Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2195264 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile

I blame just how quickly I read but even with 50ppp I tend to just blow through pages and it feels like there is more loading than not if I don't have it that high. Well unless it's a page just full of updates and stories. Those are special.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Honestly haven't gone into the settings very much. I should probably change some things.

Well, my potatotop from 2004 doesn't like 50ppp, so I've got it to slightly more manageable levels.

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 451
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:00:01 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile

Yeah I used 25ppp for a while but switched to 50 at some point and haven't bothered to change back. 25 is a bit too short and 50 is a bit too long for me though.

I've never understood why 30 or 35 aren't options. It makes no sense and just feels arbitrary.

Honestly haven't gone into the settings very much. I should probably change some things.

Well, my potatotop from 2004 doesn't like 50ppp, so I've got it to slightly more manageable levels.

Please tell me you're exaggerating about how old what you're using is. That would just be..... madness.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

...Yikes.  Amp, get a new laptop for Christmas or your birthday, you need it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Yeah I used 25ppp for a while but switched to 50 at some point and haven't bothered to change back. 25 is a bit too short and 50 is a bit too long for me though.

I've never understood why 30 or 35 aren't options. It makes no sense and just feels arbitrary.

Please tell me you're exaggerating about how old what you're using is. That would just be..... madness.

When I first got interested in Dwarf Fortress, in about 2009, I was using a computer from early 2003. That said, it was a pretty beefy one back then.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

i managed to get 2 fps in necrothreat on a 14 year old laptop with windows xp. is that normal?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

I'm not exactly sure how old this thing is, since I obtained it much later, but it's about that old.

And there is in fact a new computer in the pipelines, ETA probably sometime next year. I also have a slightly newer laptop, in much worse condition, that is capable of running modern versions of DF.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - HAPPENING LEVELS AT MAXIMUM
« Reply #11272 on: December 01, 2015, 05:17:47 pm »

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:20:35 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Better forge a battle plan now, Splint. The faster we get a work plan going, the sooner the new fort will be up.

E: Also, forgive me for pre-emptively hijacking the thread, but I'd ran into the hourly PM limit like a brick wall :V
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:26:13 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Better forge a battle plan now, Splint. The faster we get a work plan going, the sooner the new fort will be up.

E: Also, forgive me for pre-emptively hijacking the thread, but I'd ran into the hourly PM limit like a brick wall :V
Me too.
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

It's fine. In addition to playing the new version (I had the good luck of embarking on a damned bandit camp,) I'm working on some basic stuff for factions at the moment for the intro.

EDIT: FUCKING NINJA

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

FINALLY NINJA'D SOMEONE.
Sigtext

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gonna mess around with the new version to see what its capabilities are (sieges sieges sieges SIEGES SIEGES PLEASE LET SIEGES BE FUNCTIONAL) and how nicely it plays with my craptop (if I get like 30FPS in my first year then I won't be able to take a turn, or really do much of anything). See y'all soon~

E: Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh all these new syndrome tagsssssssssssssssssssssss
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:34:56 pm by Mr Frog »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

SPEARBREAKERS! SPEARBREAKERS!

Also, royalty in the first month of a fort is a PITA.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 815