Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196448 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3480 on: July 25, 2012, 10:23:27 pm »

ANd so that is completly ruined. Damn.

I'd go through with it but without Eris involved directly in the battle it kind wrecks what I had in mind. guess that's gonnaneed to be rworked or left to die. Knowing me probably the latter.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: July 25, 2012, 10:26:03 pm »

@Mr Frog: I believe the plot hole is that Dorf!Frog gave Silena the day off, while Joseph was watching. I doubt Joseph would approve of this course of action. Also, perhaps the whole 'finding gadgets in the laundry' thing. I would assume Silena isn't immune to the eyes everywhere either, being the only being in close contact with a defecting agent who is both incredibly intelligent, and possessing of the means to create chemicals that can affect judgement.
And your powers of observation must be great indeed.

Tinychat, anyone? I'm going to be playing videos there if anyone needs me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: July 25, 2012, 10:30:24 pm »

Sweet, thanks Mr Frog. If you don't want me adding anything NEW, and everyone seems to like the idea of them being related... Well, option two of my three option idea covers that nicely.
Recap: she is his unknown and unknowing daughter cause of a beaurocratic paperwork screw up during initial recon, and a one night stand caused by boredom.
I suppose if you are just saying "go with what floats your boat" then i'll take door number 2.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: July 25, 2012, 10:33:46 pm »

I have no idea what could be the plothole.  As for utility and practicality disqualifying something from being a megaproject, wouldn't Boatmurder's project: FtW be a counter-example?

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: July 25, 2012, 10:37:36 pm »

I have no idea what could be the plothole.  As for utility and practicality disqualifying something from being a megaproject, wouldn't Boatmurder's project: FtW be a counter-example?
Mysterious lava leakage ended boatmurdered, so no, not really.
EDIT: Just realized; Rose being related won't have much story relevance unless Mr Frog does a DNA test. He prolly will, but til then, she's the minor newbie character.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:41:56 pm by Xahnel »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: July 25, 2012, 10:44:45 pm »

@Splint:

Simple. Eris works covertly to ensure that both entities take maximum damage with a minimum chance of recovery. They do have highly-trained combatants at their disposal, just not enough to comprise a full army. They're a dagger, not a cannon.

@Hansie:

Well, the big tip-off for me was the
Quote from: Hansie
Sigh.
which is pretty much Internet-speak for "I hate you and your entire goddamn family and if you'd be so kind as to remove yourself from existence I'd be eternally-grateful".

The plothole in question was that there'd be no way Mr Frog could have had the secret pockets inside his suits. He only had the one suit on him when he came to Eris, the rest being ordered/stolen from one of Eris's suppliers and delivered to the site -- so only the one suit could have had hidden pockets. Furthermore, there's no way he could have added the pockets afterwards with surveillance as it is -- his other seemingly-odd actions aren't terribly suggestive in and of themselves, but if some surveillance goon saw him sewing hidden compartments into his clothing, security would be all over him in an instant.

E: Joseph's pretty laid-back, so I doubt he'd really raise a fuss if Mr Frog gave his terminally-tired  aide a day off.

@Xahnel:

The thing about them not knowing each other, though, is that it makes the fact that they're related pretty much inconsequential for most intents and purposes. I guess it's okay to have little details like that, but the thought of having an established detail that doesn't actually serve a purpose really razzes me for some reason (though not enough to really make it a 'no').
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:49:28 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: July 25, 2012, 10:51:06 pm »

Nope, you forget the part where both clone frog and dorf frog find out. So, it'll happen twice, and Rose will at that point pull a weapon or five and become VERY involved in his life. Rose takes the angry red head stereotype and multiplies it by semi automatic shotgun. Them not knowing each other is just me acknowledging the whole "family member he's never once thought of or mentioned ever" thing you pointed out.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: July 25, 2012, 10:54:59 pm »

@Xahnel:

How would they find out? They don't know each other. There's nothing particularly special linking them besides species -- they likely look nothing alike, for one. What would motivate them to look in to something like that?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: July 25, 2012, 11:03:49 pm »

Mr Frog strikes me as the paranoid type. Imagine this: he knows he's the only member of his species on the plane. Suddenly, someone else who doesn't quite seem to be a dwarf shows up out of nowhere. Is it a stretch for him to wonder if ballpoint sent someone to check up on him, perhaps cause they've stopped trusting him, and want someone they know to be loyal to watch him? After all, he has turned against them. Therefore, he'd want to check to make sure. Kidnapping ensues, since he seems to like doing that.
EDIT: I forgot to add his logic for  kidnapping: if she is ballpoint, she won't tell anyone, and he can easily bs his way through a loyalty check, and if she isn't, no one will care, since she's the newest member of the fort.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:10:50 pm by Xahnel »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: July 25, 2012, 11:06:55 pm »

I can't organize my thoughts today for some reason. Been trying unsuccessfully to rationalize what I was thinking and haven't succeeded. On a different note, we got more migrants it aseems. there was a stupid glitched trader blocking the flow of them.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: July 25, 2012, 11:13:51 pm »

Sweet~ More migrants. Should i edit my journal to allow them to live? Or are you treating them as a seperate group?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: July 25, 2012, 11:14:12 pm »

@Splint:

Ah, so that's the mystery of the absentee migrants solved, at least.

@Xaxah:

Where would he draw the conclusion that they're possibly related, though? I can't think of any way for it to come out on its own, he likely wouldn't bother checking unless he had a reasonable suspicion, and I don't get how he'd think they might be related just because they work(ed) for the same company and are of the same species.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: July 25, 2012, 11:21:43 pm »

Simplest way to check species is a DNA test. For him, anyways. I wouldn't have a problem believing his iPad thing can do that, since it is a scientific device for someone who is at least partially a biological scientist. As well, he wouldn't have any other DNA from other members of his species, so he would use his own for the compare. The computer would throw up a positive match, and then it would point out the similarities. This would show a fifty percent match with his own PERSONAL strand, as well as a match in species.

If you can't tell, i'm totally winging this conversation.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: July 25, 2012, 11:26:35 pm »

Indeed. /teal'c imitation
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: July 25, 2012, 11:31:26 pm »

Indeed. /teal'c imitation
Teal'c is cool, but his indeed doesn't stand up to the minecrafting time lord, KurtJMac.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.
-bark-
Wolfie stamp of approval.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 815