Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2195028 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #2955 on: July 16, 2012, 03:48:37 am »

They can only be killed in three ways Mr Frog. They aren't truely underpowered.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: July 16, 2012, 03:50:51 am »

Did Turkey get around to euthanizing Ash and Softa? I'll be very sad if he did ;_;
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: July 16, 2012, 03:52:22 am »

I hope not. i'm still messing around on adventure mode but the save is plugged in and ready.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: July 16, 2012, 03:56:15 am »

If yes, then I'm sure dorf!Splint can be persuaded to... er... prepare some new test subjects. For science. And if that goody-goody bastard Mr Frog asks, it was an accidental exposure, comprends-tu?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: July 16, 2012, 04:09:59 am »

it was 15 spawn, vs 40 military dwarves, it was essentially a case of the spawn trying to hit one dwarf and gettign 3 or so pikes stuck in them whilst tryign to do so (see pics in the post) so yeah they aren't underpowered, but 1v1 they loose out against any of our melee military dwarves (again see pics)

ashabar and softa are still alive but the lever pull is actioned and fisher is stationed - on a side note why are we keepign them? the BERSERK reading pissed me off every time i checked the units screen ;-)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:13:30 am by Paintbrushturkey »
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: July 16, 2012, 04:17:31 am »

They've become ingrained in this place's atmosphere. That's why.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: July 16, 2012, 04:25:28 am »

exactly i think engraining them into the walls of their cells with the help of fisher's pike would be even more fun :-) (that and i wanted to see fisher tantrum)

AND JUST FOR THE RECORD (just took that now so it has ashabar and softa on it but.... just ignore all the 207 kills ;-))

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:27:48 am by Paintbrushturkey »
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: July 16, 2012, 04:27:27 am »

We keep them because of their fabulous singing voices. And because it's funny to dump small animals in through the feeding tubes.

Yeah, 15 on 40 sounds about right for the Spawn getting hammered... in my balancing tests, the Spawn could be beaten pretty easily if greatly-outnumbered, though even-ish fights typically ended very badly for the dwarves and outnumbered dwarves were uniformly curbstomped.

Also: Are you insane!? You do not pass off a fortress with an active lever order >:V That's literally one station-canceling gaffe away from Urist cancels Live: Interrupted by Holistic Spawn x80

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: July 16, 2012, 04:29:59 am »

Mea Culpa - would be entertaining though, can't make it to easy for splint though, he'd get bored

PS just checked I suspended the lever order before i passed it off so all good

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: July 16, 2012, 04:31:33 am »

Still, I lol'd inside upon seeing that Fischer has killed the same goblin so many times that s/he's probably gotten bored of it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: July 16, 2012, 04:32:22 am »

Man I had a beautiful fortress in it's 12th year. i don't care if it gets boring. For some derranged reason I legitamatly want to keep thopse little bastards safe and happy. Even if they are just pixels.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: July 16, 2012, 04:36:12 am »

yeah that gobbo is tenacious, personally i'd have just staked it to the ground, but regrettably that's not an option in DF
See Splint my dwarves are in trouble if i don't have stuff to kill ;-)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: July 16, 2012, 06:53:44 am »

@Splint: Yay, skulkers got mentioned by Dwarf!Splint. :D I is proud.
@Hans: that was incredible. :D I'm nominating it for decoration in the second post - does anyone want to second that? And I'm going to start on my side soon.

Question: you mentioning chains has gotten my "so new i don't know what can't be done" brain wondering: can you make/mod whips out of chains? and include spikes on the tip? Like a long range mini flail.
Sounds like the main weapon in God of War. Blades of Chaos, anyone? I'd love to mod this in... (go find a youtube video of God of War if you don't know what it is, seriously.)

Haven't gotten a chance to read PBT's final post, but I will at some point. I need to get the save posted, though, so if someone could send me a link, that'd be much appreciated.

I hate missing out on chat with you guys. :(
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: July 16, 2012, 07:07:50 am »

Xahnel cancels Send PM; Phone too Screwy. Yep, it's official, my phone nearly snapped it's operating system in two last night, and now i can't push a button to attempt writing a PM. Unless someone PM's me, this is literally the only way i can say anything. I see you guys did things while i was asleep. Gotta reeeaaad... Splint STILL hasn't messaged me in any way... And hello talvieno! ... Xahnel cancels Read More Posts: Too Sleepy.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:11:01 am by Xahnel »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: July 16, 2012, 11:12:56 am »

Sorry man, SOmething went screwy with the email. I'll send you the detail on here and you can check them out on a computer.

EDIT: Now some loose references to a private clustefuck, and introducing the source of the name Splint within this and many other worlds is coming, and will correlate to a horrific battle soon to come, as I am juggling writing and playing right now. Also Paintbrush, you seemed to have become rather pissiy fighting zombies all day. GOing to have to deactivate you so you can complain.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 815