Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178477 times)

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3525 on: July 27, 2012, 08:05:09 am »

Maybe the gobbos are staying away in fear of the necros, not aware that you killed all of them at the moment?  Just throwing out random ideas.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: July 27, 2012, 08:38:43 am »

Sign me up for a dorfing.
Name: Kingfisher
Job: Medical Staff
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: July 27, 2012, 08:52:13 am »

Can do Kingfisher. Can't promis medical, but we've quite a few unrandomized dorfs now, so you'll get one. Oh and Draconik has been dorf'd.

The update went fast or seemed to because literally nothing happened except my smaller projects being worked on. And to clarify, I don't like block roads on the surface. Looks too much like a floor. Plus we have more damn raw stone than we could ever hope to get rid of. Hell I think Loud Whispers and three ofther dorfs have been working on mugs nonstop, and I've set two mason shops to make blocks endlessly; I still ran out of blocks.

Current renovation projects are making paved block roads on all the main paths in the dirt levels. Two new spacious barracks have been complete, complete with sleeping and eating facilities, and a lovely statue garden, with iron, shale, and an electrum statue, as well as using up the last of the spare chairs making pointless little spots of chiars gathered around tables in the garden watch tower. Most of the work I've done took the better part of Spring and Summer, though the mill was built suprisingly quickly. It's windpowered, with featherwood mills.

Also, due to our massive kaolitinite reserves, we will have porcelien bricks galore, and porcelien statues if it pleases you guys. Can make ash to make some lovely glazed porcelien statuary.  I'm also spoiling my personal guards. Gave them rooms with iron plated floors with porcielien flooring in the woorways.... Don't stare at me like that we have several meteric fucktons of iron. Oh and adamantine production is going well. Well over 99, but I may save some strands to make adamantine claoks and hoods for myself, my guards, and our champion.

Any projects you guys want me to work on? Keep in mind I'll be hellbent on finishing them so make them reasonable.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: July 27, 2012, 10:25:10 am »

You are aware that Adamantine lowers the survival chances of you and your guard considerably if it is not in the form of usefull armor? so see to it that the military si equipped first or you may well be the subject or a putch during a later overseer's reign #_#, or you may find your room connected to ashabars by mysterious circumstance :-D, just to test how well that adamantine cloak hold's up to wear :-)

Seriously though do not make adamantine clothing, it degrades and is a waste of adamantine
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: July 27, 2012, 10:38:04 am »

I never said it was for a useful purpose, did I. My guards and I won't even be wearing the best armor in terms of materials. Iron and wood shields with pitchblende hammers. And beside, I thought you guys would be better than that. There's no mysterious circumstances here. I'll make plenty of black bronze to meet any stupid demands relating to the metal I may make. I really don't want to add in the whole ban on "accidents" like I was thinking I'd need to. It stagnates advancement because we won't get a replacment baron nor can we assign a new one.

And come on, this is probably the first fivilous thing I've ever done with adamantine. Ever. Most of my use of it has been limited to nonexistent due to paranoia. hell I've only ever actually made four things in my entire time playing DF out of adamantine and those were some longswords for human soldiers.

We have tons of the crap and they'll still have thier basic cloaks and hoods. It's mostly just a status thing, as I've rarely had the stuff in such quanities I can be allowed to waste  16ish units of it. Besides, I'm sure one of us has an even stupider idea involving making an adamantine boner on our front lawn/in hell or something.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: July 27, 2012, 11:38:32 am »

Besides, I'm sure one of us has an even stupider idea involving making an adamantine boner on our front lawn/in hell or something.

You do realize that just because you said this, some future overseer is likely to do just that, right?

Still waiting on news of what you made my dwarf be.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: July 27, 2012, 11:55:55 am »

Infantrydorf. An unclaimed pikedorf to be specific.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: July 27, 2012, 12:17:44 pm »

Besides, I'm sure one of us has an even stupider idea involving making an adamantine boner on our front lawn/in hell or something.

You do realize that just because you said this, some future overseer is likely to do just that, right?

Still waiting on news of what you made my dwarf be.

Well, I hadn't planned on an adamantine boner, but now that you mention it... :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: July 27, 2012, 12:35:15 pm »

Now see, the several dozen/hundred units that'd probably need is a complete and total waste. So 16 being sacrified for bitchin' cloaks and hoods should sound far more reasonable.

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: July 27, 2012, 12:38:32 pm »

Let's see...

Good updates, Splint :) It's good to see that for once, things seem to be calm - although I doubt it'll stay that way for very long.

I can't see anyone having any issue with using the fixmigrant tweak in DFHack either, since that is a fairly irritating bug.

To be honest, using adamantine for cloaks, or a giant middle finger, or a boner, it doesn't really matter - it's for shits and giggles anyway, so hell. Go for it. I doubt we can get any more screwed than we already are :p

Slightly off topic, but... I watched the new version of "The Thing" yesterday. I won't try to explain the movie, since I suck at explaining things, but I noticed something fairly amusing while I was watching it.

One of the... forms the monster/alien/thing took resembled (at least vaguely) a holistic spawn. Ring of teeth exploded out of the chest (entire chest was a mouth, basically), massive claws for hands, etc. It wasn't exactly right, but the similarity amused me.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: July 27, 2012, 12:41:22 pm »

Maybe I'll try to build a giant iron fist with copper fingers flipping the bird...

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: July 27, 2012, 01:45:44 pm »

Infantrydorf. An unclaimed pikedorf to be specific.

Fair enough, here's to the hope of a long life and/or glorious death.

Well, I hadn't planned on an adamantine boner, but now that you mention it... :P

Thank you, Hans, for proving my point. (note heavy sarcasm, said as dryly as possible)

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: July 27, 2012, 01:57:00 pm »

I am happy. Anyone care to guess why?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: July 27, 2012, 02:01:15 pm »

new dilbert episodes?
a new Master and Commander movie?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: July 27, 2012, 02:10:25 pm »

Nope. I've written part of a rose post, an i think it's coming out good. I am also happy that i have written the apparent best arrival journal ever. But the thing that is truly making me giddy as a schoolgirl involves minecraft, !!SCIENCE!!, and Slenderman.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 815