Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2193138 times)

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #2460 on: July 07, 2012, 08:19:56 am »

on a side note why the hell are high boots foreign?
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: July 07, 2012, 09:28:47 am »

heres a sugestion: make a dwarven-shitton of wheelbarrows and asign  3 to each and every stockpile.
and get us some miners.

also, my dwarf never had a custom name, i just had his job title changed. as it is not listed, he is dead or some supervisor changed it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: July 07, 2012, 09:52:46 am »

This shouldn't be updated to need wheelbarrows. And sorry about that guys. Fell asleep before I finished my next segemnt. Gonna finish it then post.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: July 07, 2012, 09:58:17 am »

it was on mine. ug.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: July 07, 2012, 10:24:34 am »

The main reson is that we really can't afford it now. Not with our yearly mug making tradtion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not great, but I can at least work further from this. AGain, if I broke your character that was my bad Mr Frog.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: July 07, 2012, 11:05:14 am »

it's already on 34.08.. the save doesn't run in 34.07.....
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: July 07, 2012, 11:06:17 am »

You have to be fucking kidding me. Welp that makes our miners suddenly not valuable anymore except as emergency troops. And whoever updated the save past .07, I hate you. The fort wasn't built with updates past that in mind.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

I thought that had been made clear several times.  ???
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont recall it being stated anywhere we were updating into the new hauling crap. The fortress isn't designed with those updates in mind, and if anyone makes anything related to them, I will find your dwarf, and atomsmash them along with all of said hauling gear.

I am not pleased right now, and quite frankly I am extremly pissed off. Don't tell me to calm down because that will have the opposite effect. I was certain that this was to remain pre hauling horseshit, because we were too far gone to implement it with the current layout. If it isn't clear, I greatly dislike what miners have become now, from a vital asset that is blow to any fort to lose, to a fishery worker with a tool. The debates end here. I am pissed off and I will downgrade that if I am at all able to.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Hey, just popping back in for a sec while I can...

Splint, I agree with the turn length limitation, but I'd aim for two weeks, possibly three. The main thing is the delay between updates, I think - just like Mr Frog said, if I caught that right (I'm skim-reading. :( I know, I'm bad).

Also, yeah, it was mentioned earlier during Mitch's turn that it was possible it was updated to 34.08. I outlined a few things Stormtemplar could do to make the hauling changes work, too, I think. And miners are still important. :-\ Not sure what you mean by saying they aren't... Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, Spearbreakers isn't doomed (any more than it always is, lol). There's a nice place for a minecart hauling ramp near the central stair shaft, leading right up to the workshops (if you dodge a  couple things, like Simon Tam's rooms). The hauling changes also mean you won't have to completely forget all the armor outside - when it's all clear, you can send out a few dwarves with bins. In the long run, it might actually make things easier.

Also, I would update to 34.11, since we're past 34.07. bug fixes, you know. I would've rather kept it at 34.07 too, but unless we want to undo Mitch's turn (and possibly Sus's?) I don't think there's much we can do besides try to adapt. :-\
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:50:19 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It used to be an ore vien wouldnt be allowed to have an unskilled miner even touch it. NOw the only benefit they give is speed and quite frankly I don't care about speed. It's like having a fish cleaner who's good at his job. No real befit, he just does it faster.

And now I know next game I start, to explicitaly state DO NOT UPDATE IT PAST THIS VERSION IF RADICAL CHANGES HAPPEN TO GAME.

I'm sorry I flipped out but I'm still extremly pissed off. And because I don't know what version we're using anymore, The title stays. And whoever did it, You volunteered to fight the legions of hell with a training pike and leather armor. And if it isn't obvious, I'm in a fairly fragile state of mind right now (I think I'm finally coming out of my slump after months but little shit like this is going to fucking send me into a frothing rage.)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Well, I can understand Splint being PO'd, seeing as how that was a pretty major thing that was disregarded.

Fortunately, I've been playing 34.11 for a bit now and the only major change I've had to make was putting stone piles right next to mason's shops and building wheelbarrows for stone piles (which I guess is karma for stone pots usurping wooden barrels). I managed to get the materials for a 54z magma pump stack from a single magnetite deposit with quite a bit left over (though being able to carve blocks specifically from magma-safe stone helped), so I don't foresee material shortages or any serious disruption to the fortress's workings.

EDIT: Seconding updating directly to 34.11. Bugfixes.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:31:56 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if its not faster then you go batshitcrazy waiting for rooms to be dug out.
plus, make enough wheelbarrows for EACH stockpile to have THREE!
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We shouldn't need wheelbarrows, because we shouldn't have been updated. And each stockpile? WE DIDNT EVEN NEED A STONE PILE!!! AGain, I'm sorry but I am currently in nerdrage mode, so lets stop talking about the hauling shit before I punch my screen.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just glad it wasn't me :-S
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 815