometime this week and hoping it doesn't suck (because sieges seem to be pretty broken.)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Broken how? I really haven't played much with the current version -- been kinda off DF for a while sadly.

Honestly, I'd say that unless there's a legitimately-insurmountable performance issue at hand just do it. Largely because even when the new release comes in, there'll probably be loads of bugfix releases required, and then we'll just sort of end up right back where we started where we're constantly waiting for the "right release" to do it on, because let's be frank every single iteration of DF has had some sort of terrible issue or another.

Also, Merry Christmas asswipes
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

On that note, happy April Fool's Day guys.

So since I'm here, let's posit something.

Continue the wait for another one or three months (I'm optimistic the next release being in the next couple months,) or starting sometime this week and hoping it doesn't suck (because sieges seem to be pretty broken.)
Yeah, I'm hoping the same. I'm also hoping to stall DGIII until then, but Flame seems pretty ready to go. As per Spearbreakers, I'd say "sign me up", but I am practicing my responsibilities thing. So, put me down as a definite maybe.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I say to start it now.

Also, sieges are sort of broken, yes. You might get one your first week or not get one for a decade, depending on what the civ that sends it is doing (since sieges now work more like migrant waves, inthat they dont make new people as needed) However, that probally wont be an issue with the spawn.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I say to start it now.

Also, sieges are sort of broken, yes. You might get one your first week or not get one for a decade, depending on what the civ that sends it is doing (since sieges now work more like migrant waves, inthat they dont make new people as needed) However, that probally wont be an issue with the spawn.

That is actually exactly what I figured would happen with the new system, so I'm feeling pretty smug :3  Teehee.

Still, I'd imagine Spawn would use the same system, seeing's how to my knowledge all civs use the same sort of basic population mechanics, so they'd probably be just as broken. Not that having them turn up on Year 2 really stopped Spearbreakers, but it'd suck if they just decided to not turn up at all.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Yeah, it's probably worth the wait for Toady to fix sieges. The other option is to make the Spawn have gigantic sites with huge populations.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's probably worth the wait for Toady to fix sieges. The other option is to make the Spawn have gigantic sites with huge populations.
Hey, I'm having an issue that might be related, but has to do with my own mods. The megabeast I've created seems to be either: A) Destroying all life or B) Not appearing in-game. What should I do?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

... increase megabeast count in worldgen and nerf the beast's stats a little?
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 815