Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178349 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs.
« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2012, 12:01:46 am »

Then it begins... The beginning of the end. The last of the great champions of the Spawn Wars have fallen from the throne - it is now up to their successors, as brilliant as they may be, to pick up the torch, and continue onwards in the bold name of Spearbreakers! Undaunted by the devilry that the dastardly demons disseminate dwarfwards, the daring dissidents of dawn, daring to die, desperately digging downwards in the end, distracting death with double doses of delicate devices, daring not to dreamily doze, distraught by dementia's deeds!

This is Spearbreakers, which the demons do not destroy.

Epic.

And this crossed my mind, a sort of odd version of the Thermopylae epitaph:
"Tell the world,
merchants passing by,
that in accordance to our fortress' laws,
with our broken spears we lie."

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 06, 2012, 12:13:45 am »

Well, Splint, are we putting the saves in the thread, like Mr Frog said? I think I suggested that before, but you didn't like the idea. (also, I'm starting to feel weird using any words that contain the letter "d"... D-shock, if you will.)

Also, that's a pretty good poem... But Spearbreakers hasn't fallen yet. :)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 06, 2012, 12:15:33 am »

might as well. If you don't mind Frog, you shall be the save keeper.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 06, 2012, 01:47:39 am »

loving the deranged corporation angle. Also, I had an idea for a new weapon: Mug rifle. It shoots mugs.
This.

Somehow I missed this. What is it, a sniper rifle that shoots mugs?

"Okay, now, I'm going to blink the musk ox's lights three times and drive it around the corner to in front of the depot. The blinking is your signal that we need to get out. By that point I want you, Umol and Suglik already done with getting the human's goods into bags, and anything made of candy you can grab."
"Uhhhh... Do we need to take hostages?"
"We've been over this, and yes!!! Take one per person, dwarves only (elves if available), use them as living shields. It'll help keep us safe from the pikesdwa-"
CLUNK
-thud-
"Huhhhh, I guess that means no hostages. duh... okay, let's do this!"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 06, 2012, 03:55:07 am »

Sure. Either way, it'd make making mugs both economical tradwise and make the mountains of the damn things useful!

I can just imagine every dwarf having a huge pile of mugs littered about thier rooms.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 06, 2012, 04:03:53 am »

Pretty sure we could make some sweet instruments using mugs. Just imagine 50 idlers banging their mugs down on tables in symphony!
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 06, 2012, 04:16:38 am »

Pretty sure we could make some sweet instruments using mugs. Just imagine 50 idlers banging their mugs down on tables in symphony!
Spearbreakers: Defying convention the following ways
1. Mug Orchestra
2. Mug-based artillary.
3. Mug-based currency.
4. Mug rifles.
5. Mug-based trade.
6. Mugs. Mugs EVERYWHERE.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 06, 2012, 05:20:19 am »

I'd probably have to wait a bit before compiling saves, seeing as how I desperately need to step away from this thing for a bit after I'm done (the last 2+ weeks of my life have been entirely DF and Spawn and Spearbreakers with the occasional brief Tales of the Abyss break). I'll probably just need a few days, but a few days is all I need to flake and then "a few days" will probably end up turning into "a few weeks" :p

I was sort of picturing something like a mughammer.

You mug the manamaid in the head with the mug of your *slade mughammer*, shattering the skull, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been severed!

The manamaid has been knocked unconscious!
The manamaid has been struck down.

I've gotten a bit done on the writeup (wow, I've said that a lot). I swear to Armok, I will get this last update finished and put up tomorrow even if I have to alter time to make it so >:(

'ω'
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 06, 2012, 05:30:12 am »

Hrmm......
Ok, Talvieno, you up for Save keeper?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 06, 2012, 05:38:17 am »

Hrmm......

If he does, I'll be happy to take over for him when I get back. It's not really fair to make him keep a list for everything :p

BTW, I'd like to nominate Talvieno's little 'D' alliteration thingy for the quotes section. And point out that Dorf!Mr Frog's 3rd transmission still hasn't been added to the stories list (although I suppose that could be on purpose; I did have to whine a bit to get the first two added :p).
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 06, 2012, 05:46:05 am »

Hrmm......

If he does, I'll be happy to take over for him when I get back. It's not really fair to make him keep a list for everything :p

BTW, I'd like to nominate Talvieno's little 'D' alliteration thingy for the quotes section. And point out that Dorf!Mr Frog's 3rd transmission still hasn't been added to the stories list (although I suppose that could be on purpose; I did have to whine a bit to get the first two added :p).

If he's keeping tabs on things he probably hasn't gotten around to it.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 06, 2012, 12:24:25 pm »

Spearbreakers: Defying convention the following ways
1. Mug Orchestra
2. Mug-based artillary.
3. Mug-based currency.
4. Mug rifles.
5. Mug-based trade.
6. Mugs. Mugs EVERYWHERE.
There's a few different things you both forgot.
  • Mug-based clothing (preferably socks)
  • Mug-based artificial flavoring (beer flavored, of course)
  • Mug-based crops (because why the hell not)
  • Engravings of depictions of mugs (very artistic)
  • Mug cabochons (perfect for those mug artifacts)

Mr Frog (I remembered the lack of a period, don't stick wooden splinters under my fingernails again, please), the slade mug warhammer might work... If you could get close enough to use it.  ;)

Hrmm......
Will do. I'll put the save at the end of each line. I'll need Mr Frog's, and I'll have to dig through my PMs a bit til I find the other two. No sense in not keeping a running record for those who follow it.

'D' alliteration thingy will be in the quotes shortly, and I'll get your #3 up there, as I promised... But anything after this has to be nominated. :P

Can't wait to read the update, and to have it passed on to Draignean. Draignean, I hope you're ready... It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 06, 2012, 03:37:41 pm »

There's a few different things you both forgot.
  • Engravings of depictions of mugs (very artistic)
I wouldn't be surprised if these occurred naturally. There's bound to be more than a few masterworks in that goddamn 600+ mug pile.
Besides, the poor sod who's been making nothin' but mugs for years on end is probably traumatized enough to engrave a billion pictures of himself making mugs.
Can't wait to read the update, and to have it passed on to Draignean. Draignean, I hope you're ready... It's going to be a bumpy ride.
...so, business as usual at Spearbreakers? :P After all, we already have not one but two Spawn mascots. And mugs. Over six hundred mugs.
This is going to be epic.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 06, 2012, 04:05:28 pm »

But anything [...] has to be nominated.

I think you should probably emphasize that you're only going to put up things if people tell you to; there's been plenty of cool stuff posted, but nobody's spoken up :-\

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 06, 2012, 04:59:29 pm »

But anything [...] has to be nominated.

I think you should probably emphasize that you're only going to put up things if people tell you to; there's been plenty of cool stuff posted, but nobody's spoken up :-\
Taken care of... Hopefully. We just need nominations and people who are willing to dig through the awesome pages of this thread. :D (assuming we're going after the "plenty of cool stuff posted" that you spoke of.)
Also, as keeper of the records, I'm going to attempt to refrain from nominating people, myself... Just to be fair.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 815