Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178827 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4110 on: August 07, 2012, 12:23:13 am »

No accidents here. This is a military installation and killing our dwarves is counter productive to its nature. Plus I will question any and all cave in deaths and demand proof any deaths unrelated to enemy action were accidental. The only thing I can't do that for is Stausic because there were no combat reports and he was perfectly happy. Just randomly comusted.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: August 07, 2012, 12:28:48 am »

Yeah, given that this thing has 82 pages worth of posts in 50 ppp format, I don't think this is gonna be abandoned anytime soon :D

Any chance of someone compiling this into a easier to read relatively continuous document or is that the long term plan.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: August 07, 2012, 12:29:28 am »

No accidents here. This is a military installation and killing our dwarves is counter productive to its nature. Plus I will question any and all cave in deaths and demand proof any deaths unrelated to enemy action were accidental. The only thing I can't do that for is Stausic because there were no combat reports and he was perfectly happy. Just randomly comusted.

Sure, that's what I would say too. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: August 07, 2012, 12:31:20 am »

The only thing I can't do that for is Stausic because there were no combat reports and he was perfectly happy. Just randomly comusted.

So he defected to a British prog. folk band? That's odd to say the least.

Any chance of someone compiling this into a easier to read relatively continuous document or is that the long term plan.

I'd say that's more a long term goal than anything, but you'd have to ask Talvi and Splint about that; I only joined this mess a few weeks ago :P

FAKEEDIT: Double ninja'd!
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: August 07, 2012, 12:35:49 am »

@ Hans -  Didn't have a reason to kill him and din't even know he was dead until someone found him and I zoomed to find him having evidently stuffed his head ina magma smelter.

@ Megaman - Fuckin' Typo Fairy....

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: August 07, 2012, 12:50:30 am »

@ Hans -  Didn't have a reason to kill him and din't even know he was dead until someone found him and I zoomed to find him having evidently stuffed his head ina magma smelter.

Suuure you didn't.

And you left me a perfect opportunity to make an obscure joke. I couldn't resist it :P
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: August 07, 2012, 12:54:14 am »

He was a jewler. A non-noble, and a first year. I don't even know how the fuck he managed to kill himself.

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: August 07, 2012, 01:19:52 am »

Two cents prior to story as far as i've read the plot.
1: HS-2 is Ballpoint's spawn sample, in my plot i've made reference to Parasol having HS-1 and HS-1G (the Original Sample and the Greater spawn sample so Syrupleaf style spawn)
2: HS-X is what Spearbreakers is up against, it is a mutation of the HS-2  and currently it is the smartest of the spawn series.

The Betrayal:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ninja'd X 20

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: August 07, 2012, 01:59:08 am »

Except Mr Frog, he's on hiatus to rebuild his possibly damaged ego.

Nonsense! My ego is locked in an adamantine-plated strongbox and buried at an undisclosed location on an undisclosed planet in an undisclosed universe. It ain't getting no damage no how.

Okay, yeah, it pretty much deflates if someone looks at me funny :V  I'm a pansy, I admit it.

I'm mostly just embarrassed, though; I wasn't exactly on my best behaviour there.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: August 07, 2012, 02:37:40 am »

Your not a Pansy, your "MR (no period) FROG" one of the primary reasons for this !!MADNESS!! !!FUN!! , without you most of us wouldn't even have side stories.  so if your ego's abit deflated at the moment just look back over the almost 300 pages and know that this is a masterpiece.

No wait I take that back.  This place makes SPARTA look like Pre-School and we had World War 1 and 2 for Breakfast.

and most of us are crazy, Bat-shit insane, Insanity on the edge of making Clown Cars run for their mommas, enough to want...
!!MORE!!

Edit: Sorry insanity took place, your awesome Mr Frog is what this is trying to say.  I blame this on a mood.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:39:17 am by Draconik_Sankis »

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: August 07, 2012, 04:04:14 am »

Except Mr Frog, he's on hiatus to rebuild his possibly damaged ego.

Nonsense! My ego is locked in an adamantine-plated strongbox and buried at an undisclosed location on an undisclosed planet in an undisclosed universe. It ain't getting no damage no how.

Okay, yeah, it pretty much deflates if someone looks at me funny :V  I'm a pansy, I admit it.

I'm mostly just embarrassed, though; I wasn't exactly on my best behaviour there.

Just do what I do, have an ego so over-inflated that it automatically writes off anything that could damage it as spiteful LIES from your enemies.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: August 07, 2012, 06:17:25 am »

So much to reply to!  :o First, an update, then, an epic post by Hanslanda, then two lurkers come out...

First thing, Fischer jokes. (Except they're not jokes.)
  • Fischer does not "hunt" because the word "hunting" infers the probability of failure. Fischer goes killing.
  • If you can see Fischer, she can see you. If you can't see Fischer, you may be only seconds away from death.
  • When bogeymen children go to sleep in the morning, they check their closets for Fischer.

Second: Epic update, Hanslanda! Very, very awesome. But I can't take the credit for it - half of it was your idea.

Third: Hey, Orodogoth, Inquisitor. Welcome to the madness (though "madness" is as much of an understatement as saying Fischer kicks ass).

Yeah, given that this thing has 82 pages worth of posts in 50 ppp format, I don't think this is gonna be abandoned anytime soon :D
EHHHhhhhh... I guess I'll get to work on it. Might as well, this is the third time it's been mentioned that it'd be useful. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I have enough of the Word trial left on this computer (and no administrator access)... I'll try anyway.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: August 07, 2012, 07:16:57 am »

Am i the only one who see's strikethroughs as red underlines?
@talvieno: i'd be glad to help. You can focus on the overseer posts, and i can try to get each side story into it's own document. I'd also happily volunteer my mediafire account for cloud storage.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: August 07, 2012, 07:40:57 am »

I think so... I see the strikethroughs without a problem. But the text was red - that might be why the underline was.

I've spent the last hour, and I've gotten through page 10 of 275. The file is already 4 MB in size. For those of you lazy to do math (me), I'm only 3.6% of the way through. At this rate, that means I have 26 hours left to work, and the file will be 110 MB in size. If, you know, it keeps up at this rate. Hopefully it won't.

Xahnel, if you could sort out the side stories, that'd be awesome. The trouble is, a lot of them are interconnected so that you have to read ALL the stories in order for any of it to make sense. :-\ That's why I was trying to put them in order, arranged among the overseer posts. If you'd rather I do just overseer posts, I'll do that. (For now, anyway - so much of Spearbreakers (maybe 2/3?) is in side stories (which are actually official - not just "fan fic") that to get the full experience you have to read the side stories, too.)

I have a mediafire account too, actually, and wouldn't have a problem volunteering it, so long as nothing gets deleted. I have some of my programs up there.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: August 07, 2012, 07:59:43 am »

Well then... If you do two hour increments, and accoutning for new updates, it'll take... Fifteen days. Roughly.
As for the side stories, i was considering putting them all as standalone documents, with a warning to readers to remember the stories are all connected, and to (attempt to, anyways) understand the story, you gotta read it all. Just makes it less frightening in size, as it is broken into bite sized chunks.
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 815