Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196927 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mr. Frog, you are the rainbow factory.

-EIDT-

Yes, I will keep putting that . in your name.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:57:23 am by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

First that tinychat clusterfuck of insanity, and now this... My god. Its spreading like wildfire. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I won't lie Hans. I feel like me and Corai brainraped you.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Mr. Frog, you are the rainbow factory.

Not sure whether that's a compliment or a subtle implication that I shoot multicoloured lasers out of my eyes, but thank you either way.

@Splint:

Smurf in my first post, asari in my second post, You-Know-What in the third... at this rate, I'll have a good fraction of the entire fictional multiverse semi-crossed-over by the time I'm done :V

@Hansie:

Aww crap, was I supposed to follow the link Splint PM'd me? :-\ I don't know why, my brain just didn't make the connection between 'guy sends me link' and 'guy wants me to click through link' :V
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it's still viable if me and corai can find our links.... We were discussing the game I'm planning out and it veered into.... general wierdness, I'll leave it at that.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rainbow Factory, pegasi kidnap ponies from the ground. Take them there, break their bones. Cut them open then take their color to make into rainbows.

So a compliment!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GENERAL WEIRDNESS was sufficen enough to explain thingst kobold.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Incidentally, try mousing over "You-Know-What" in my previous post. I only just learned how to do that :D
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

@Mr Frog: That would only be logical, but this is Spearbreakers, where logic dictates you must add a mug to all equations.

Well it's still viable if me and corai can find our links.... We were discussing the game I'm planning out and it veered into.... general wierdness, I'll leave it at that.

This is an incredibly drastic understatement.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would only be logical, but this is Spearbreakers, where logic dictates you must add a mug to all equations.

I nominate this as a quote as well.

So who's up for a tinychat discussion on that game?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...What the bloody hell happened at that meetup..?

E: Not me, too tired and irritable right now.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Combine Me and Corai, MLP, and grimdark. With poor hans just... stuck there in the middle of it all. That's where it went.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, how's this for the TVTropes article (raw markup, so don't mind the PMWiki formatting):

Spearbreakers is a DwarfFortress LetsPlay conducted on the Bay 12 Forums. It began with the ambitious goal of being the first epic fortress of 34.xx, featuring the return of Syrupleaf's [[EldritchAbomination Spawn of Holistic]] and encouraging players to participate in storytelling.

What followed was a chaotic mess of mismanagement, hypercompetent management, Spawn getting stuck on ledges, hundreds and hundreds of mugs accidentally being produced for no reason, serial medical malpractice, zombie sieges of apocalyptic proportions, and lots and lots of fanfiction, ranging in subject matter from a humble caravan guard accidentally averting the apocalypse to [[GenreShift a convoluted science-fiction plot involving planeshifting agents of corrupt interdimensional research corporations and an extremist fringe group spearheaded by a megalomaniac trying to take them down]].

Short, but I think it gets the point across.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There we go. I may have failed epically but hey, I tried.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I changed the article. I'll trope it up properly in a bit, too tired right now. Might be good to post a link in the OP so that others can come in with the Wiki Magic.

The only real problem was that you kind of rambled a bit, which was exacerbated by the complete lack of a trope index (which made the writeup seem even longer). Basically, I think a trope article should just give the reader an objective description of what something is and leave it at that.
You also didn't really follow the proper structure for a works page, but I can't really blame you for that.

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 815