Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196653 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Oh, I missed this!!!! Waking up in the morning to a ton of new posts - I missed this. :P

I know right?

So guys, in other news I successfully deployed the Horrors. They succeeded in crippling a carpenter, breaking the legs of a miner, broke a soldier's foot, knocked out a bone carver's teeth, and fed the rest of the  populous.

They also came in the desired horde of 10. To the unprepared, dead dorfs could ensue. It's like Spawn but more killable!
Sweet! :D

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

Yes, I read the entire thread, and then registered an account (and waited very impatiently for Bay12 to let me log in) just to say that I had finished, because this thread is that awesome.

That's the only way to do it, lol.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

:D Whoo! Everybody's coming back. :D

I should write up a final summary of Vanya's adventures - what happens after she returns to Spearbreakers and all that.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Like, just think about it. For three years people have been logging into Bay 12, going into Community Games and Stories, seeing this thread floating in the first few pages, and wondering what the hell we're doing in here and/or how the hell we're still functioning. I dunno, but that just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Due to this comment I vote that we use the same thread for the sequel.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Like, just think about it. For three years people have been logging into Bay 12, going into Community Games and Stories, seeing this thread floating in the first few pages, and wondering what the hell we're doing in here and/or how the hell we're still functioning. I dunno, but that just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Due to this comment I vote that we use the same thread for the sequel.

Let's not. This place is an organizational nightmare as is. There will however be a link to this madhouse.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Oh, I missed this!!!! Waking up in the morning to a ton of new posts - I missed this. :P

I know right?

So guys, in other news I successfully deployed the Horrors. They succeeded in crippling a carpenter, breaking the legs of a miner, broke a soldier's foot, knocked out a bone carver's teeth, and fed the rest of the  populous.

They also came in the desired horde of 10. To the unprepared, dead dorfs could ensue. It's like Spawn but more killable!
*populace
That was the ONE THING that got on my nerves with this fort.
Populous is an adjective, the state of having a large populace.

Also, yay, Mr. Mr Frog post!
TheBiggerFish has admired a masterwork story recently.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 05:57:45 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Ah, right, of course '^^
I must be a right mug to have forgotten them
Oh, stop mugging at the crowd, and go have a drink.  You must be sober.  :P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

I must be a right mug to have forgotten them

That... Oh god man, that was just.... Just horrible. You should feel ashamed of yourself.

:3~<

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Oh, by the way:  Never let The Master play SGII while inebriated.  It will end.  Badly.  In hours.

This is a masterwork engraving of the fortress Sparkgear XIII and the overseer The Master.  The Master is striking a menacing pose.  The fortress is dead.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:36:48 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

I should write up a final summary of Vanya's adventures - what happens after she returns to Spearbreakers and all that.
Speaking of, I should do something with the cliffhanger to my little bit of story.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of, I should do something with the cliffhanger to my little bit of story.

Couldn't hurt.

If Crystalclock does become a more direct sequel, hopefully by then I'll have my external moved inside my computer (the USB thing it used broke somehow, but the drive itself is perfectly fine.) Without that I'll be out some weapons and other shit.

Also, anyone remember the Trash Golems?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I remember mention of them somewhere.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Think we outta bring them in, or if not, think they'd be a good addition to the Elf Invasion mod? I've been looking to add more environmental threats to the mod, and since Horrors worked out well, I figure I'm open to suggestion.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I have the trash golems lying around. They probably won't be viable for 34.11 though, at least not without serious reworking. IIRC due to the way their bodies worked they died far more easily in worldgen than they did in actual real-time combat, so you had your choice between them not being able survive worldgen OR them being nearly-unkillable when they turned up at your fortress.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I figure they might make for a nice solitary predator-thing to run into in the caverns and maybe wetlands (what with being amorphous masses of detritus and junk.)
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 815