Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2193084 times)

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3210 on: July 20, 2012, 12:31:06 am »

I have reviewed Rose's journal, and did my best to make it wittier. British-ly wittier. I hope you guys get some laughs out of it. Now, before my phone gives out, i wanted to ask about the Spearbreakers special pike. I'm having trouble setting a good scene. Anyone got any advice on good sprite based games with high quality mediavel battle scenes? And maybe dwarf sprites?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: July 20, 2012, 12:32:34 am »

Battle for wesnoth?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: July 20, 2012, 01:33:46 am »

Well I'm formally requesting you guys allow me to fastdwarf the clean up. I really don't wanna do this but this is more so the place is cleaned up than anything. When the caravans arrive I plan on selling of or offering as much as possible just to get rid of it. Except the mugs. We need those.

I'm honestly disgusted by asking, but I ask for pity on this. If/when invaders show up I'll click it off as needed to keep things fair.

Oh and Stausic may loose his mind soon because some of his masterworks may have been slated to be tossed because they were left outside. Oh well.

NONO OH YOU DON'T, I sacrificed a good part of my turn because dwaves were hauling refuse to be dumped, if we cheat with the cleaning we might as well not have bothered starting the fort, It's an oversight of previous overseers that have not cleaned up after themselves, once we have cleaned the place up it will be easier to maintain, until then suck it up....

also there is a garbage dump near the dining room (f2), it doesn't lead into magma, you may want to fix that
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: July 20, 2012, 01:34:31 am »

Xaxah! I was worried that I'd chased you out :V

The only sprite-based game I've played that has both a medieval setting and pretty sprite art is Final Fantasy Tactics. The original had a pretty subdued style to its sprites IIRC, which should work pretty well for this setting. FFT didn't have dwarves, though :-\ It may be possible to hack something together, make the legs shorter or something.

If you're spriting individual characters (which I interpreted your post as meaning for some reason), I could provide a drawing of my dude so that there's at least an official design for him... I'm not much of an artist, though, so don't expect anything fancy.

E: @Paintbrush: The deed's been done already, sadly :( You have a good point, but I don't bet that Splint made a backup before pressing the nuclear cleanup button.

You can bet that any succession fort I make will have a big fat sign in radioactive yellow comic sans text ordering Overseers to clean up their messes, though. Leaving 4+ years of carnage for one guy to clean up is a shitty move.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:39:40 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: July 20, 2012, 01:37:20 am »

also i changed the standing orders to dump any unusable bodypart so that will help to keep the fortress maintained
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: July 20, 2012, 01:40:21 am »

also i changed the standing orders to dump any unusable bodypart so that will help to keep the fortress maintained

...You can do that!?

*cries*
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: July 20, 2012, 01:42:10 am »

Yeah you're too late Paintbrush. I went the autodump rough into that closeset thing you made. 15~ FPS gain. GOnna sift out the usefull bits and make some more bins and trash compact the rest.

Plus there's still a severed goblin head roaming around. Too lazy to kill it sop I locked it behind a door.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: July 20, 2012, 01:45:56 am »

Plus there's still a severed goblin head roaming around. Too lazy to kill it sop I locked it behind a door.

Don'tkillitdon'tkillitdon'tkillit hahaha yes we have another mascot it's Bob the Bouncing Head

Wait... you mean we got an FPS boost even though you didn't actually destroy the items? ??? Weird.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: July 20, 2012, 01:49:08 am »

It's probably because they're all in one place as opposed to scattered everywhere. My machine seems to drag as items scatter and speed up as they get concentrated. Only needs to know one place or something I guess.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: July 20, 2012, 02:01:40 am »

it's because they are behind a locked door, so warves won't try to path through them, nor will there be any requests or checks other than graphics related stuff, but there will be no processor trouble, also what fps are you running at splint? i always was between 30 and 50 so wasn't that bad...

PS: is that the one that is stuck in the tree?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: July 20, 2012, 02:08:34 am »

Dunno, but it was taking far longer than usual for shit to get done. And no, it somehow got into where the FROGs are stationed and killed two watch animals in a row.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: July 20, 2012, 08:39:59 am »

... you know leaving the fortress guard on duty would fix that issue....

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: July 20, 2012, 10:57:19 am »

And kill the bouncing head. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: July 20, 2012, 11:03:49 am »

well yeah there is that, too, and you'd get an early warning from ambushes again, on a side note connect the two trade depot towers with a 3 wide floor and place some grates in it then designate some stations , that way we have a warning system (IEDS FROG SPAWN or whatever it's called) at that entrance , too

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: July 20, 2012, 11:05:15 am »

FROGs everywhere! We've got four or five entrances, why not four or five early warning systems!
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 815