Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2200391 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3390 on: July 24, 2012, 06:09:58 pm »

So, let me get what you are saying in a 1 2 3 fashion.

1.Barbarians fleeing
2.Spawn zergrush invasion
3.Necromancer zombie apocalypse?

I approve of this.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: July 24, 2012, 06:17:00 pm »

So, let me get what you are saying in a 1 2 3 fashion.

1.Barbarians fleeing
2.Spawn zergrush invasion
3.Necromancer zombie apocalypse?

I approve of this.

#3 only will happen if by some miracle the spawn are driven back.  Otherwise while necros may be able to fight off the spawn in small numbers using chokepoints such as doorways, there will be too many spawn to take all at once, leaving the necromancers trapped in their towers unable to reach enough corpses to change that fact, doomed to slowly starve to death.  But beyond that, yeah, thats about right.
edit: By the way, there is the question of what, exactly, is the cause behind this.  I doubt this is in the interest of Parasol, Ballpoint, or Joseph.  That alone is very worrying.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:23:33 pm by soulslicerjames »

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: July 24, 2012, 06:23:42 pm »

Problem: Zombies.

Solution? Walls.

Given enough time and resources, i would build a huge wall encompassing the map. Then again, i am a coward when it comes to games like this. I play attrition style, claiming what i need, and locking up tight to prepare for my next move. Then i charge, seize more things, and lock back down. It's my (winning) Dungeon Keeper strategy.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: July 24, 2012, 06:25:31 pm »

i think i know why Ballpoint and/or Stone INC is messing around near Spearbreakers. Parasoll is screwing around with them and they are testing things so a malfunction dosent screwup there home universes. OR Stone INC is trying to mop up the HS under a contract. SPOILER IS STONE INC.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
to those who ninjaed me 4 times, IDK.
spellcheck on google chrome dosent work with spoilers or the like.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: July 24, 2012, 06:32:26 pm »

I'll just remind everyone, Everoc is the continent the great tales of old hail from, brought to a larger continent to the west by seafaring merchants. After the fall of Syrupleaf (I based this bit off of the accounts of visits to the ruins) most of the continent that was Everoc was left a barren hellscape, the humans of the coast on that land being the only survivors. As they had not the supplies or tools to make the journey west, these fishermen and undersupplied merchants stayed, eventually settling in the mountains high above the spawn infested plains and vallies.

When they got the chance, using cavern wood and captured foreign ships, they fled thier home, corrupted from humans into the blackhided and magically inert barbarians of the east we now know. Yes, the Global Coalition saw these strangers as not but pillagers and slavers, but at the time they had a far worse problem with the rise of the fanged ones. Thus the barbarians eeked out a small empire for themselves in the mountains along the coast, enslaving, killing, or displacing the humans  and dwarves there. However, they stopped thier conquest and turned back to the sea to meet thier persuers, deciding that this new land didn't deserve the horror following them and thus tried to stem the demonic tide alone, resulting in the barbarians eventually being reduced to fractious raiding bands around the time the vampires were nearly exterminated.

The dwarves, with thier damned pride, viewed this as just another nusiance that needed nothing but raw dwarven might to be crushed, with Spearbreakers being one of many fortresses to be established  by monarchial order as training ground to raise new armies to fight this new string of enemies. Humans, goblins, and elves likewise decided they could crush those that met them alone, and the Global Coalition disbanded, resulting in the wars and other politics we currently suffer, with each nation bearing great military strength, but not enogh to stamp out the spawn alone, and none of them wish to share the glory.

As a result there are countless battles being waged in this new massive continent (we're just along the  northern coast!) many heros like our poor auxillia member Sus, become forgetten quickly, while necromancers see these wars aas a chance to either make a name and an empire for themselves, or in some cases simply regain thier right to live amongst thier fellows again by turning thier undead armies on the invaders or other necromancers.

This has become a world of heroes, human, goblin, elf, necromancer, dwarf, and barbarian, all forgotten in the winds of war. Remember this:

For every warrior that recieves a battle honor, becomes a great lord, or passes into legend, thousands more die unmourned and unremembered. And yet those unknown warriors fight on, knowing that no statues will rise, no poems will be written, or songs will be sung for them.

And in a short time, nearly all forgotten. Even our own heroes, when this fortress falls, will be quickly left behind, with only the ruins of Lokumokab as proof they were ever real.

-Sorry, been up 24 hours so this isn't the best peice of writing/informing.

So basically Spearbreakers has become Warhammer 40k in Dwarf Fortress.

Mission fucking Accomplished, Splint. Mission accomplished.

I approve of this.

@ Asea- Another force of legend, thier few accounts being the only proof they were real in the past.... I myself have a story of a legend I want to share as well. But that's for another time.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: July 24, 2012, 06:38:26 pm »

right.
i ment that it was in a seperate universe.
Highly Opinionated Fool

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: July 24, 2012, 06:50:16 pm »

Looking at my recent revelations, I still find this the scariest part:
just by connecting the dots already present, I accidentally created a new faction or entity, probably at least as powerful as any other side in this conflict, that has managed to completely hide itself from EVERY OTHER side, and seems to be trying to end all civilization for goals that cannot be guessed at.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that's the scariest part of all this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: July 24, 2012, 06:58:41 pm »

Stone INC has been around a while. i just haven't DONE anything. lack of scanner.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: July 24, 2012, 07:05:00 pm »

These are the things that build an epic story for any fort: the throwaway lines that take on a new life and steer the story in new directions.

Also, Mr Frog, when you get on, send me a text or a pm (text preferred, because my phone will notify me) and we can try to figure out how Rose could fit in to dorf!Mr Frog's story.

EDIT: So, yeah. I seem to have killed the conversation...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:46:48 pm by Xahnel »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: July 24, 2012, 10:43:03 pm »

The Conversation skids along the ground on its head, shattering the skull and tearing the brain!
The Conversation has been struck down!
Fun with colors. If you can read this, you just suddenly realized there may be hidden messages in ALL my posts. Good luck finding them all.

Nah, I think everyone's just busy with other things at the moment.

Also, I started counting the various journal entries and stories. There's over a hundred. Each at least a paragraph or two long, some as long as ten-fifteen pages. We've literally got enough fluff going in Talvieno's post to write a damn book.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:55:39 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: July 24, 2012, 11:05:54 pm »

EDIT: POST DELETED
CAUSE: TEMPORAL ANOMALY
ATTITUDE: CONFUSED, IRRITATED
ORIGINAL POST:
I don't see other colors. All my text is one color.

We'll have three books worth of stuff before we are done. Not counting any sequels.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:42:24 am by Xahnel »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: July 24, 2012, 11:07:46 pm »

Urgh. Damn people and their browsers. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: July 24, 2012, 11:14:38 pm »

EDIT: POST DELETED
CAUSE: TEMPORAL ANOMALY
ATTITUDE: SLEEPY, ANGRY
ORIGINAL POST:
It's one of the few advantages to using a cellphone. Now if only it played Minecraft.

Or DF. Maybe toady should look into a DF console.

I have no friggin' clue how, but first my edited post got copied to my previous post, then when i clicked edit, it editted the post below it.

CONCLUSION: Temporal rifts are drifting into the internet from this thread, and messing with my poor, dumb phone.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:50:43 am by Xahnel »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: July 25, 2012, 01:44:28 am »

I really need to get a better sleep schedule. Updates may or maynot become sparse for the next few days. I have alot of work to catch up on. (DAMN YOU PROCRASTIONATION HABITS.)

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: July 25, 2012, 02:03:15 am »

That'll give more people time to post journals in responce. Like me. Need to do that tomorrow. If the library computers aren't working i'll take as long as i must to type it on my cell phone.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 815