Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2199014 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - Prepping for reboot, now discussing creatures and such.
« Reply #11235 on: September 20, 2015, 06:39:26 am »

Link to Clobbermountains?

And I have Talvien's contact info, I can poke him from time to time to make his obligatory cameo appearances. From how he's described things, it could be DF2018 before he can play regularly again. If even then. It sucks that DF2015 hasn't dropped yet, I've got little to do for the next few months while I'm taking a forced sabbatical from my higher education. I mean, I've secured a part-time position out of employer desperation and nepotism, but I'll only be working 8-3 every other day. ( I'm gonna be the tech guy for a private school. )

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - Prepping for reboot, now discussing creatures and such.
« Reply #11236 on: September 20, 2015, 07:19:57 am »

Clobbermountains. Mind the clouds.

Also, congratulations on your new job~

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11237 on: September 20, 2015, 12:34:51 pm »

Clobbermountains. Mind the clouds.

Also, congratulations on your new job~
Danke. Und doppel danke. :p

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11238 on: September 28, 2015, 10:04:32 am »

And I have Talvien's contact info, I can poke him from time to time to make his obligatory cameo appearances. From how he's described things, it could be DF2018 before he can play regularly again. If even then. It sucks that DF2015 hasn't dropped yet, I've got little to do for the next few months while I'm taking a forced sabbatical from my higher education. I mean, I've secured a part-time position out of employer desperation and nepotism, but I'll only be working 8-3 every other day. ( I'm gonna be the tech guy for a private school. )
Consider me poked. o/ Hello, everybody. :) I'll add you on Skype if you'd like to keep in better contact; I usually have it open. I'm Talvieno on there too.

And, yes... I've been highly busy lately. I'm actually hoping to finally get out of here (yes, still), but not too much has changed. :P (And Mr Frog, I need to find a way to keep in better touch with you in particular. I know Skype doesn't work for you - perhaps Steam or something of the like? Although I'm not always on Steam either... I haven't had much time for games lately. It's been at least a week since I played last, I think.)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11239 on: September 28, 2015, 01:43:56 pm »

Been about 5-ish days since you played anything last I saw. And a Harry welcome back to this pit brothar

And since I've hit a small bump, Trampledlantern needs your advisement denizens of Spearbreakers the Undying: to kill humies or not to kill humies.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11240 on: September 28, 2015, 01:59:44 pm »

Been about 5-ish days since you played anything last I saw. And a Harry welcome back to this pit brothar

And since I've hit a small bump, Trampledlantern needs your advisement denizens of Spearbreakers the Undying: to kill humies or not to kill humies.
1) TAVLIENO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  WB!  Also congrats!
2) To trap the humies in the depot until they starve to death, obviously.  Maybe have more than one depot and undesignate the one you just trapped them in.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #11241 on: September 28, 2015, 04:21:33 pm »

Consider me poked. o/ Hello, everybody. :) I'll add you on Skype if you'd like to keep in better contact; I usually have it open. I'm Talvieno on there too.

And, yes... I've been highly busy lately. I'm actually hoping to finally get out of here (yes, still), but not too much has changed. :P (And Mr Frog, I need to find a way to keep in better touch with you in particular. I know Skype doesn't work for you - perhaps Steam or something of the like? Although I'm not always on Steam either... I haven't had much time for games lately. It's been at least a week since I played last, I think.)

I do have a Skype, but it has my identifying info on it (name, etc.) and I'm super super paranoid about that kind of thing. I'm on here pretty much every day for Clobbermountains, though, so that's a possible venue if you don't mind. Also, if the Limit Theory forums have a decent PM system I could possibly make an account on there? Since I'm still slowly making my way through REKT and I know you post there frequently.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11242 on: September 28, 2015, 05:20:51 pm »

Limit Theory?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11243 on: September 28, 2015, 05:58:39 pm »

I do have a Skype, but it has my identifying info on it (name, etc.) and I'm super super paranoid about that kind of thing. I'm on here pretty much every day for Clobbermountains, though, so that's a possible venue if you don't mind. Also, if the Limit Theory forums have a decent PM system I could possibly make an account on there? Since I'm still slowly making my way through REKT and I know you post there frequently.
I have your name, in case you've forgotten. :P You have my email, I have yours. We could actually keep in touch there, but IIRC, you said it felt unnatural. And  :o I had no idea you were reading REKT! That's awesome! :D Even if you're not looking at it very often, that's still pretty cool! But you might want the turn summary here instead. There's a lot to read through, and a summary would just make it easier unless you'd rather go through absolutely every update. :P But yes, if you want to make an account on there, I'd definitely be able to get back to you fairly quickly. The question, I think, is - would you be easily able to get back to me?  ???

Limit Theory?
Space game. Singleplayer. Much pretty. Very Kickstarter. One-man team. Custom engine. Youtube.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:09:01 pm by Talvieno »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #11244 on: September 28, 2015, 11:19:35 pm »

I've given you my first name, not my full name (unless I'm forgetting something, which is likely). Admittedly, I haven't exactly been super-cautious and any idiot could probably track me down just by reading what I've revealed about myself carefully and applying basic deduction, but giving my full name to anyone online -- no matter how much I trust them -- is something that I've had drilled into my head from a young age as Something You Do Not Do Ever.

Also of course I'm reading REKT (albeit slowly), silly. I said I would multiple times. I actually intend to sign up for a round once I get through reading everything (and I'm definitely going to slog through the full thread -- reading a summary just isn't the same. Plus the two people (can't remember who) arguing about who should open a toolbox that was literally sitting in one of their hands was hilarious).

Email totally works BTW, I just liked the forum's PM system better because that's what I was used to. Lol.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11245 on: September 29, 2015, 06:58:19 pm »

Private IRC channel than only you two have the keys to? Or just direct p2p chat on IRC? I know Talvieno has HexChat. Idk if that'll work for Mr Frog though with his privacy concerns. ( If you know how to use a proxy or a spoofing network, that'd be sufficient to make it private and safe. )

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11246 on: September 29, 2015, 07:06:08 pm »

...or you could just use Mibbit. :P Kiwiirc is even better. But, if you don't want to do that, we could make our own channel somewhere and just talk, would work the same and only take a few seconds to set up. Or not. :P Up to you, Mr Frog.

Admittedly, I haven't exactly been super-cautious and any idiot could probably track me down just by reading what I've revealed about myself carefully and applying basic deduction, but giving my full name to anyone online -- no matter how much I trust them -- is something that I've had drilled into my head from a young age as Something You Do Not Do Ever.
It is with a mischievous grin that I announce,
Nathan Weeks
<the sound echoes into the distance>

...actually my name is all over the place. There's a person on the LT forums that regularly calls me Nathan. I'm cool with it, but at the same time, I understand why you're private about it.

Also of course I'm reading REKT (albeit slowly), silly. I said I would multiple times. I actually intend to sign up for a round once I get through reading everything (and I'm definitely going to slog through the full thread -- reading a summary just isn't the same. Plus the two people (can't remember who) arguing about who should open a toolbox that was literally sitting in one of their hands was hilarious).
:D That would probably be Dinosawer and Squidhead, I think. :P That duo was hilarious by nature. They'll be teaming up in the next mission. (Which is soon, mind you. Mission 1 is done, took twice as long as I'd hoped. This next one should only take two months.) It still tickles me to know you're reading it. :)

Sent you an email. :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:20:22 pm by Talvieno »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11247 on: September 29, 2015, 07:37:23 pm »

Yeah and since I accidentally leaked his name on a Youtube stream anyway, it's only fair that I introduce myself as well. :p ( Sorry again btw. If you change your mind and want me to edit it out, let me know. )

I'm Collin C. Warren, pleasure to meet you all. :)

( Haven't tried Kiwiirc, but Mibbit is good and simple, as Talvien says.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11248 on: September 29, 2015, 07:42:16 pm »

Yeah, I'll pass.  Not quite to the point where I trust the Internet.  At best you can find half of it out there.
Sigtext

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11249 on: September 29, 2015, 08:15:33 pm »

Yeah, I don't trust the internet, but what are they going to do with my name that they couldn't do with anything else about me?
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 815