Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2198046 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

...they're far away from Nova Scotia, right? I don't want to have to add that to the list of things to watch for, since it's sort of a written list on the fridge that results in a lot of awkward questions.

Especially that time I had a friend who was related to a Cop over.
Huh.  Guess where I'm currently vacationing.

*Sigh* Of course you are. *Adds 'Chainswords right under...heh. 'Razor Wire hidden in Hat Brim', that was memorable.

Pluggy plugy plug, pluggy pluggy plug.

New version of the mod's out people. Seems like the best place to shill it.

Think I should do a backwards patch for 34.11? Seems like it'd be pretty simple to do (removing gaits and attack and recovery stuff.)

All hail Splint! In honor of his greatness, I for one will drown my enemies in piles of Splints. Not like the Hospital uses them... at least, not for anything medical.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Is anyone really safe from Texas, though?
Speaking for Louisiana, eh. Texas really isn't that dangerous.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

"Rise from the Grave!"
Works every time...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

The thread shudders and begins to move.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

The thread shudders and begins to move.
I just wish that the new fort would begin to move towards its embark point...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I wanna start up something to at least help tide us over, but I didn't hear back from more than two people regarding what version to use for it.

Could always continue keeping an eye on Clobbermountains in the meantime.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

Are Usable Mugs implemented yet?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Next version.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Well, I wanna start up something to at least help tide us over, but I didn't hear back from more than two people regarding what version to use for it.

Just start a fort with whatever version you like more. If you build it, they will come.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just start a fort with whatever version you like more. If you build it, they will come.

I'll likely do it on 40.24 then, unless someone wants to finish the backwards patch for 34.11.

Although I may just up and make an entire separate version of the mod from scratch for 34.11, even if it's a monstrous pain in the ass to do that, it seems like it'd be easier to do that than try to fully do the patch...

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, fine. I'll just be removing some gait tags and such, right? How much is there to do? If it's going to be a tedious nightmare I'm not touching it.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I got the worst of it, but there may still be stuff pertaining to tears and whatnot. At any rate I started on a separate thing, and seem to have everything but the naukan and roaming beasts working for 34.11. They otherwise appear to be functioning fine on 40.24, as they did spawn (and god damn was it a pain in the ass getting even that much functionality out of the fuckers.)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I got the worst of it, but there may still be stuff pertaining to tears and whatnot. At any rate I started on a separate thing, and seem to have everything but the naukan and roaming beasts working for 34.11. They otherwise appear to be functioning fine on 40.24, as they did spawn (and god damn was it a pain in the ass getting even that much functionality out of the fuckers.)

Yeah, I can get rid of the tears and shit for ya. Probably should hold off on rebuilding it until I've taken a peek under the hood. No promises, though; if it gets boring or annoying I'm just gonna quit.

E: Gonna wait till tomorrow, though. It's late, and drowsy modding tends to have rather... unconventional results in my experience.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 01:03:42 am by Mr Frog »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you can get the naukan and beasts working that'd be good enough for me. Like I said, I got everything else working more or less as intended.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 815