Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2195205 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3780 on: August 01, 2012, 05:32:15 am »

Obvious joke was obvious. Ponies have become involved in the timewar as a joke, and so cannot be expunged.

I should be done with my work today, and after a breather from mind raping/ rage inducing content, I'll continue my turn.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: August 01, 2012, 06:29:43 am »

well yeah the ability to use 2 weapons was the reason they each got assigned, well 2 :-)

on reading the desription this comes to mind:

Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: August 01, 2012, 06:30:34 am »

Can't even see that man.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: August 01, 2012, 06:36:07 am »

Obvious joke was obvious. Ponies have become involved in the timewar as a joke, and so cannot be expunged.
Unless you discount jokes... :D

I also vote rerail. Ponies in Spearbreakers thread must be avoided at all costs. Let's talk about cavies instead.

Spoiler: rerail derail (click to show/hide)

Looking forwards to your next update, Splint.

EDIT: Oh, and PBT - I noticed a lot of dwarves had chosen a crossbow for their secondary weapon. If a dwarf picks up a crossbow at all, it becomes pretty much the only weapon they ever use, as far as I've seen. Not good for melee troops.
I can't see the pic either. :( But I fixed it so it could be seen.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:30:20 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: August 01, 2012, 06:40:04 am »

Why can I not see it....

Also: It's too late; The Corruption has spread and  it can only be stopped.... well by nothing. But hey, it isn't n overridding thing and is more like the timewar's running gag, and even then they've only been mentioned what, three times ina giant convoluted mess? (they seem to be the most unserious thing ever in the whole damn mess period, excluding The Master's madness and Draignean as Zap Brannidorf.)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: August 01, 2012, 07:07:13 am »

Hrm... Let's try to keep them at Eris anyway. I won't be very happy if I'm forced to write about them at some point.  :-\

And I thought The Master's madness was a very serious thing.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: August 01, 2012, 07:13:24 am »

It didn't get serious until he tried to kill people.

And I include them as a demographic in Sewaturet beause of it's status as a major city (plus there's Sythod and Manamaids, so I figured "Why the fuck not.") You don't need to write them if you don't want to. Any that become narrativly important will likely be of my own fault anyway, and thus you need not concern your own writings with them.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: August 01, 2012, 07:50:08 am »

That said, can we please try to steer back towards semi-on-topic now? soulslicer had to rerail a derail that had been itself derailed. Our ADD has gone recursive.

My problem is that I just see something incorrect and I feel the need to correct it.  On rerailing however, I too agree on getting everything back on topic, with lasers if necessary.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: August 01, 2012, 08:09:16 am »

with lasers if necessary.
Lasers have derailed this thread once already, so let's use something else.

How are you planning to build that giant birdie, Splint?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: August 01, 2012, 08:12:37 am »

By liberal application of metal bars and making the hand proper hollow (but with support beams). I've also decided to add a giant gold plat on the back of the hand to represent where an Angry Face would be.

I won't be able to do it exact with the time I have, but it'll be a good enough useless monument. And a giant symbol of defiance. And where the hell was I during the laser derail?

EDIT: Poll locked, I'll be using a combination of Iron and gold for the exterior, iron for the interior support beams, and copper for the interior flooring. I am also going to make red glass available if at all possible for the sequel, as I am going to make glass windows where they eyes of the angry face would be.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: August 01, 2012, 08:19:22 am »

Glad you're using bars this time instead of raw material. :) Should go faster... Are you turning it into a watchtower like we suggested, by any chance? Also, where are you going to build it? I don't think "exact" matters, just so long as we have our giant finger. If my turn rolls around again before the fortress dies, I want to add a skeletal hand stretching out of the ground, like a corpse clawing its way out of a grave... Or somebody could do that for me to make sure it gets done.

Laser derail was 10 pages back. I went science police on Aseaheru.

edit: Ninja'd by an edit. I don't think that's ever happened before.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: August 01, 2012, 08:24:26 am »

The reason I used raw stone is there is literally to damn much of it and the sheer volume o different stone makes using specific materials take too long. i had to use raw shale for the walls simply because waiting for enough blocks would take too long, and I wanna finish my projects before my turn ends. Plus block roads look too floory to be outside.

And once the Spawn are beaten back I can apply the silver ones to make a hand sticking out of the blood plain if you like. I can just assign blacksmithing to random dorfs and have them do it.

Also, 1st squad is to remain permanently active and training, as is 2nd. 2nd is posted in the iron barracks outside and 1st by the depot.

The Fist of RAEG is probably going to be turned into a small eatery by whoever the best chef in the fort is.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: August 01, 2012, 08:51:25 am »

Am I the only one who likes block roads? :-\ I think they look awesome, and really official/grandiose. I usually build huge outdoor courtyards with them at some point during my fortress's life. Preferably with multiple-z pillars and a roof with plants growing on top from purposefully-spilled mud. Kind of like a "hanging gardens" sort of thing. In my opinion, it just doesn't look as good with ~~ squiggles. I like the + +'s better. I'd be likely to tear up your roads and replace them. :P

Sure, a hand out of the blood plain would be awesome. It'd depend on how big you were planning to make it, though... I suppose you could do it with just a few z's, if you were making it largely horizontal to the ground, forming a roof held up by the arm and clawing fingers. Then again, you're more than halfway through your turn, if I understand right - I doubt you'd have time. :P Just focus on the birdie.

An eatery in the "eff you" sign? Hrm... I suppose that can be re-purposed, same as everything else. ;) Who's the best chef, anyway?

That reminds me. Set all tallow to not be cooked! Last I looked, we have NO SOAP. Soap is essential for keeping papercuts from killing dwarves. Aside from neglect, that's probably part of what's killing people off. Dirty dwarves get infections easier, and we've got blood raining from the sky.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: August 01, 2012, 08:54:37 am »

I was just going to keep it to 1-2 z's if I do do it, with some of the fingers buried in the ground and ramp up where the wrist would be.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: August 01, 2012, 09:16:06 am »

Aside from neglect, that's probably part of what's killing people off. Dirty dwarves get infections easier, and we've got blood raining from the sky.

HIV? Damn....
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 815