Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2199918 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

I did, that's what broke it. I think there may be some compatibility issues.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

So, our work plan that we managed to establish in the chat is that I am to work on the Spawn variants and the SPECIALSURPRISE, while Nakeen works on diseases, weather, and extra weapons, including a potential radioactive discharge when producing high-end gear. Is this correct?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I... Think? So far though nothing being produced uses anything that might cause that, except maybe the railguns exploding from improper assembly.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

You could have some kind of nuke-based siege weapon, if those are moddable. Also, if railguns aren't nuclear powered, they should be, since there's not a lot else that makes enough power for them.

Incidentally, stability issues seem rampant in this version, so we should definitely wait a couple patches before starting SBII proper.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Basic framework for megaspawn has been completed. They're super-powerful, though -- they'd probably be better as a megabeast as they currently exist. I'll tinker around with degenerate spawn tomorrow (although I'll be somewhat busy), then try to tune up both of them to presentable condition.

E: Degenerate spawn are in. Not sure whether to make them be skulkers like kobolds or just random wildlife. Perhaps they can be both.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 05:48:48 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

This happened while I was asleep? Gods I need to stay awake more often '^^

I knew that good dream meant something ((admittedly it was of me getting drunk but hey, appropriate right? :P ))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Megaspawn megabeast == good idea.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I approve of degenerates being both skulkers and random wildlife (perhaps somewhat prolific in the caverns as well.)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I approve of degenerates being both skulkers and random wildlife (perhaps somewhat prolific in the caverns as well.)

I was thinking of that, too. I'm honestly not super-experienced with wildlife modding but I'll see what I can do.

I made megaspawn able to animate their severed body parts (since Nakeen suggested that they be made of multiple Spawn fused together -- I still need to give each limb its own organ system, lol), but I'm concerned that this'll end up filling up the unit list super-quickly if they're a standard hostile civ (since this means that each individual megaspawn can create up to 7 units -- the main parent unit as well as another unit for each of its body parts (torso, groin, right+left arm+leg) once they're reanimated). Should I just make them a semimegabeast?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Make them semimegabeasts, yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will begin working on the mod next week-end. I'm currently far too busy.

You could have some kind of nuke-based siege weapon, if those are moddable. Also, if railguns aren't nuclear powered, they should be, since there's not a lot else that makes enough power for them.

I can make nuclear powered railgun if you want. It will just add some more complexity to them, as I will want uranium to be refined from pitchblende.

Concerning the "industrial waste", I will decide which reactions can product it after creating a whole arsenal and testing it. I may add different types of toxic by-product depending on the "tier" of the weapon, with syndromes going from "harmless" blood coughing to worse than ebola. Maybe.

Oh, and if I add a uranium refining reaction, do you want to have some kind of "radioactive" syndrome ?

EDIT: Frog, if you mod with wildlife I suggest to add UBIQUITOUS to any wildlife creature you will mod.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: Frog, if you mod with wildlife I suggest to add UBIQUITOUS to any wildlife creature you will mod.

Already done, but thank you for reminding me nonetheless. I am pretty much in y'all's hands here, lol.

Make them semimegabeasts, yeah.

I've already got it figured out, don't worry. Heeheehee.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Assuming fairly low-level poisoning and no long-term effects, you could add a syndrome that causes hair loss and blistering for radiation exposure, possibly also coughing blood, brittle bones, bad thoughts to simulate mental illness caused by neural damage, ETC.  To be clear, yes I would like there to be a radiation syndrome, and make it mean.

Gosh-darn ninja frogs.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He actually does have an irradiated weather syndrome which could hurt or help the unit.

Battery Forge: Produces batteries for use with advanced weaponry and armor, as well as to make jackborgs out of your citizens. Also handles refining pitchblende into useable uranium.
-Silver Batteries: Used to power advanced melee weapons, requiring silver, copper, and lead to produce. Also needed for Corporate Battle Armor.
-Gold Batteries: Used to power rail guns and disc launchers as well as needed to produce battle suit and jackborg parts.
-Uranium Batteries: Used to power battle suits, mass drivers (an even more freakishly OP ranged weapon/upgraded rail gun,) and Jackborgs. Production can sometimes result in failure, often mutating and either mildly or fatally irradiating the worker.

Jackborg Center: (uses worker to run reaction.) Using a set of complicated parts, a citizen is turned into an unaging or at least very long lived due to augments,) and very hardy "Jackborg," the ideal in dwarven soldiery.
-Jackborgs don't need air and have very high physical traits, as well as being fearless. They lack the ability to enter trances however due to modifications in thier heads blocking access to those centers of the brain. Requires a very rare caste in order to be used. This caste also doesn't age or has at least four times the normal dwarven life-expectancy thanks to thier augments.

New ideas!
Ballistic Weave: Bronze/iron grade resistant fabric ideal for making battle fatigues (which count as chain mail under layer body and leg pieces.) Requires silk and some other ingredient to produce. Should be decent value material; do you jeopardize yourself by making lots of valuable BDUs for your early troops or go without until later and use leather and copper? Also needed to produce "CB Armor"

Corporation Battle Armor: Armor patterned off of Ballpoint and Parasol gear, made from ballistic weave and steel plates sandwiched together for a highly resistant piece of armor. Once intended to stop the lower-power magnetic weapons utilized by the corporations, many weapons often fail to penetrate these suits' armor plates.

Produced in full sets of shaped items, requiring 20 steel bars, 10 rolls of ballistic weave, 1 rough clear glass, and a silver battery, resulting in the finest armor available to the local population. Material name simply ""Ballistic" [Armor piece]"
- TacCom Helmet: A helmet with a radio in it!
- Arm/Leg Guards: Boots/Gauntlets that protect the whole limb (represent elbow/knee pads and knee/shoulder guards as part of the armor.)
- Chest Plate: Protects the whole body, duh.

Mass Driver: The railgun made too extreme. With some additional rails, a more powerful battery, and a little steel to help reinforce things, the railgun can be upgraded to a full-on mass driver, capable of felling even the mightiest creatures with sheer blunt-force trauma - a megaspawn can survive a body shot from a railgun (provided the heart isn't damaged when the inevitable skidding happens.) It won't survive a body shot from a mass driver.
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 815