Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2195270 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #1500 on: May 19, 2012, 01:00:43 pm »

I was going to say it's too late and we are dwarves already.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: May 19, 2012, 01:02:30 pm »

Good point. afterall, my life is sleep, eat, dwarf fortress, think about dwarf fortress, school or work, eat sleep dreaming of dwarf fortress or minecraft.
i fro got coffee.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: May 19, 2012, 04:52:54 pm »

Good point. afterall, my life is sleep, eat, dwarf fortress, think about dwarf fortress, school or work, eat sleep dreaming of dwarf fortress or minecraft.
i fro got coffee booze.

Ftfy. And yeah, once I started playing DF, there has been no other substitute. I even converted my friends so I wouldn't get such wierd looks anymore.  Now I say, 'Damn, the baby went insane and my commander speared him.' And they say, 'Ah, I hate that. Was it shell? Did the brat want shell in the desert?'
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: May 19, 2012, 04:53:58 pm »

@Talvieno:

Well, what I was going for was that Joseph was the leader of some secret cabal planning to use the HS-X FOR WORLD DOMINATION MUHAHAHAHAHAHAas a tool to control governments, corporations, you name it. He was using Talvieno to observe, and when he saw that she was getting close to dorf!Frog, he made her steal his PEA so he could creep on Frog's notes.

Also, is it just me, or is the universe itself trying to keep you off the Internet? Getting sick, keyboard breaking...
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: May 19, 2012, 04:57:49 pm »

That does seem a little too inconvienent to be random chance.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: May 19, 2012, 05:03:59 pm »

Oh god. It seems that between the meta plots, foregoing screwing eachother and the game defying our feeble pleas to make it ordered and everything, we accidently made a whole new brand of "WTF kind of hellish fort is this!?"

Love it.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: May 19, 2012, 07:34:51 pm »

xD I remember mentioning that somewhere in my first post. It appears to be slightly more true than I expected, though...

Talvieno: I'm working on the next year of the poem now. The reason the first one wasn't that long was because I'm going to write ~ 8 stanzas on each person's year (since apparently I hit my head and have become somewhat retarded) and I don't want to increase each year's work too much.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: May 19, 2012, 07:42:31 pm »

It took me a sec to really grasp the scale of it. And a squel will be even moreso, with a mishmash of radioactive shit, sci-fi meets fantasy, megaspawn, pack hunting angry chicken lizards that can mimick the cloverfield monster as adults, tanks, chainsaws, mug-based weaponry....

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: May 19, 2012, 07:59:17 pm »

It took me a sec to really grasp the scale of it. And a squel will be even moreso, with a mishmash of radioactive shit, sci-fi meets fantasy, megaspawn, pack hunting angry chicken lizards that can mimick the cloverfield monster as adults, tanks, chainsaws, mug-based weaponry....

What.

That sounds badass. And horrifying... but mostly badass.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: May 19, 2012, 08:39:35 pm »

Yeah... No blood rain but we may have anything from random sprouts of vampirism or a person capable of blendering goblins before passing out and vomiting on themselves for a week.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: May 19, 2012, 08:52:50 pm »

Yeah... No blood rain but we may have anything from random sprouts of vampirism or a person capable of blendering goblins before passing out and vomiting on themselves for a week.

sounds like stereoids to me :-P
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: May 19, 2012, 10:36:29 pm »

Wait... so Spearbreakers II is going to be an unholy amalgam of all the random shit Splint, Talvieno and I all cooked up to kill time?

I think the only logical response to this revelation is to make 20 more mods :D
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: May 20, 2012, 12:49:15 am »

As creatures and workshops are not my forte, I'm largly in ideas. But I'm trying to make that damned grave titan workout. And yes, it will suffer from that. Ohh and you guys will love the the disc launchers we made. (idea bounced around the 3 of us, Talvieno made them real.) Even a poorly aimed shot that connects is probably going to sever something. Had a 155 year old mechanic who happened to have novice ambusher caught out during a whait tiger attack, he miss the center mass and still killed the tiger by severing its leg. Smaller creatures can be outright bisected.

Oh, and railguns. Shatter bones on a miss, explode target into gristle on a direct hit. Extremly complex to make, involving mechanics, metalworkers, very specific reactants/materials for certain parts, and leatherworkers. Seriosuly, you guys will love it.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: May 20, 2012, 12:54:36 am »

IDEA: Grave titans have leaden bones that stick out of their fingertips to form razor-sharp claws.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: May 20, 2012, 12:58:16 am »

Talvieno said the 3 of us need to have another meet up for this stuff....
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 815