Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2194022 times)

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #2040 on: June 21, 2012, 09:55:13 pm »

@Bukit: Always love some more updates. :) Also, your picture link appears broken to me.

try it now.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: June 21, 2012, 10:52:30 pm »

Fixed it. :) Nice.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: June 22, 2012, 02:19:33 am »

So now we'll have a crazy hillbilly chick squaring off against a devious bastard who's probably never been in an un'handicapped' fight since juniour high.

GENTLEMEN, PLACE YOUR BETS.

EDIT: So why didn't the amnesiacs take this time?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:21:32 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: June 22, 2012, 04:10:59 am »

I'd say they may have worked in reverse due to her already being in a nigh blank state mentally. Plus she's drunk some pretty strange things out of Dorf!Mr Frog's mugs when he wasn't looking, so there may be some biochemical things that happened that weren't intended.

And I'll be honest, I gotta put my money on the tree chopping hillbilly mechanic, though Mr Frog has the prototype chainsword, so it may even out since he can cut up whatever the hell he wants with it.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: June 22, 2012, 06:36:02 am »

So now we'll have a crazy hillbilly chick squaring off against a devious bastard who's probably never been in an un'handicapped' fight since juniour high.

GENTLEMEN, PLACE YOUR BETS.

EDIT: So why didn't the amnesiacs take this time?

THE HILLBILLY CHICK FOR 10,000 DORFBUCKS!
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: June 22, 2012, 07:52:09 am »

Hanslanda - Thanks for the compliment and encouragement. :) I'll get working on part 2 soon.

Bukitodinos - Nice sword, man. It's in post #2 now.

Mr Frog - The amnesiac didn't work because, as I said before,
I'm going to have to make a very, very interesting journal entry as to Talvi's missing cavies, and Mr Frog's attempt to give Talvi an extreme case of amnesia. I suspect that Talvi's brain is messed up too much for that to work. ;D To it's credit, it might bring her a step closer to it working - activate some of the dormant areas of her brain, perhaps. That might make for an interesting read... This ought to break her crush on Mr Frog, though.
She's still kind of messed up in the head, especially with all that stuff Mr Frog had her drink in his experiments - I'm betting definitely beyond any possibility of a total recovery at this point (unless Mr Frog mixes up something new to restore her senses, which Mr. Narrator says he had better not do >.> (I like Talvi better a bit crazy)). Right now, though, she's got enough back to want revenge of a sort on Mr Frog.

I'm surprised anybody would put their money on Talvi. Plus, I'm no fan of god modding, so there's really no chance you'll see Talvi chop up Mr Frog before he has a chance to react. :P

edit: Where's stormtemplar, by the way?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:59:16 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: June 22, 2012, 07:59:07 am »

Real life is an obstacle we all have. But he said next time he posted he'd have a decent updat or try to anyway.

I'd say Talvi probably has sheer brute force on her side. Mr Frog the dwarf doesn't exactly strike me as the physically imposing sort and Talvi's been chopping down trees for years along with making mechanisms, though I'll be fair Mr Frog is probably far from unable to o break someone's arm. Hell if they had to fight story wise it'd probably be two unarmored wierdos fighting with an axe and a handheld chainsaw..

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: June 22, 2012, 10:38:01 am »

I've actually got my money on Mr Frog. Chainsword>Axe. Also, he drinks carefully prepared poison to calm his nerves. But it will be very interesting to find out.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: June 22, 2012, 10:42:03 am »

Talvi's got brute force on her side, yes, but she also has the psychological advantage of being crazy... A crazy person is, in my opinion, a lot scarier than someone who's completely sane - largely because you have no clue what they'll do next. lol  Still, Mr Frog is a tall character, which I would take to mean he's no weakling, either, and in my opinion, chainsaws beat axes... It'd be a pretty fair fight, if Mr Frog didn't pull any tricks. (which he would. lol)
Oh, and Talvi isn't exactly agile.

Mr Frog - did the events in your most recent journal entry take place before or after those at the end of Hanslanda's story? Trying to make sure I have the chronology correct.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: June 22, 2012, 11:01:32 am »

Tall doesn't necessarily mean strong. I'm 6'1 (Like, 1.89 meters?) and I'm not very strong at all. And sane people have the advantage of rational thought. Like straitjackets. You can get out of a straitjacket quite easily if you're sane, unsedated, and not panicking. It all comes down to the situation of the combat between them and what kind of weapons/no weapons, preplanned tricks/surprise advantages come into play. :)
Sorry, I like theoretical fighting excercises.
He's fucking with us.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: June 22, 2012, 11:10:28 am »

Sorry, I like theoretical fighting excercises.

As do I. More importantly, I love a good debate. :D

True, tall doesn't necessarily mean strong. I knew of someone who was only four feet tall, but had grown up on his parent's farm carrying hay bales around. He had to defend himself once that I knew of and knocked his attacker more or less flat on his back. It was an interesting story.
Though - you don't have to be all that strong to use a chainsaw. You have to have some muscle mass - it's not like it could saw through anything effortlessly - but strength doesn't really come into play that much. I also doubt Mr Frog would use adamantine to make a prototype. What seems more likely is steel, since it's cheaper and probably easier to work.

That aside, if you weren't panicking and had fast reflexes, you could probably pretty easily take down a crazy person. It's a rare person that wouldn't panic, though, if they saw a very heavy and muscular crazy dwarf coming at them with an axe swinging. Plus, I'm not too sure dwarf Mr Frog's reflexes would be all that quick - especially if he's drunk most of the time. And Talvi has something to fight for, while Mr Frog just wants her out of the way.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: June 22, 2012, 11:11:59 am »

Or to just stay the hell out of his room xD

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: June 22, 2012, 11:12:45 am »

Lmao, Talvi isn't good at that. XD

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: June 22, 2012, 11:24:01 am »

Lol, good point about the reflexes and DorfFrog's habits. They are undoubtedly true. So now a good portion of how the fight goes will rest on whether or not Talvi surprises Frog, whether or not Frog panicks, and whether or not Frog has good reflexes.
I have to go to work, but I will continue my side of this debate around 10 tonight.
He's fucking with us.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: June 22, 2012, 11:58:44 am »

I have twice as much as this written out, but that seems far too much for a single post, so I'm only putting this down for now.

More from the Poorly Bound Journal

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:25:11 pm by Talvieno »
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 815