Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2190958 times)

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #1380 on: May 15, 2012, 07:44:16 pm »

Key to my drawing was I wanted a hideously flexible neck and a jaw that unhinges, kinda like an eel's. I also kinda imagined them as subsisting on dwarven flesh; they start off dwarven size, but as they devour more and more they get bigger and bigger; their skin stretches more and they get progressively more corpse-like. Unfortunately, this necessitated two mouths; one full of creepy shark-teeth and the other more humanoid in nature... With a jaw that unhinges for maximum "holy cap that's wrong!"

Also, it does have a beard. Sorta. Those raggedy brown things are meant to be the tattered remains of its beard and hair. I s'pose I could have a go at redrawing that thing if you want.

Also, Aseaharu, what?
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 15, 2012, 07:45:12 pm »

i want to update the game, with exceadingly bloodyfying creations carying stone, corpses and pikes.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 15, 2012, 07:48:49 pm »

I really don't know why the new drop rates have to suck so much.... GOing to make a sequel a little more challenging than I'd like.
Also I imagined more pincer like. on the Spawn, but Niccolo's depiction is pretty nasty in itself...

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: May 15, 2012, 09:27:51 pm »

you're all just jealous cause she's pretty!!
What do you think? Yes? No?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 15, 2012, 10:29:47 pm »

Very pretty, for a monster.  Now that Niccolo mentions it, that one does have remnants of a beard, and the claws are pretty vicious looking. It would be very unpleasant to fight, no matter what kind of claws it had.

And the drop rates have to suck so much so you get Skinner's Box'd into playing more. I believe Cracked had an article about it a couple of months ago, I'll check and see if I can find it.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

Shortest foray into Cracked I've ever had, that place is nearly as bad as TV Tropes.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:49:15 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 16, 2012, 01:03:27 am »

Very pretty, for a monster.  Now that Niccolo mentions it, that one does have remnants of a beard, and the claws are pretty vicious looking. It would be very unpleasant to fight, no matter what kind of claws it had.

And the drop rates have to suck so much so you get Skinner's Box'd into playing more. I believe Cracked had an article about it a couple of months ago, I'll check and see if I can find it.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

Shortest foray into Cracked I've ever had, that place is nearly as bad as TV Tropes.

The only issue I have with pincer-hands is... Well, I guess I imagine them walking on all fours.

I think Toady set the flat drop rate 'cause he's reworking how the mining system works. He mentioned a few times that he hates the meta game; I'm sure skill-based rates will come back once we have a easier method of assigning mining by skill, a la workshops being restricted by skill level.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: May 16, 2012, 06:02:20 am »

any idea as to when we'll get an update? also had a look at the last savegame and there is stuff (that is body parts) EVERYWHERE... rofl no wonder the necros are having the time of their life....
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 16, 2012, 06:19:53 am »

Mitch is doing things peicemeal. Pluus life is funny like that.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 16, 2012, 09:44:48 pm »

I'll update when I get home. I'm close to winter so far.

Too much Diablo 3.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 16, 2012, 10:04:02 pm »

A pain many are feeling, though sadly school will prevent me from feeling it for a few weeks. Diablo ):
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 16, 2012, 10:37:57 pm »

actually i'm not that keen on it anymore, am i strange or what?
i think they have announced the release way to long ago and i've lost interest by now.. talk about short attention spans :-P
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: May 16, 2012, 10:42:13 pm »

So Mitch, do you wanna leave a not for the next guy as to your plans or do you want another turn?

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 17, 2012, 12:29:58 am »

Nah, it wouldn't be fair to take two turns. My turn has probably taken the longest as it is, so I'll pass the end of the year off to Doctormonch (though I suspect he is MIA). And nope, no note or guide to tackle the HFS without traps if I don't get around to it.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 17, 2012, 12:43:39 am »

I meant later down the line. And as a precaution, I'm going to shift everyone around a bit, so Stormtemplar can get right into things. And if I'm right on my hunch, I don't think we'll need traps. Hear that Stormtemplar? I have no idea why mitch is confident but he must have a good reason, so exploit it!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 17, 2012, 02:01:02 am »

BEFORE ANYONE ASKS: I swear on my Internet connection that I did absolutely nothing to the HFS.

...This isn't going to be something lame like a horde of 30 steam demons that whisp away anticlimactically at the lightest tap, is it?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 815