Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2191549 times)

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs.
« Reply #1275 on: May 11, 2012, 05:07:34 am »

We're insane.

Oh, and I can't update until either Sunday or Monday. Out of town.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: May 11, 2012, 03:12:35 pm »

Not a problem. We can keep busy with idle chatter or stories 'til then.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 11, 2012, 05:00:34 pm »

Crap. I somehow forgot all about this. Yesterday I was all like hum dee doo dee dee.... OH FUUUUUUU!!!!

really guys 86 pages. It's gonna take forever to catch up.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 11, 2012, 05:05:33 pm »

Use Talvieno's post to keep track. He's basically our resident chronologist of what goes on.

In the mean time, I had a thought based upon dorf!Splint and Dorf!Mr Frog's happenings in his room during thier weapon development binge.

It involves explosions, tanks, gianty spawn, and a dwarf being clawed in half in the background while saw-pikes and automatic railguns clash with claw and hide and spaceships incinerate a tank.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 11, 2012, 05:11:02 pm »

lol. in the meantime my dwarf has been acting as messenger and observer for the overseer right?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 11, 2012, 07:15:25 pm »

Just gave a look through the journals. If I recall right you were appearently teaching Talvi the fine art of not being noticed.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 11, 2012, 07:34:33 pm »

Maybe we're all figments of Talvi's imagination.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 11, 2012, 07:58:49 pm »

But how would that explain everything happening at once? unless Joseph's been messing with her mind....

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 11, 2012, 08:21:35 pm »

I actually just got done reading that entry. if it's not already got the marks of excelence around it in the first post, I'd like it to have them. exquisite piece Talvieno.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 11, 2012, 08:26:33 pm »

in reverse, mine was the fever dream of someone who'd been up for two days straight during school, angry about falling asleep in classes and such.

And as such it sucked hard balls.

- You wander the old tower, having killed the residents, and stare in awe at the endless rows of books. Suddenly, a spine with bands of gold leaf along the top and bottom catches your eye, and you take it down. It clearly hasn't seen the light of day in some time. There is evidence it was used as a coaster for a rather large mug at some point. You look at the cover, bound in Elk leather and decorated with gold leaf and onyx, it is a truely wonderful sight, despite the numerous marks on it from the afore mentioned mug.

You decide to look into it, to see if it has any arcane knowlege within...

Barbaris de Vastarent Montes
The Barbarians of the Wasted Mountains
A breif history of the invaders, by historian Stamar Justicefused

Introduction-
Strange beings are they who call themselves the mountain barbarians. They are black of hide and heart, and favor the blade and flail over any other form of weapon. Our first encounter was when these madmen had razed a fishing village to the ground after they had beached thier warships. Every man and woman was slain in the massacre, but the childeren were spared. At first we thought this compassion, but latter found they were of slaverous intent, selling or otherwise brainwashing the childeren of the village.

We were oblivious to the threat of course. And they spread quickly, killing and enslaving all in thier path until the vampiric war erupted. They had, according to thier own chorniclers whom I was able to speak with so long as I left my weapons with the village warlord's men, had decided to leave the natives of this, to them, new and strange land and turned thier attentions back to the sea during the war, though they have allegedly helped those who's battles strayed near thier taken ground. They said that they had wheeled around to stave off thier "Great Enemy" who we now know to be the Spawn of Holistic from the legends spread by sea-going merchants from coming to and from Everoc to the east. Evidently, they suffered heavily in the battles with those things as they, as one worded it "Swam, floated, or even walked here from the Old Land." They fought long and hard against the Spawn fo Holistic, as did the Coalition of Nations did against the Vampiric Empire.

From what I understand, they suffered many a death due to lost supply trains, the occasional wandering vampire, and to the horrible storms that ravage the eastern coasts of our great continent. They eventually gave up and made moves to take Coalition fortresses, and established strongholds nearby or in the mountains. Of course, being weary from the Vampiric War, we didn't stop them. Nor did we stop the Spawn as they took root in our own mountains.

The Barbarians continued to fight any who crossed thier holdings, and have since become increasingly aggressive, seeking any they can to "reeducate" to fill the growing gaps in thier armies. I have been told that they plan to launch exploratory raids against a small outpost called Spearbreakers. But they don't plan on beiing able to do much against dwarves, whom they hold in high regard for thier ancestors' stands at Headshoots and Syrupleaf. I am also told that them aside, they hold a place even here considered not but a legende, as the most sacred of battlegrounds and holy places, some besotted and abandoned place called Swordthunders, a place where hell itself was said to be conquered. Wether or not that the dwarves of our lands will be able to hold a candle to thier long dead ancestors, remains to be seen.

Now, I will begin my proper lecture on the culture of the Barbarian...

-The book appears to be stuck past here, you set it aside and hope, your lust for knowlege that brought you here having been given a taste of new information on another culture, there are other copies that don't have dried booze holding the pages together somewhere in this mess.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 11, 2012, 10:01:32 pm »

Wow. we're just knee deep in crap right now, and as we wade around in the crap, looking for some less crappy land, we just keep getting deeper in crap. also dwarves are shorter than us so they're even deeper in than us.

JOURNAL WRITING POWERS.... ACTIVATE

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 11, 2012, 10:03:37 pm »

Wow. we're just knee deep in crap right now, and as we wade around in the crap, looking for some less crappy land, we just keep getting deeper in crap. also dwarves are shorter than us so they're even deeper in than us.

JOURNAL WRITING POWERS.... ACTIVATE

Shamless bump and-

Oh god, I love your journal entries.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 11, 2012, 10:44:39 pm »

Couldn't resist. I just had to write an entree quickly. I had something in mind, but I threw it out the window when my fingers wrote on their own account. I also wanted to start fleshing out Joseph as either a bad guy or a good guy, as Talvi seems to want to leave it up to the rest of us to start assigning him\her (you never know) traits. don't worry though, I didn't actually do anything with Joseph... yet.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 11, 2012, 10:47:43 pm »

The difference is easy of course! Barbarian blood smells like burnt meat.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 11, 2012, 11:13:45 pm »

The difference is easy of course! Barbarian blood smells like burnt meat.
yeah, but there's so much of the stuff everywhere that no one notices the difference anymore
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 815