Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2199488 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

That's putting it gently. :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Okay, we need to settle on a definition of sequel, because I feel like everyone else is using it differently than I am for some reason.
And don't we HAVE the mods?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some, not all. And there's more that could be done with DFHack magic.

We have spawn, scythods, can easily make hostile and nonhostile Parasol and Ballpoint remnants, Sewat colonists, railguns, can easily make a multitude of mug-based weapons, we have disc launchers somewhere, as well as chainswords and such andthe means to produce them and combat jackborgs as both a caste and wild "animal" (though better described as more like marauding bandits and deserters) that can be convinced to join a fortress (animal training.)

With DFHack we could also include importing schematics for making various weapons and battlesuits for example, Parasol battlesuits granting flight, no breathing, and paralysis immunity (the suits being able to keep functioning so it can safely end the fight and return to safety,) while Ballpoint's does the first two but trades paralysis for pain immunity (having built in pain-killer injectors,) as well as sufficient strength bonuses to allow them to easily kill less well-equipped soldiers by sending them flying so hard they explode, old-school champion style.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

With DFHack we could also include importing schematics for making various weapons and battlesuits for example, Parasol battlesuits granting flight, no breathing, and paralysis immunity (the suits being able to keep functioning so it can safely end the fight and return to safety,) while Ballpoint's does the first two but trades paralysis for pain immunity (having built in pain-killer injectors,) as well as sufficient strength bonuses to allow them to easily kill less well-equipped soldiers by sending them flying so hard they explode, old-school champion style.

Unless its been recently fixed in the newer version, giving flight to fort creatures doesn't do much besides mess up their pathing. Same with swimming, IIRC.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Battlesuits probably shouldn't fly.  But yay!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fliers do have thier utility in combat if used in conjunction with ground-bound units.

For example, a squad of pikedwarves man an open gate, while the flight-capable battlesuit hammerdwarves, because there's a valid ground path (and for my usual designs, there's a ramp outside for aesthetics, granting a a path down,) they'll hope right over the wall in a straight shot. They're just finicky to work with is all.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Oh, I get it now.  I think.
Sigtext

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

None of them. That's like asking if I want to be beaten with a splintery oar, a cricket bat with a nail in it, or a 2x4 with a hole in the top full of angry blood gnats. It'd suck no matter what.
Yup.
I thought this was just...Fast-forward time a bit, you know?  So Everoc is still Everoc but in the future.

That pretty much was the plan, and I'm still kind of against a direct sequel to be honest. Reboot with all the fat cut off, sure. Sequel? Ehhhh....
Okay... What about doing it as a spinoff that incorporates Spearbreakers elements then? ( That's what I thought we were doing, but obviously I missed a lot. )

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Someone is trying to make an actual chainsword.
Or so says the Happy Thread.
Sigtext

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

...they're far away from Nova Scotia, right? I don't want to have to add that to the list of things to watch for, since it's sort of a written list on the fridge that results in a lot of awkward questions.

Especially that time I had a friend who was related to a Cop over.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

It's in Texas. We're safe.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Is anyone really safe from Texas, though?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

...they're far away from Nova Scotia, right? I don't want to have to add that to the list of things to watch for, since it's sort of a written list on the fridge that results in a lot of awkward questions.

Especially that time I had a friend who was related to a Cop over.
Huh.  Guess where I'm currently vacationing.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

A weird thing to be happy about, but Gunner-chan has been a lot more focused lately. Okay that's not the weird part.

The weird part is she's gone back to trying to make an actual functional chainsword. Which is well, hilariously dangerous but she seems happy being actually focused on something.

Plus she finally took my advice and decided to rethink who her real friends always were.

Has she seen the functional chainsword someone printed out on a 3d printer?

Sadly the website is broken right now but I guess they have a FB page or something that should have it?
THE CHAINSWORD IS REAL.  ALL HAIL THE GREAT MR FROG.
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pluggy plugy plug, pluggy pluggy plug.

New version of the mod's out people. Seems like the best place to shill it.

Think I should do a backwards patch for 34.11? Seems like it'd be pretty simple to do (removing gaits and attack and recovery stuff.)
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 815