Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178668 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

No.
Bad fanfic Vanya is not.
Deserving of an ending Vanya's story is.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, Nakeen is a face I haven't seen before. Heyaa. :) I feel like I should know you...

Ah sadly no chance that you could ! I have been a long time lurker and only decided to officially join the community some months ago.

Though you could say this may be fate, you and Frog are notable figures for me. You could even say "legends" if you want, haha.

The pleasure is mine to meet all of you :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

It lead to much strangeness. Might never get a written ending, but we know all kinds of good/bad shit happens - including the most tangible effects: New weapons and critters.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I agree that we should wait until the releases slow down a bit. I know there's a succession fort here that got put through every single build of DF2014 and wound up a glitchy, crashy, unplayable mess.

Ah, yes... Vanya... I kind of abandoned her tale after some heavy "wow, this sucks like a bad fanfic" criticism, and never really considered picking it up again.  :-[

Double ninja.

There'll always be people willing to say shitty things :V  Best not to let them get to you.

Also, Nakeen is a face I haven't seen before. Heyaa. :) I feel like I should know you...

Ah sadly no chance that you could ! I have been a long time lurker and only decided to officially join the community some months ago.

Though you could say this may be fate, you and Frog are notable figures for me. You could even say "legends" if you want, haha.

Thank you.

E: Gonna go hit the gym for a couple hours. I want there to be a comprehensive list of every mod Splint wants us to put in by the time I'm gone BACK OH MY GOD I MEANT BACK.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:16:33 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Well, considering the reality-shattering madness anything even tangentially related to this place has, I'm sure you'll be gone... To another dimension.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

No.
Bad fanfic Vanya is not.
Deserving of an ending Vanya's story is.
I suppose I can write an unofficial, quick and dirty ending to Vanya's tale. I don't remember where I left off last time, but what I had in mind went roughly as follows - at least, as far as what I can remember.

HERE BE TYPOS AND MISTYPES: PROCEED WITH CAUTION
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: Holy carp, you guys have ninja'd me four times. :D

Ahhh, I'm quite pleased you joined. :) Welcome! For whatever value "welcome" holds to someone who's been here for a while, anyway. :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:44:04 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

T'was good but it needs more words and time to it.

I was pretty sure Original!Frog was trying to subvert Eris?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Originally, I think yes, but I also figured that Joseph Would Have Ways. I don't think OG!Frog would hold out against Joseph forever; I think Joseph would manage to sway him eventually, either by making reasonable arguments or simply mind-controlling him, either psionically or chemically.

edit: Also, Silena was supposed to make an appearance somewhere in Vanya's tale, but I can't remember where...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:59:16 pm by Talvieno »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Joseph is up against a similar chessmaster type.  Mr Frog has his own ways.  *shrug*
Sigtext

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps. All of that was just in my notes and I never actually expected to post it without consulting other people first. I'm sure others would have made similar arguments and I would've changed that part - possibly so that OG!Frog helped Clone!Frog infiltrate the highest levels of Eris security, so that they could take down Joseph. As I said, entirely unofficial. :P Although Splint did give me the go-ahead on the final battle between Spearbreakers/Parasol/Ballpoint.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:07:54 pm by Talvieno »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We've created a Discord channel to discuss things! Feel free to join! https://discord.gg/0g2sUaS4K5R68cpr
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Hilariously, my computer refused to accept Discord's address any more. Welp.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Nah, the link functions, it's the internal discord invite function that broke'd.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try downloading the client and then clicking the link.
https://discordapp.com/
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 815