Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2198129 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4470 on: August 15, 2012, 10:30:33 pm »

I think he's as close to the Story! Mr Frog as we'll get, if that counts...

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: August 15, 2012, 11:38:31 pm »

Well, obviously if she is acting as drill sergeant, she'll need more rest, what with halen gently sapping her life force to survive. And perhaps you missed this, but i said i wanted rose to reveal halen to Splint. Preferably before he stops being overseer. Because story. And she respects him. Not too much, but more than anyone else.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: August 15, 2012, 11:44:19 pm »

I'll do that. Oh and I decided to interpret fischer crushing a spawn's heart into oblivion with a punch as her tearing it out, and showing it to the spawn before crushing it in her cold, justifiably hate filled hand.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: August 16, 2012, 12:05:20 am »

Due to the natyure of the situation I must post this.

It is the 15th of Obsidian.

And the spawn have come in force. In fact, thier hive king leads them.

15th Obsidian.... Plenty of time to kill them all.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: August 16, 2012, 12:28:41 am »

Bwahahaha
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: August 16, 2012, 01:18:29 am »

1. Release the Fischer!
2. And there was much screaming.
3. ? ? ? ?
4. living Spawn == 0
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: August 16, 2012, 01:24:55 am »

Fist kill went to Paintbrush, killed thier war dingo. Jack Magnus got the first proper kill when he liberated a spawn of it's head.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: August 16, 2012, 04:06:47 am »

I bet they were lying in wait until now just to give you a false sense of security.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: August 16, 2012, 04:11:01 am »

I wish these spawn died from brain taruma. Fischer literally has the hive king's ENTIRE PERSONAL GUARD bears included on top of her and she's still fighting. Why is stabbing it int the chest so much to ask for? If they died from brain trauma she'd have killed this bastard 6 times over by now.

EDIT: I've NEVER been this concerned in a battle. EVER. Fischer literally dove into the whole swarm of spawn. She's nearly been killed twice and her armor saved her. Whoever forged it, you would recieve an Adamantine Cross and they'd be free to do whatever they want FOREVER.

EDIT II: Ohgodohgodohgodohgod Fischer FUCKING PASSED OUT. Her helmet's the only thing keeping her alive right now!

EDIT III: Everyone's alive thankfully. Aseaheru lost the use of his left arm though.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: August 16, 2012, 06:15:37 am »

And once again, the shit hits the fan right at the end of somebody's turn. The Spearbreakers Tradition continues.

This sounds like a full-scale spawn siege... If you sent Fischer into the middle of that alone, she's screwed. Not even adamantine armor can protect against huge masses of them. I did testing that proves it... A single dwarf can survive up to around 6 spawn attacking at once, if they're really skilled and wearing full armor. Given the fact that it's Fischer, I'd bump the number up to about 18... Unfortunately, sieges tend to contain a lot more than just 16 invaders... :-\ We may have lost our best fighter. To the Spawn.
I imagine they're saying, "who's demoted to extra now??"

@ Mr Frog: Still a lot better than I could do. :\ Why is it I seem to have the least drawing talent of anyone? lol   Still, that's a lot closer to what I pictured. I can't see Mr Frog wearing "civvie gear" for anything... However, I imagined him wearing dark gray, and something that doesn't look so much like a high-quality suit. :P Cloak works fine - you did a good job on  it. Glasses are perfect, love the expression... Something appears to have happened to his legs, though. :P

I imagined him with combed-back dark brown hair with streaks of gray in it... I think I'm the only one who did. I just figured he'd want to keep his hair out of his face while he worked, and wouldn't care so much about how he looked otherwise.

EDIT: By the way, Bombzero sent me a message stating that he won't be playing. I sent one to Dariush, I guess we'll see if he feels up to taking it. If not, well, that means it's your turn, Reudh. :) And I know you're up-to-date, so at least that won't be an issue.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:21:07 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: August 16, 2012, 06:22:16 am »

A masterwork candy helmet saved Fischer's life. update will come soon.Spiler: WE FUCKING WON. Not only won, we trounced them because they moved in a way that spread them out, allowing our soldiers to gang up on them one or two at a time.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: August 16, 2012, 06:32:02 am »

Woot! Glad Fischer survived, and especially that we trounced them... lol   I didn't think that'd happen so easily. Sounds like a few people did get wounded, though. Seriously short battle...

edit: Wasn't it Talvi that forged most of the armor? :D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:34:05 am by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: August 16, 2012, 06:50:14 am »

Reudh, you'll be up next buddy. GOt a dentist appointment so I can't talk no more right now.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: August 16, 2012, 06:50:47 am »

Good thing that we didn't lose Fischer, that would probably have set PLAN:EVICTION back a few years minimum.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: August 16, 2012, 06:59:27 am »

So long as we still have Fischer, the fortress cannot fall.

...So long as Fischer isn't berserk, anyway. If she is, the fortress falls regardless. (and at least we don't have husks or thralls. A Fischer Thrall would be literally unstoppable. Actually, that's a plausible apocalypse scenario, ranked up there with tidal waves and comet collisions.

Anyway, when Fischer finally dies... that will be when we know it's hopeless.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 815