Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2189608 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #1560 on: May 21, 2012, 07:02:23 pm »

Exactly. Bring out your best, and that alone. Otherwise just ask nicely for a turn or a dwarf.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: May 21, 2012, 08:16:10 pm »

Just make sure the gates are closed before you begin, Mitch. lol   If you're going to release them. Oh, and no, fortifications don't work. They won't path to them because they can't path around them. However... Demons tend to stop at any doors they can find to pull them down, even if there are dwarves nearby. You might be able to use this to your advantage.

Oh cheers, I completely forgot about that. Good thing too, I was just about to release the HFS into the shooting gallery.

Oh, and if I had to make a mod, I might make a custom reaction to turn mugs into usable ammo, or something. And I'd make the butt end of pikes awesome. And I'd make Spawn come carrying steel bars (you know, so I feel like I'm gaining something more then days when I win a fight).

Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: May 21, 2012, 08:19:12 pm »

A special ammo type called "Mugs" is planned, as is the mugrifle, or as a friend at school recommended, the "Mugshot." Get it? mugshot? .... Alrighty....

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 21, 2012, 09:15:39 pm »

Make mugshot like grapeshot. It fires five or so mugs in a spread, possibly hitting multiple opponents or one opponent multiple times. And then 'normal' mug rounds that do more damage, and are more accurate. If the game will let you, otherwise I'm preemptively veto'd by engine limitations.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 21, 2012, 09:23:43 pm »

You are indeed engine veto'd. However, minecarts would allow for full weaponization of mugs as items, as I read somewhere they can shotgun items everywhere if they stop suddenly at a high speed.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: May 21, 2012, 09:43:18 pm »

Yeah, the devlog made mention of a conical pattern of destruction in a horde of goblins. It would be so beautiful.  I may just update my game...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: May 22, 2012, 04:21:56 am »

Just make sure the gates are closed before you begin, Mitch. lol   If you're going to release them. Oh, and no, fortifications don't work. They won't path to them because they can't path around them. However... Demons tend to stop at any doors they can find to pull them down, even if there are dwarves nearby. You might be able to use this to your advantage.

Oh cheers, I completely forgot about that. Good thing too, I was just about to release the HFS into the shooting gallery.

Oh, and if I had to make a mod, I might make a custom reaction to turn mugs into usable ammo, or something. And I'd make the butt end of pikes awesome. And I'd make Spawn come carrying steel bars (you know, so I feel like I'm gaining something more then days when I win a fight).

Artifact furniture is indestructable, so you can safely keep Building Destroyers in more or less stasis unless they spot an opponent.

OverlordTNT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: May 22, 2012, 05:04:32 am »

My theory on the existance of Spearbreakers(like there isn't enough bullshit about)

The lesser gods(randomly generated ones) were ashamed at leaving the mighty mountainhomes buried under obsidian. So they came back after three days, and dug away all the obsidian. They ransacked the breweries of the mountainhomes for seeds, and regrew plants all over the world. This attracted the attention of the Spawn(as Holistic is dead) and they promptly came back to fuck up the dwarves shit.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: May 22, 2012, 06:00:18 am »

My theory:

Tithleth still inhabits this rock and is now the Big Bad.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: May 23, 2012, 12:06:28 pm »

update?
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: May 23, 2012, 12:10:00 pm »

Doesn't look like, but that was probably the fastest deceleration from 'Frenzied Activity' to 'Completely Dead' that I've ever seen :\
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 23, 2012, 12:19:49 pm »

It'll pick back up when Mitch updates. He's busy, so we have to be patient. That's why we discuss things idly or try to spark interest in a future fortress to kill time.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: May 23, 2012, 02:19:40 pm »

Or troll politely to keep it near the front page.
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: May 23, 2012, 03:14:53 pm »

That too, as every bump helps try to draw in others to the fold.

EDIT: I just downloaded the Masterwork mod, and read the story contained within: The fall of The Hamlet of Tyranny.

And engraver by sheer luck at the end, had fallen onto a little stone ledge. After a giant clusterfuck ending with all the demons dead or basically resealed, Sil the engraver was the only one left. He engraved the following before bleeding out, as the only dwarf left and only witness to the great, though obviously phyrric victory:

What did he draw? Moments before he bled to death? Alone on a cliff? The last gesture of the dwarves of The Hamlet of Tyranny?

A masterwork picture of a demon and some dwarves. The demon was in a fetal position. The dwarves were laughing.

Basically as this fortress' final citizen, moments from death, he engraved a giant "Fuck you!!! We STILL Won!!!!" to all demonkind. I can only hope Spearbreakers gets to have a send-off like that.

Though I imagine ti'll be more like a bloody last stand in the main mess hall, or if Mitch is successful, a bloody last stand in hell itself.

The goblins knew they should fear dwarves now.... For these dwarves they had heard of fought to the bloody end, not in thier stone halls or on the surface, or cowering in a corner. They forced thier enemies to fight them in a place they had claimed as dwarven land. They forced them to fight in the very bowles of hell itself.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: May 23, 2012, 07:19:55 pm »

I'll try and update tonight, I have been far too distracted by League of Legends and Diablo 3's Hell difficulty.

Tomorrow, I'll dwarf everyone who needs it, set up a Spawn archery range (in lieu of a demon one, as someone else might want to open it), and see what I can do to make training go faster. Many have been training for a few months, and are only novice axedwarfs. Any ideas?

Oh, and I might have forgotten to mention in my update but a dwarf was killed by a murderous ghost. And Sus II stepped outside to pick up an -iron cock ring- instead of going down to hell, and got killed by goblins (of all things).
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 815