Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178204 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #1785 on: June 04, 2012, 01:16:25 am »

@Splint, Hanslanda:

Could we please not turn this into a 'who's-the-craziest-ass-motherfucker' contest? :/ It looks like it's heading in that direction.

Mostly because I'd lose, seeing as how I'm so squeaky-clean that it's actually physically nauseating.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: June 04, 2012, 01:19:53 am »

lol sorry. Just saying. Seems some of us may not be exaggerating our characters' mental instabilities.

And squeaky clean is better than a drunk who likes blowing shit up, a party girl, a wall flower, a generally apathetic jackass, and a murderous psycho being crammed into a small space.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: June 04, 2012, 01:23:53 am »

Noted Mr Frog. >.< And I'll probably expand Terrahex to be more disquieting in the next update, along with trying to get more dorfs worked in.
And it WAS nesting folders.
Wow, ninja'd.

It is seriously one thirty in the morning here. I'm going to post more tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:25:43 am by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: June 04, 2012, 01:27:41 am »

Can't wait man.

On an unrelated note, Trance music has an odd calming effect on the whole mess. ANYWAY

What will poor urist run into first? The disgruntled ex recruit Corai? Zapp branadorf Draignean? The other pikedorfs in general?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: June 04, 2012, 01:43:10 am »

And it WAS nesting folders.

Heeheehee. I do that a lot :3

On an unrelated note, Trance music has an odd calming effect on the whole mess. ANYWAY

Who needs trance music when you can have NICHE JAPANESE SHMUP MUSIC!?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: June 04, 2012, 01:46:46 am »

I fear clicking those. I don't know why.

And at last, someone else saw the horrible clusterfuck SPearbreakers became in a few short years (From what I understand Mitch didn't really add anything aside from a chimney fuck-up and spent the whole time fixing what the rest of us broke xD)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: June 04, 2012, 01:49:31 am »

They are links to Youtube videos of music tracks from a shoot-em-up series that I like :\  Really, do you think I'd be stupid enough to link to a shock site from here?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: June 04, 2012, 01:52:22 am »

No, usually when people link me music I get blasted with something I can't understand (and was unprepared for) or my eardrums blown out cause I wasn't warned on the volume.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: June 04, 2012, 01:53:18 am »

There's no lyrics, and it's not super-loud. Pretty standard video game music, I just like it for some reason.

And the discussion ends here, because this is silly :V

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: June 04, 2012, 01:54:34 am »

BKNHGBHJ

Sorry. I'm just abnormally figedity and talkitive right now. Dunno why.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: June 04, 2012, 01:55:52 am »

BKNHGBHJ

I THINK HE LIKES IT TOO YOU GUYS

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: June 04, 2012, 03:07:19 am »

Can't wait man.

What will poor urist run into first? The disgruntled ex recruit Corai? Zapp branadorf Draignean? The other pikedorfs in general?

All of the soldiers in a big group hug. I put them like that so they'd attack each other more often.

HEY LISTEN TO THIS TOO.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: June 04, 2012, 10:46:16 am »

So... So many links. Too little sleep. :)

Realization pt 2
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: June 04, 2012, 01:28:24 pm »

Sus III's Journal

This is a scrap of paper tucked under a pillow in a hospital bed. It has scribbling on it that appears to be written in dwarf blood. The text is rambling and delirious.

... another attempt to escape today. Must get away. Must get back to squad. They'll help me, I know they will. But the doctors... they took my armor. Must find armor.

... lost my strength again, fainting in the armory. Of course they found me, those ogres they call "orderlies". They dragged me back to this accursed place, and then my torturers were at it again, with their leeches, their bone saws, their scalpels, their traction... Gods, always with the traction. I must be taller than most humans by now, the way they yank and stretch my poor limbs. The pain is not even the worst thing about it; the worst is hearing my joints popping, my bones creaking like timbers under too much strain.

I can't take it any more. Must get away. Must find armor.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: June 04, 2012, 02:32:28 pm »

I will say this: Mitch did a good job fixing things up. It's still a hellhole, but it's a manageable one. Good news: I've been forced to use ASCII. I can do so, but I usually don't. In a fort this complex? Armok help us all.
It is possible to change tilesets, but since this fortress is modded it's not easy since you have to migrate the mods to the new tileset.
You need some basic tileset and modding knowledge to do this right and it could take a long time in a heavily modded game.
How long changing tilesets for Spearbreakers would take depends on what has been modded.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 815