Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2193143 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Splint was pleased with writing a story lately. He had a fine drink lately. He has been irritated by the sun lately. He madea satisfying aquisition lately. He stopped caring about continuity snarls recently. He has regained a small measure of sanity recently. He lost soldiers named after friends to tragedy recently. He suffered a savage mug-beating recently.

Corai has been pleased recently, he has seen pure win recently. He has taken joy in other's distaste. He has done insane things in PMs recently. He has done this wrong recently.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

... I'm somewhat less and somewhat more confused now.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm all caught up with the stories and incidentally of the opinion that we desperately need to share our story notes with each other occasionally, in light of the fact that we seemingly, impossibly, have more distinct canons than authours :V
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay. I'll go first:

Story of Urist
Uh...
Start writing.
? ? ?
Profit.

Story of Hans
Start writing
? ? ?
Profit.

What are story notes?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Better yet, who cares? :D
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile

I waa getting animated corpses my framerate fluctuates between 50 and 37 dependign on how much shit is trying to kill other shit ;-) (mostly)

as to what i'm running
ASUS G73JH with a ATI Radeaon 5680 12 GB ram and an i7-740 ;-) shame df isn't written for multicore machines eh?
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

It's not written for multicore machines because multicore machines didn't exist when this was first being written. What you can do is massively overclock one core to within an inch of its life and have a great cooling setup, and set DF's processor affinity to that core, and its priority to High.

That way you should get ~300 dwarves running at 70-100fps comfortably. It'd cost you money in electricity though!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to add multithreading to the list of things that we please do not bring up.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile

TO LATE :-P
anyways revamping the smithing industry atm (have gotten 1 armorsmith to legendary he is busy banging out adamantine armor atm, much to fishers delight, i can see her zippign back and forth from the danger room to the forges and back lol, sorry splint but i think i'm buildign a backlog of enormous proportions (so far there are about 450 pieces of armor to be made, pray i don't get to the clothing industry before the year is up ;-), as it is you seem to have trouble approving the managers orders at the rate that i give them...) I think you can just sit back and enjoy my commands rattle through LOL although you may have to get someone to mine more ores....
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Well my intended training force rework obviously will be unneeded (Desperate times and all, hence danger rooms. Ordinarily I'd be against them, but given our.... Circumstances I'll allow it.) BUt I'll take care of reequipping and reorganizing everything I must.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

as to what i'm running
ASUS G73JH with a ATI Radeaon 5680 12 GB ram and an i7-740 ;-) shame df isn't written for multicore machines eh?

I take solace in the probability that your i7 isn't a Sandy Bridge architecture :P Also, why are you running an ATI card while playing dwarf fortress? NVIDIA cards historically have had better OpenGL support.

You have 450 pieces if armor made? Jeez you work fast...

What are story notes?

Remember back in English Comp when you had to make outlines? Kinda like that.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First letter from Urist to Baron *This word written here is illegible, smudged out by blood* 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What are story notes?

Remember back in English Comp when you had to make outlines? Kinda like that.

I was joking. :P I know what story notes are. I just don't have any for this stuff.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:51:31 am by Hanslanda »
He's fucking with us.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

Ah okay :D

And what's wrong with our mugs? I like our mugs :-[
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To Urist, pretty much the fact that the mugs are approaching critical mass is what's wrong with them.
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I think that's everyone who survives to make it here's reactiopn: WHY ARE THERE SO FUCKING MANY MUGS!?
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 815