Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2199848 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #2385 on: July 04, 2012, 12:30:44 pm »

Oh, is that was that inexplicable 1-tile-wide passageway-to-nowhere spanning most of the fortress's vertical length was for? That's good; I was worrying that it actually did something.

I vividly remember loading up Mitchewawa's save and having no clue where anything was anymore or why the things I could find were even there at all. Keep in mind that it had only been three turns had passed since I last looked at it.

"To the left are the Spawn isolation chambers. Except for the second door on the left, which leads to Draignean's luxury suite. No, I don't know why. Anyways, isn't the Spawn's screeching just wonderful? We're trying to teach them to sing Christmas carols."

Also, I really like how the fact that we have multiple dwarves-turned-Spawn locked away within walking distance of the bedrooms has been mentioned maybe twice since my turn. I imagine the Spearbreakers dwarves are pretty desensitized by now.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 04, 2012, 12:33:07 pm »

Even if it doesn't say it, the screeching coupled with the general havoc they've endured probably means the inhabitants don't give a shit anymore. They've learned to tune out the screeching and they can't smell the barbarian blood anymore.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 04, 2012, 09:49:42 pm »

Urist stopped a dwarf, still amazed at this place. Urist asked, "Doesn't the smell and the screeching bother you?"
The dwarf looked at him strangely, "What smell? What screeching?"

Oh, is that was that inexplicable 1-tile-wide passageway-to-nowhere spanning most of the fortress's vertical length was for? That's good; I was worrying that it actually did something.

I vividly remember loading up Mitchewawa's save and having no clue where anything was anymore or why the things I could find were even there at all. Keep in mind that it had only been three turns had passed since I last looked at it.

"To the left are the Spawn isolation chambers. Except for the second door on the left, which leads to Draignean's luxury suite. No, I don't know why. Anyways, isn't the Spawn's screeching just wonderful? We're trying to teach them to sing Christmas carols."

Also, I really like how the fact that we have multiple dwarves-turned-Spawn locked away within walking distance of the bedrooms has been mentioned maybe twice since my turn. I imagine the Spearbreakers dwarves are pretty desensitized by now.

All of this.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 04, 2012, 09:51:49 pm »

Someone lives!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 04, 2012, 10:00:13 pm »

So you think. I'm actually a lich.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 04, 2012, 10:03:34 pm »

You know if alot of people play a fortress after they make thier adventurers necros or vampires they fucked themselves a little bit.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 04, 2012, 10:04:52 pm »

You know if alot of people play a fortress after they make thier adventurers necros or vampires they fucked themselves a little bit.

... Because then a superbadass vamp-necro will immigrate and mess stuff up?
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 04, 2012, 10:06:02 pm »

That or turn out to be the necro sieging you.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 04, 2012, 10:10:26 pm »

That or turn out to be the necro sieging you.
Does not happen sadly. I wish it did, I would love to fight off a kobold necromancer with a bunch of bandit zombies.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 04, 2012, 10:19:17 pm »

If you got a big enough zombie army before retiring you probably will.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: July 04, 2012, 11:13:01 pm »

I'll rework the total time needed for a turn when I can think clearly. Also, any ideas on what Ecem's recon team should do next? Destroy a research section? Kill some important researcher?

Ninja'd: Hans, what I'm shocked by is how bad it got in such a short time. Has anyone else seen a fort become this big a clusterfuck in so short a time?

Oh, and I think Ecem's team should continue exploring the ruins and have some !!fun!! mishaps.
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 04, 2012, 11:14:41 pm »

Well they've already stolen things and found what they're supposed to as far as they go... I suppose I could have some other contractors snoop around the ruins....

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 04, 2012, 11:24:17 pm »

Just start writing and let the story unfold naturally. :)
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 04, 2012, 11:25:36 pm »

That's just it. i accident;y wrote myself into a corner here... I don't know where to go that doesn't result in complete fucking up of everything.... Except for one idea involving Mr Frog and blueprints.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: July 04, 2012, 11:27:45 pm »

That's just it. i accident;y wrote myself into a corner here... I don't know where to go that doesn't result in complete fucking up of everything.... Except for one idea involving Mr Frog and blueprints.

How can you do that? This is Spearbreakers, the continuity here is: 'Did it happen? YES. But these things all conflict and make no sense together. Yes. That wasn't... Wat. Yes.'
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 815